Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Q. » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:56 pm

Burying a friend and her partner today and my heart breaking for the five kids they've left behind
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Gozu » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Q. wrote:Burying a friend and her partner today and my heart breaking for the five kids they've left behind

That's terrible, my condolences. Poor kids losing both of their parents.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Jase » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:51 pm

Q. wrote:Burying a friend and her partner today and my heart breaking for the five kids they've left behind

No words for this apart from... Look after yourself, family and those kids...

:(
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1479 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:03 pm

:(
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby valleys07 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:13 pm

**** me.

Condolences Q- shocking.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:35 am

My dads birthday today, should of been 62 years young.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby valleys07 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:21 pm

Thoughts are with you today, TDK.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby MW » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:21 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:My dads birthday today, should of been 62 years young.

Never gets easier. This month is the 26th anniversary of my Dads passing. All the best TDK.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2601 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:42 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:My dads birthday today, should of been 62 years young.

My thoughts are with you and your family today, mate.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:04 am

House fire overnight about 100m away.

Thankfully and only God knows how they escaped in time.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:02 pm

Reading the Royal Show guide only to discover that the Sunny Boy showbag no longer exists :(
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:11 pm

My last two weeks, all started with a house I was renting with a mate and brother in my name, I moved in with my mrs last year and they wanted to stay.. recently decided too hard and packed up and left - without notice - leaving me responsible for the rent as well as the rent at my mrs house.

On top of that they left unpaid utility bills, gardens that hadn't been maintained in what looks like since I left over a year ago and a house that frankly isn't fit for pigs.

So that started the slide - managing two lots of rent, arranging to move out of one, cleaning etc etc. while juggling regular expenses,

Then the Mrs had some issues with our pregnancy last week (due Feb) and we spent the best part of two days getting blood tests, ultrasounds etc and in hospital.

Sunday our car which we have had for 3 months started leaking oil and making a funny noise on the way to the cricket club - RAA were called and it was towed to the dealer - left with out a car miles from home.

Dealer tells me its an oil hose and they need to get the part from Melbourne.. wont be in until Wednesday afternoon at the latest.. and they have no loan cars left either - so got no car most of the week, Mrs has to catch a taxi to and from work as well as doing the school run.. As if that's not bad enough, the dealer tells me our 3yr warranty only covers mechanical issues and the statutory warranty expired last week - so up for a bit over $300 to repair the car.

Today went to the doctors and he told me my cholesterol was sky high (8.3) so that added another unpleasant moment.

Finally it appears that after 3x rounds of redundancies at work over the past 1-2 years.. they're about to embark on another, with up to 600 jobs expected to be cut.

FML :Hangman:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:15 pm

Mate, some words from s stranger might not carry much weight but I wish you and the Mrs all the best. Sounds like goods news is just around the corner after all that shit storm.

Is he still a "mate"? ( Other house )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7489 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:05 pm

Thanks - I know forums aren't really a place to air my problems, just felt like I had to vent somewhere/somehow :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:34 pm

Sorry to hear Zartan, a terrible series of events.

I've got a story of my own.

My mother with help from my sister and I have spent the last 5 days cleaning our old family home, which has become a rental property after we moved into our brand new house 4 years ago. (I'm now currently looking to buy myself, saved my pennies and am now on the hunt, went to an open inspection Saturday of one that immediately caught my eye and I'm tossing up whether to procede any further with it.)

The tenants (the third lot in the house now) have moved on because they couldn't afford it. The lady is an acquaintance of mums, she's known her since my brother and her older sons were in primary school together. This lady is a fat, dumb loser who has achieved absolutely nothing in her life, she hasn't worked 20 plus years and has been on benefits the entire time. Her nickname is Charity, she has lived in multiple houses (rentals) since we've known her. Her (second) husband is a complete drip and has to be to marry her. He's a bit useless but at least he has a job. They have four kids under seven years old and they're little brats that are out of control, the result of bad parenting.

Everyone told mum not to let her rent the house as it was going to be a recipe for disaster but she didn't listen and because she has a heart of gold gave in and let her have it. She wasn't aware of how bad it could be and it has backfired on my poor mum. She has been walked on and lied to by this pig. The Pig can't afford the rent anymore because pig is dumb and useless and no good with money. Not to forgot their ridiculously high water bill!

You'd think if you're unemployed you have time to clean the house, nope not her. And when your landlord asks you if you've cleaned the house do you tell the truth and tell them their house is a pig sty? No you lie and tell them you've cleaned and clean regularly. She hadn't cleaned the place since they moved in, it was disgusting and while they attempted to clean it was a pitiful effort. The cleanest parts of the house were the dishwasher and stove because they were hardly used since the family just eats takaways. We are a very neat and tidy and clean family so maybe our standards are high but the house was left in an absolutely disgusting state. There were multiple things broken or damaged but not reported and instead hidden from mum. Rubbish everywhere, dog poo all over the backyard, weeds everywhere in the garden and on the lawn. This is the third time this sort of thing has happened now but that's another story. The people that have rented the house promise the world but just dish up bullshit.

Thursday arvo I got home from work and mum was very stressed about the state of the house to the point where she just broke down completely. It just puts a huge strain on her and with dad not being here anymore that makes it even harder. He would of had kittens seeing his house like that, him and mum worked hard to own that house and for it to be disrespected and treated like that is so disheartening.

Unfortunately my mum is too nice and was not ruthless enough with Charity and her family. She never did any house inspections and just listened to the lies Charity told her. She had the power over mum and she took advantage of it.

It's just so sad because you have my mum, a hard working woman who came to Australia (from NZ) with $100 and a suitcase of clothes after she met dad in London, working her whole life here setting up and raising our family and now becoming an owner of two homes and being in a strong financial position almost at the mercy of someone who has made poor life choices and because of that has nothing and has achieved nothing in their life.

Mum has said she's learnt her lesson from this and my sister and I are making sure she has and doesn't go soft on the new tenants. Not that we have to worry about that too much because they seem like honest, hard working people that won't treat the house they're going to live in like a dump.

In the end mum's still the winner while the loser probably goes on to disrespect somebody elses property.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:00 am

Zartan wrote:My last two weeks, all started with a house I was renting with a mate and brother in my name, I moved in with my mrs last year and they wanted to stay.. recently decided too hard and packed up and left - without notice - leaving me responsible for the rent as well as the rent at my mrs house.

On top of that they left unpaid utility bills, gardens that hadn't been maintained in what looks like since I left over a year ago and a house that frankly isn't fit for pigs.

So that started the slide - managing two lots of rent, arranging to move out of one, cleaning etc etc. while juggling regular expenses,

Then the Mrs had some issues with our pregnancy last week (due Feb) and we spent the best part of two days getting blood tests, ultrasounds etc and in hospital.

Sunday our car which we have had for 3 months started leaking oil and making a funny noise on the way to the cricket club - RAA were called and it was towed to the dealer - left with out a car miles from home.

Dealer tells me its an oil hose and they need to get the part from Melbourne.. wont be in until Wednesday afternoon at the latest.. and they have no loan cars left either - so got no car most of the week, Mrs has to catch a taxi to and from work as well as doing the school run.. As if that's not bad enough, the dealer tells me our 3yr warranty only covers mechanical issues and the statutory warranty expired last week - so up for a bit over $300 to repair the car.

Today went to the doctors and he told me my cholesterol was sky high (8.3) so that added another unpleasant moment.

Finally it appears that after 3x rounds of redundancies at work over the past 1-2 years.. they're about to embark on another, with up to 600 jobs expected to be cut.

FML :Hangman:

It makes me feel somewhat guilty, I do know how you feel though, I spent long enough with the thought of "when one door opens, another slams in your face".
Probably the most rewarding thing about being in a relationship is that you can bounce off each other when the chips are down, it's not about how many times you are down, it's about how you brush yourself off and comeback a stronger more learned person.

Good luck mate, life is full of sliding doors.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Probably the most rewarding thing about being in a relationship is that you can bounce off each other ...

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:58 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Sorry to hear Zartan, a terrible series of events.

I've got a story of my own.

My mother with help from my sister and I have spent the last 5 days cleaning our old family home, which has become a rental property after we moved into our brand new house 4 years ago. (I'm now currently looking to buy myself, saved my pennies and am now on the hunt, went to an open inspection Saturday of one that immediately caught my eye and I'm tossing up whether to procede any further with it.)

The tenants (the third lot in the house now) have moved on because they couldn't afford it. The lady is an acquaintance of mums, she's known her since my brother and her older sons were in primary school together. This lady is a fat, dumb loser who has achieved absolutely nothing in her life, she hasn't worked 20 plus years and has been on benefits the entire time. Her nickname is Charity, she has lived in multiple houses (rentals) since we've known her. Her (second) husband is a complete drip and has to be to marry her. He's a bit useless but at least he has a job. They have four kids under seven years old and they're little brats that are out of control, the result of bad parenting.

Everyone told mum not to let her rent the house as it was going to be a recipe for disaster but she didn't listen and because she has a heart of gold gave in and let her have it. She wasn't aware of how bad it could be and it has backfired on my poor mum. She has been walked on and lied to by this pig. The Pig can't afford the rent anymore because pig is dumb and useless and no good with money. Not to forgot their ridiculously high water bill!

You'd think if you're unemployed you have time to clean the house, nope not her. And when your landlord asks you if you've cleaned the house do you tell the truth and tell them their house is a pig sty? No you lie and tell them you've cleaned and clean regularly. She hadn't cleaned the place since they moved in, it was disgusting and while they attempted to clean it was a pitiful effort. The cleanest parts of the house were the dishwasher and stove because they were hardly used since the family just eats takaways. We are a very neat and tidy and clean family so maybe our standards are high but the house was left in an absolutely disgusting state. There were multiple things broken or damaged but not reported and instead hidden from mum. Rubbish everywhere, dog poo all over the backyard, weeds everywhere in the garden and on the lawn. This is the third time this sort of thing has happened now but that's another story. The people that have rented the house promise the world but just dish up bullshit.

Thursday arvo I got home from work and mum was very stressed about the state of the house to the point where she just broke down completely. It just puts a huge strain on her and with dad not being here anymore that makes it even harder. He would of had kittens seeing his house like that, him and mum worked hard to own that house and for it to be disrespected and treated like that is so disheartening.

Unfortunately my mum is too nice and was not ruthless enough with Charity and her family. She never did any house inspections and just listened to the lies Charity told her. She had the power over mum and she took advantage of it.

It's just so sad because you have my mum, a hard working woman who came to Australia (from NZ) with $100 and a suitcase of clothes after she met dad in London, working her whole life here setting up and raising our family and now becoming an owner of two homes and being in a strong financial position almost at the mercy of someone who has made poor life choices and because of that has nothing and has achieved nothing in their life.

Mum has said she's learnt her lesson from this and my sister and I are making sure she has and doesn't go soft on the new tenants. Not that we have to worry about that too much because they seem like honest, hard working people that won't treat the house they're going to live in like a dump.

In the end mum's still the winner while the loser probably goes on to disrespect somebody elses property.

Pretty poor form, feel sorry for your mum who's done the right thing in trusting someone and had that trust disrespected.

However, I guess if there's a lesson here it's about business and friends, particularly when there's warning signs - keep them separate. Even without problems, it can be recipe for disaster down the track if things turn to shit.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:01 am

Pseudo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Probably the most rewarding thing about being in a relationship is that you can bounce off each other ...

Bit from column A & a bit from column B.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Magellan wrote:Pretty poor form, feel sorry for your mum who's done the right thing in trusting someone and had that trust disrespected.

However, I guess if there's a lesson here it's about business and friends, particularly when there's warning signs - keep them separate. Even without problems, it can be recipe for disaster down the track if things turn to shit.

The signs of it becoming a bad move were there early in the lease and I knew she couldn't be trusted but how bad it turned out to be was never expected.

And yes you're right Mag, I had someone I know say some similar, you have to keep your business and friends separate because more often than not it goes pear shaped. This is a prime example.

I've had mates ask me if they can live with me when I buy, there is no way that's happening. I love those mates but no way could I have them live with me.
The Dark Knight
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion