New Clubs for 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:27 pm

WHEELS&DEALS wrote:Morphettville park football club will be playing in the SAAFL in 2017. I hope all teams will enjoy coming down to the pasty

Great decision pies.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:27 pm

Morphettville Park in is a great fit for both parties. Hopefully it helps them too now they can really focus on getting their Sunday juniors up and about. Well done Roos!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:39 pm

Geez those Northerners won't like travelling to the pasty!

Hackham to Hills country seems about right, its only about a 15 min drive from Kangies.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby cracka » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Dutchy wrote:Geez those Northerners won't like travelling to the pasty!

Hackham to Hills country seems about right, its only about a 15 min drive from Kangies.

What about to Kersbrook, Gumeracha or Birdwood.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:10 pm

cracka wrote:

They play at Kangies don't they?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby cracka » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:47 am

Dutchy wrote:
cracka wrote:

They play at Kangies don't they?

Yes. In one sentence you say the northerners won't like travelling to the pasty but then you think its ok for the northern hills div 2 clubs to travel to Hackham. Hackham is only 15 minutes drive from the southern SAAFL clubs as well, probably even less than 15.
cracka
Veteran

Postby BigB » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:55 am

Clarity.. Unley Mercedes is an affiliation between the Mercedes Old Scholars FC Inc (formed 2011) and Unley FC Inc. (formed 1970) . It really formalised the existing close relationship, with a large number of Mercedes Grads already in the side.. most came through juniors too. The affiliation has certainly been a significant factor in recent "success" but probably the most signifcant factor in living memory is the establishment of juniors in 2002. Everything else has kinda flown on from there.
BigB

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:58 am

Got a text last night to put my house, car and cat on Hackham being in div 7 and Morphy Parks in div 5 next year.

At very least you would think there is stuff all chance of Hackham being in SFL next year.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:38 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Got a text last night to put my house, car and cat on Hackham being in div 7 and Morphy Parks in div 5 next year.

At very least you would think there is stuff all chance of Hackham being in SFL next year.

why not div 4 anymore?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:10 am

mighty hounds wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Got a text last night to put my house, car and cat on Hackham being in div 7 and Morphy Parks in div 5 next year.

why not div 4 anymore?

Because they only drew with a Div 3 team - his source is obviously well in the know

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dutchy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:23 pm

cracka wrote:Yes. In one sentence you say the northerners won't like travelling to the pasty but then you think its ok for the northern hills div 2 clubs to travel to Hackham. Hackham is only 15 minutes drive from the southern SAAFL clubs as well, probably even less than 15.

The southern distance was used as a reason Hackham didn't get entry, seems Northern clubs hate travelling south of the Torrens.

I agree Hackham should be in SAAFL, if not HFL Div2 wouldn't be the worst fit either.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby cracka » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:03 pm

Dutchy wrote:
cracka wrote:Yes. In one sentence you say the northerners won't like travelling to the pasty but then you think its ok for the northern hills div 2 clubs to travel to Hackham. Hackham is only 15 minutes drive from the southern SAAFL clubs as well, probably even less than 15.

The southern distance was used as a reason Hackham didn't get entry, seems Northern clubs hate travelling south of the Torrens.

I agree Hackham should be in SAAFL, if not HFL Div2 wouldn't be the worst fit either.

Ive said before on here we could almost merge the HFL & SFL & have a 3 div comp, travel would be the biggest issue, both comps like having juniors playing on the same day & at the same venue as their seniors.
cracka
Veteran

Postby tigerpie » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:01 pm

Brighton got belted by 100 points today.....div 3 might be too high? :lol:
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:21 am

tigerpie wrote:Brighton got belted by 100 points today.....div 3 might be too high? :lol:

Maybe it says the wineflies should be in Div 1
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby tigerpie » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:16 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Brighton got belted by 100 points today.....div 3 might be too high? :lol:

Maybe it says the wineflies should be in Div 1

Ooo that'll hit a nerve.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:10 am

Dutchy wrote:

No, the reason used was that Hackham had issues they needed to prove were sorted.
And...generally, it's not the northern clubs who complain about the travel, it's those who have to come from south of GJR. The fact it's called the Mullet-proof Fence tells you enough you need to know about that.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:37 am

Don't agree sorry mate it's 6 the one half a dozen the other. There isn't a home game v a Northern team I don't hear at least 2-3 complaints from people both on and off the ground.
To be honest the most complaints you hear from any team whether it's at the ground or talking to other clubs at a bar is the behaviour from certain clubs both on and off the ground rather than the travel. By the way that's not painting each club North or GJR with the same brush, you didn't hear us complaining about Elizabeth FC, Golden Grove in the 00's and today Salisbury just to name a few.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:31 am

Dutchy wrote:

Why are you SFL people so keen to get rid of Hackham??

Why do you want other leagues to take your "problem children"?

Shouldn't the other SFL clubs be doing more for them (Reynella can be excused as I know they have helped Hackham with overflow juniors in the past)?
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:38 am

am Bays wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Why are you SFL people so keen to get rid of Hackham??

Why do you want other leagues to take your "problem children"?

Shouldn't the other SFL clubs be doing more for them (Reynella can be excused as I know they have helped Hackham with overflow juniors in the past)?

The SFL is based around an integrated Senior and Junior program, Hackham struggle to meet that + there is a disparity of standard with the teams they do have
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:52 am

Looking at the ladders in the Sunday Mail yesterday got me thinking, with the new clubs coming in would it be fairer/preferable for two clubs to go up and three clubs to come down in at least some of the effected grades? Just noticing that a few clubs potentially sitting 7th/8th in the affected grades have only won 3/4 matches for the year. Might be best giving them a year in a lower grade to re-group and promote both grand finalists?

Or is the League's premier only two team's relegated option better?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League