2016 C Grades thread - general discussion

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: 2016 C Grades thread - general discussion

Postby carey » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:52 pm

Fair gap from the rest to PHOS, Port Districts, Athelstone and Salisbury Nth that's for sure!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby marbles » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:53 pm

finn wrote:
marbles wrote:
finn wrote:
carey wrote:Salisbury Nth C1 train Wednesday nights. It is clear every other side trains with there A's and B's (More so B's at a guess) some very well drilled sides in C1, The standard has massively surprised me.

Uni's c1 side trains with the div 7 side on Thursdays and with all lower grades earlier in the week.

Wow finns back thought youd still be in yatla mate

Day release has added benefits though...the top four or five teams could beat each other on any given day. All have a fair whack of talent in them.

you just stay clear of them pingas son

with the question coming from purple warrior could the information provided here be expressed by the great damien barrett on the footy show? purple?

is this a culture investigation :-?

sharks Cs train with the over 35s squad they lead us we just follow (no pingas there purple)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby carey » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:56 pm

Massive credit to the Henley lads on Saturday. Great team to play against top blokes and we enjoyed quite a few froths after the game. Wish them well the rest of the year.

Remember a few of them for 2008
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby marbles » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:15 pm

carey wrote:Massive credit to the Henley lads on Saturday. Great team to play against top blokes and we enjoyed quite a few froths after the game. Wish them well the rest of the year.

Remember a few of them for 2008

When Paralowie pumped a few cgraders in the 2008 div 7 grand final? :D - just joking mate

good to see Salisbury North on the improve your boys are on the up

and good to see the SHOC boys giving the goody saints a lesson at shocking park
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby finn » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:36 am

carey wrote:Fair gap from the rest to PHOS, Port Districts, Athelstone and Salisbury Nth that's for sure!

Athelstone have improved again and knocked off goodwood and rostrevor in the last few weeks. They're slowly getting early last year's side back together.i know this week will be tough against SHOC at middle school.; a hard place to play for some reason.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:46 pm

I couldnt see it in the The Bounce but we got a bloke playing his 400th game in our Henley C1 side in the morning, good luck & well done to Darren Kite - 10:15am
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby citycoaster17 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:13 am

marbles wrote:I couldnt see it in the The Bounce but we got a bloke playing his 400th game in our Henley C1 side in the morning, good luck & well done to Darren Kite - 10:15am

Congratulations Kitey!!!!!!

Great bloke, great club man. He was an old prick when I first played for Henley back in the mid 90's!!!!
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Dangeroos » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:39 am

But of a rough day at Smithfield oval today. Without focusing on all three grades going down, it was hard to watch one of our guys suffer a broken jaw in an accidental collision with a teammate. He was motionless for quite some time, ambulance called, game abandoned in 3rd quarter. A big thanks to no. 78 from Plympton who helped treat him and stayed with our 'Mad Dog Marty' through the entire ordeal. You were fantastic and we thank you and your club for the support you showed today.
Dangeroos
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby coman » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:28 pm

Dangeroos wrote:But of a rough day at Smithfield oval today. Without focusing on all three grades going down, it was hard to watch one of our guys suffer a broken jaw in an accidental collision with a teammate. He was motionless for quite some time, ambulance called, game abandoned in 3rd quarter. A big thanks to no. 78 from Plympton who helped treat him and stayed with our 'Mad Dog Marty' through the entire ordeal. You were fantastic and we thank you and your club for the support you showed today.

Yeah it was a very sickening freak accident that no one would like to witness in sports and in general life, but like my fellow friend above mentioned, that a player from plympton that stabilised our wounded soldier till the ambulance arrived, you are a true legend mate, cheers.
coman
Rookie

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 61 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Magnum Force » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:40 pm

coman wrote:
Dangeroos wrote:But of a rough day at Smithfield oval today. Without focusing on all three grades going down, it was hard to watch one of our guys suffer a broken jaw in an accidental collision with a teammate. He was motionless for quite some time, ambulance called, game abandoned in 3rd quarter. A big thanks to no. 78 from Plympton who helped treat him and stayed with our 'Mad Dog Marty' through the entire ordeal. You were fantastic and we thank you and your club for the support you showed today.

Yeah it was a very sickening freak accident that no one would like to witness in sports and in general life, but like my fellow friend above mentioned, that a player from plympton that stabilised our wounded soldier till the ambulance arrived, you are a true legend mate, cheers.

Any word on how the lad is? Was a sickening sound when it happened
I'm kind of a big deal, people know me
Magnum Force
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:22 pm

Magnum Force wrote:
coman wrote:

Any word on how the lad is? Was a sickening sound when it happened

He's had surgery and been wired up, he's in as good as spirits as he can be now he's at home recovering.
He's a really nice lad with a huge heart, I was very saddened when a mate rang me Saturday night to tell me what happened.

He is very appreciative of the support you guys gave him, there's nothing better than seeing the football community put their rivalries aside when a brother needs it, regardless of what guernsey he is wearing, we're all out the for the love of the game and the comradeship.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Hefty » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:01 am

Congrats to Dan Hussey (aka @TEX07) on 200 games for the mighty burras this wkend!
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:42 am

Hefty wrote:Congrats to Dan Hussey (aka @TEX07) on 200 games for the mighty burras this wkend!

Congratulations Dan! :D
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:25 pm

Congrats to Darren Murphy on 250 games for Ingle Farm tomorrow...

10years after playing game 249 :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby valleys07 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Hefty wrote:Congrats to Dan Hussey (aka @TEX07) on 200 games for the mighty burras this wkend!

Isn't it against site rules to out fellow posters ;)

Congrats Tex!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby TEX07 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:12 pm

valleys07 wrote:

Congrats Tex!

Cheers - not concerned about being outed! If North Haven want to go easy on us tomorrow and guarantee us a finals berth next week that would be most helpful.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:22 pm

TEX07 wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

Congrats Tex!

Cheers - not concerned about being outed! If North Haven want to go easy on us tomorrow and guarantee us a finals berth next week that would be most helpful.

Doubt it haha sorry Tex, the D grade have a pretty stong side for tomorrow and are looking for a decent hitout against GG before the finals.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:53 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
TEX07 wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

Congrats Tex!

Doubt it haha sorry Tex, the D grade have a pretty stong side for tomorrow and are looking for a decent hitout against GG before the finals.

Well I guess they went easy on you and did you a favor after all!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby TEX07 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:34 am

I like to think that we played better on the day than they did - to be honest NH didnt look like they thought we were ever a chance and played like it, we probably played our best game all season at the right time. Pleasing for us was because NH C grade would get slaughtered by their D grade we could have put a heap of guys down for the week to assist with a win but decided against it and did it with our normal D grade side - just had all of them available for a change!
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:25 pm

TEX07 wrote: Pleasing for us was because NH C grade would get slaughtered by their D grade

They definitely would and our president is really not happy about it. Our whole C/D grade set up has become a farce, too many guys preferring to play D's with our C's struggling to fill a side. Expecting things to change next season and I think we'll drop our D grade.
The Dark Knight
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League