R18 - North v Central @ Prospect

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R18 - North v Central @ Prospect

Postby tipper » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:48 am

Wedgie wrote:Prospect is a shadow of itself since the introduction of the AFL reserves. Thanks Bohdan.
Ahh well, I had a great week chanting and singing with great atmosphere with fellow Yids in Melbourne for the last 6 days.

but Bohdan doesnt care. North will make money without people at the games, so there is no problem according to the club. it is what footy is all about isnt it, making money?
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Magellan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:13 pm

robranisgod wrote:
Grenville wrote:As me and a mate got our season tickets scanned at about 1.30 this arvo at the eastern entrance an official commented "more Centrals supporters, if it wasn't for them there'd be noone here". Not a good sign for the Cocks at a home game they should've thought they were a fair chance of winning.

There certainly were plenty of North Supporters on the Grandstand side, a lot more North than Central.. It wasn't a great crowd but there certainly were enough from each team to give some atmosphere.

From my perspective in the grandstand and in front of it later on I thought there was a pretty even spread of support for both teams.

I'd also take the opinion of one gate attendant on the crowd make-up with a pinch of salt. Don't forget you can also enter via the club and the western entrance on Menzies Crescent.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Grenville » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:06 pm

Magellan wrote:
robranisgod wrote:
Grenville wrote:As me and a mate got our season tickets scanned at about 1.30 this arvo at the eastern entrance an official commented "more Centrals supporters, if it wasn't for them there'd be noone here". Not a good sign for the Cocks at a home game they should've thought they were a fair chance of winning.

There certainly were plenty of North Supporters on the Grandstand side, a lot more North than Central.. It wasn't a great crowd but there certainly were enough from each team to give some atmosphere.

From my perspective in the grandstand and in front of it later on I thought there was a pretty even spread of support for both teams.

I'd also take the opinion of one gate attendant on the crowd make-up with a pinch of salt. Don't forget you can also enter via the club and the western entrance on Menzies Crescent.

Wasn't having a crack mate, it just surprised me a bit when he mentioned it.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:38 pm

I don't know any North supporters that go through the Eastern gates.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Magellan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:07 pm

Grenville wrote:
Magellan wrote:
robranisgod wrote:

Wasn't having a crack mate, it just surprised me a bit when he mentioned it.

No worries Grenville. I guess the proximity to public transport and parking via Main North Road might explain the prevalence of Dogs supporters through those gates.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Grenville » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:56 pm

I'd also take the opinion of one gate attendant on the crowd make-up with a pinch of salt. Don't forget you can also enter via the club and the western entrance on Menzies Crescent.[/quote]

Wasn't having a crack mate, it just surprised me a bit when he mentioned it.[/quote]
No worries Grenville. I guess the proximity to public transport and parking via Main North Road might explain the prevalence of Dogs supporters through those gates.[/quote]

Quite a few of us have cars to drive to the ground Mr.Hockey. California Street is nice and close to park and is easy to get out of.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby Magellan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:11 pm

Grenville wrote:Quite a few of us have cars to drive to the ground Mr.Hockey.

Magellan wrote:I guess the proximity to public transport and parking via Main North Road might explain the prevalence of Dogs supporters through those gates.

You'll see my comment references the capacity of Centrals fans to drive to the ground, as well as to take the bus.

I suspect you've mistaken my comment for a rehash of the Centrals - Elizabeth - low social-economic - Centrelink - welfare - etc stereotype. I'm afraid you couldn't be further from the truth.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Grenville » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:26 pm

I was just taking the piss, I would've put a smiley face after my comment but that ain't my thing. All is good Magellan.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby Magellan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:07 pm

Cheers Grenville, my irony detector is in for a service. ;)
Magellan
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:34 pm

And thus the discussion about through which gate the Central supporters entered, and their chosen mode of transport, came to an end.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:58 pm

therisingblues wrote:And thus the discussion about through which gate the Central supporters entered, and their chosen mode of transport, came to an end.

That's about as exciting as it gets in a compromised competition unfortunately.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Magellan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:22 pm

Wedgie wrote:
therisingblues wrote:And thus the discussion about through which gate the Central supporters entered, and their chosen mode of transport, came to an end.

At least everyone stayed to the end for this game.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:26 pm

Magellan wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

At least everyone stayed to the end for this game.

I didn't. I started the match in Victoria and finished it in SA! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Grenville » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:00 pm

Stay tuned for Part 2 - which dunny did you use?
Grenville
Veteran

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:16 pm

Grenville wrote:

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Grenville » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:22 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Grenville wrote:

Is that a snapshot of the dunnies on the eastern wing at The Parade?
Grenville
Veteran

Postby Magellan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:14 am

Grenville wrote:

I managed to sneak a peek into Ken McGregor's old office:

Magellan
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:58 am

Magellan wrote:
Grenville wrote:

I managed to sneak a peek into Ken McGregor's old office:

That looks magical
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:59 am

We could have shelled out for a flat screen at least!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Magellan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:08 am

Hang on, I've oriented the photo the wrong way around.

If last year's coaching performance is any indication, you're meant to look down the hole in the seat and wipe your bum on the screen.
Magellan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL