Round 19 with alacrity

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 19 with alacrity

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:37 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Just quietly....isnt Pavlich playing game 350.

Yeah but mentioning that Pavlich is a great captain, great player and a selfless player would detract from Boomer breaking the record! ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2512 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:42 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

Yeah but mentioning that Pavlich is a great captain, great player and a selfless player would detract from Boomer breaking the record! ;)

True dat
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:46 pm

That's massive as well. Jumping on a plane every second week. I can't believe people are so focused on the peripherals. We won't see another round like this for a long time, perhaps ever. Even Boomer should get a bit of love this week. For a runt to break the all time league record when most players these days are 190 and quick with it is absolutely massive. North have never been a favourite of mine but I hope they have a big win for the little champ because that is what he is.

As for Pav an absolute freak. He has BEEN Fremantle, the best player in the club's history. Durable, dependable and just bloody good. Perhaps one of the best SA players to play the game I believe he is incredibly underrated even by many South Australians because he plays in the West. Imagine the hype over Pavlich in Adelaide if he was a Blackbird? They would have renamed a suburb for him...say Alberton ha ha.

I'll also get in with my Boris and Bartel tribute before daisy does. Boris Enright, if I can recall was actually a Port prospect at some stage. I think he might have had a run around with the Magpie Juniors at some stage. I reckon he's the most dependable defender I have seen over a long period since the great Bruce Doull. After 327 games I reckon you can count the bad ones on one hand and about three of them were last year. The recruitment of Henderson and the evolution of Koladajshni (I'll never learn how to spell that) has rejuvenated a career that looked like it was stalling. Last year the Catters put in a stinker for Boris' 300th so I'm pretty sure we won't tonight. As for Bartel too small, too slow, too bloody good. A lot of non-Cat fans can be a bit dismissive of Bartel as he isn't flashy as Ablett, explosive as Chapman or as unstoppable as Scarlett but Bartel is right up there with the best Cats of our era. The big thing about Jimmy is just how well he marks the football. This is why he has bobbed up all over the ground even though most Cat fans would prefer not to see Jimmy in the backline, especially at the moment. Bartel has an excellent football brain and a penatrating kick and is also good at ground level.

There should plenty of great moments in Footy this week to distract us from the inevitable batting collapse against the Sri Lankan spinners on the weekend.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1817 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:52 pm

Is he wearing a long sleeve?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:55 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

That's massive as well. Jumping on a plane every second week. I can't believe people are so focused on the peripherals. We won't see another round like this for a long time, perhaps ever. Even Boomer should get a bit of love this week. For a runt to break the all time league record when most players these days are 190 and quick with it is absolutely massive. North have never been a favourite of mine but I hope they have a big win for the little champ because that is what he is.

As for Pav an absolute freak. He has BEEN Fremantle, the best player in the club's history. Durable, dependable and just bloody good. Perhaps one of the best SA players to play the game I believe he is incredibly underrated even by many South Australians because he plays in the West. Imagine the hype over Pavlich in Adelaide if he was a Blackbird? They would have renamed a suburb for him...say Alberton ha ha.

I'll also get in with my Boris and Bartel tribute before daisy does. Boris Enright, if I can recall was actually a Port prospect at some stage. I think he might have had a run around with the Magpie Juniors at some stage. I reckon he's the most dependable defender I have seen over a long period since the great Bruce Doull. After 327 games I reckon you can count the bad ones on one hand and about three of them were last year. The recruitment of Henderson and the evolution of Koladajshni (I'll never learn how to spell that) has rejuvenated a career that looked like it was stalling. Last year the Catters put in a stinker for Boris' 300th so I'm pretty sure we won't tonight. As for Bartel too small, too slow, too bloody good. A lot of non-Cat fans can be a bit dismissive of Bartel as he isn't flashy as Ablett, explosive as Chapman or as unstoppable as Scarlett but Bartel is right up there with the best Cats of our era. The big thing about Jimmy is just how well he marks the football. This is why he has bobbed up all over the ground even though most Cat fans would prefer not to see Jimmy in the backline, especially at the moment. Bartel has an excellent football brain and a penatrating kick and is also good at ground level.

There should plenty of great moments in Footy this week to distract us from the inevitable batting collapse against the Sri Lankan spinners on the weekend.

regards,

REB

Couldnt agree more REB well said allround
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:02 pm

think boomer should have ran and olympic torch through the suburbs of melbourne

or wait no, bartlett runs it to tucks house, passes on to tuck, he runs it to boomer, boomer runs in to the stadium just before the game wearing tucks long sleeves and the flame comes in and stkilda piss all over it :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:03 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

I have always rated Bartel very highly. He will join Simon Black in the 300 game, Brownlow winner, and Norm Smith winner club. Very exclusive.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:04 pm

marbles wrote:think boomer should have ran and olympic torch through the suburbs of melbourne

or wait no, bartlett runs it to tucks house, passes on to tuck, he runs it to boomer, boomer runs in to the stadium just before the game wearing tucks long sleeves and the flame comes in and stkilda piss all over it :D

Or use it to ignite a midget.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:12 pm

Is the midget wearing a long sleeve?

Oh hang on....... Of course Boomer is.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:20 pm

marbles wrote:think boomer should have ran and olympic torch through the suburbs of melbourne

Bartlett never passed to anyone in his career, why start now
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:22 pm

Jim05 wrote:

classic jimbo :D

do we know who held the record before KB - obviously 4th ever but who
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:23 pm

Geez REB 2 very good posts in a short time there.

Both Bartel and Enright fantastic players. Agree on your thoughts on Pav, he is Freo. Unfortunately most people east of Ceduna don't care!

Already said my bit on Boomer.... Anyone who can get to 427 to take the record from Tucky deserves some recognition of that Acheivment.

Hopefully we can hold out the Lankan spinners!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1277 times
Been liked: 3476 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:24 pm

Corona Man wrote:Geez REB 2 very good posts in a short time there.

Both Bartel and Enright fantastic players. Agree on your thoughts on Pav, he is Freo. Unfortunately most people east of Ceduna don't care!

Already said my bit on Boomer.... Anyone who can get to 427 to take the record from Tucky deserves some recognition of that Acheivment.

Hopefully we can hold out the Lankan spinners!

heard he's wearing tucks boots too in the warm up
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:25 pm

marbles wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

classic jimbo :D

do we know who held the record before KB - obviously 4th ever but who

Rantall or Murray I'm thinking
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:42 pm

Just having a bit of a think about Tucky... Reckon I was at the game when he broke KB's record. It was at the G, reckon we played the Dees.

A lad I worked with at the time was mates with Tony Hall, who was coming back from his knee injury. Got us tickets to the game, into the rooms pre game and back to the club at Glenferrie.

Long time ago, was a bit of fanfare but nothing like the carry on this week. Which is a reflection of the modern game and a bigger media interest.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:46 pm

Corona Man wrote:Got us tickets to the game, into the rooms pee game and back to the club at Glenferrie.

Was there a poo game too?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Got us tickets to the game, into the rooms pee game and back to the club at Glenferrie.

Melbourne were playing, so yes!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:49 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Melbourne were playing, so yes!

I thought it was two special games to make a Hawthorn Guernsey.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:07 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Couldnt agree more REB well said allround

Agreed aswell, couldn't like that post more. Pav and Enright are legends and I absolutely love watching them play footy. Above all else I really respect and enjoy the longevity of Boomer, Boris and Pav with longevity being something I strive for in my football.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10326 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:19 pm

This round has created 5 pages before the first bounce of the round...
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL