Kids Eating Habits

Anything!

Re: Kids Eating Habits

Postby JK » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:25 am

carey wrote:
JK wrote:Some great feedback, thanks lads.

Unfortunately the length my lad goes to, to be difficult with food, is at a level I've never seen before, so have no familiarity with.

When all else fails and we're concerned he's not eating enough then we can get by with a vegemite sandwich, bowl of cereal, or plain rice/pasta. I'm a bit at my wits end, it's almost like we need to see a food psychologist or something lol.

Even on the odd occasion we spring for family pizza's he gets all excited, then maybe eats 5 pieces of Ham off it then he's done. We can't hide the Veggies in a Bolognese or the like because he just refuses to eat that kind of meal anyway.

The point about the Grandparents was a good one .. She's a great GM and being a Wog she's a brilliant cook, but whilst his brother eats all the hearty stuff, the little f***er's meals there consist of Ice Creams, Popcorn, Chips etc.

Sounds like it has to be good old fashion tough love mate. Eat this or go without....

Yep, I think we probably have to start by just not keeping any of the alternatives in the house .. My missus was saying that a while back, but now that Im Mr Momming it a bit, I probably have a better understanding of it. Ive had plenty of exposure to nieces, nephews, family friends and godchildren, but he's easily the most stubborn little bigger Ive seen. Naturally I blame his mother for that :D
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby carey » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:26 am

As you should, Should never be our fault... :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:29 am

JK wrote:
carey wrote:
JK wrote:Some great feedback, thanks lads.

Unfortunately the length my lad goes to, to be difficult with food, is at a level I've never seen before, so have no familiarity with.

When all else fails and we're concerned he's not eating enough then we can get by with a vegemite sandwich, bowl of cereal, or plain rice/pasta. I'm a bit at my wits end, it's almost like we need to see a food psychologist or something lol.

Even on the odd occasion we spring for family pizza's he gets all excited, then maybe eats 5 pieces of Ham off it then he's done. We can't hide the Veggies in a Bolognese or the like because he just refuses to eat that kind of meal anyway.

The point about the Grandparents was a good one .. She's a great GM and being a Wog she's a brilliant cook, but whilst his brother eats all the hearty stuff, the little f***er's meals there consist of Ice Creams, Popcorn, Chips etc.

Sounds like it has to be good old fashion tough love mate. Eat this or go without....

Yep, I think we probably have to start by just not keeping any of the alternatives in the house .. My missus was saying that a while back, but now that Im Mr Momming it a bit, I probably have a better understanding of it. Ive had plenty of exposure to nieces, nephews, family friends and godchildren, but he's easily the most stubborn little bigger Ive seen. Naturally I blame his mother for that :D

On here, feel free, at home you'd be a stupid bastard. :lol:

My upbringing, like many on here who had parents born in the 40's/50's, eat it or go without. Didn't hurt any of us.....while I'm not dishing out parenting advice ( not sure you'd take it any way - see what I did there ) I'd be going tough love. One of two things, he'll crumble and munch or you'll discover one young lad has some big onions to take through life with him. Either way, you'll be proud.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby JK » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:39 am

Booney wrote:My upbringing, like many on here who had parents born in the 40's/50's, eat it or go without. Didn't hurt any of us.....while I'm not dishing out parenting advice ( not sure you'd take it any way - see what I did there ) I'd be going tough love. One of two things, he'll crumble and munch or you'll discover one young lad has some big onions to take through life with him. Either way, you'll be proud.

He's got a big enough set of stones on him, just isn't gonna have any size to back it up the way he's going.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:00 pm

My kids pretty much changed their food habits overnight at different stages, I always tried serving different types of vegetables only on my plate which led their curiosity to try them out because they felt left out, it seemed to work.

On the same token, I don't serve food up that I know that they don't like, I wouldn't do it for myself so why do it to them. The only thing I have to be wary of now is that my daughter wont eat any fat from any type of meat.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:30 pm

I must admit that when I first saw the title of this thread I wondered why on earth is JK interested in children munging out on religious clothing?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby tipper » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:40 pm

carey wrote:As you should, Should never be our fault... :lol:

she took seriously what he poked at her in fun ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Pseudo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Magellan wrote:I must admit that when I first saw the title of this thread I wondered why on earth is JK interested in children munging out on religious clothing?

I mitre known that this would descend into more puns...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby MW » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:45 pm

Lets pray that doesn't happen
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:48 pm

There are two chances of it not happening: Buckley's and nun.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:53 pm

JK wrote: When all else fails and we're concerned he's not eating enough then we can get by with a vegemite sandwich, bowl of cereal, or plain rice/pasta. I'm a bit at my wits end, it's almost like we need to see a food psychologist or something lol.

Even on the odd occasion we spring for family pizza's he gets all excited, then maybe eats 5 pieces of Ham off it then he's done.

We also do the pasta with butter option for our youngest.
She's the same with pizza as your lad, as well.

Interestingly, she doesn't like fruit juice, soft drink or milk either. Given her size, we need her to like milk, but not liking the other stuff is fine by us.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:55 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote: On the same token, I don't serve food up that I know that they don't like, I wouldn't do it for myself so why do it to them.

Very true.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby MW » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:01 pm

The puns have stopped thank God
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:35 pm

MW wrote:Lets pray that doesn't happen

Parish the thought!
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Alaska » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:43 pm

I have had the same issue with the youngest and you could only feed him food he liked and that was a very small selection. He had a particular issue with different foods that were mixed up so taking him out was a problem. Stew was the worst thing we could make yet if we gave him the same ingredients individually set out on a plate he would eat it. Using the self-service idea worked as he seemed to take enough to survive but you needed to ask for a least one green and one orange veg. Fruit was and still is not consumed.
It became interesting as he grew older as he found that he needed to put weight and strength on to play CHB or Ruck but that turned to whey. He then went back to the wing when he had to pay for it. He has improved heaps now he is out on his own the GF has at least got him trying stuff he would not try before and admitting it is tasty,.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:26 pm

Spargo wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:My daughter is a pain in the arse when it comes to fussy eating and she's 18 and still at home. We cook what we want now and if she doesn't like it, she can stick it up her arse and get her own dinner.

Lol

I cooked Beef Chow Mein last night and she went off her nut at me. Called me every name under the sun and she ended up making a couple cheese and bacon croissants and put em under the griller and she burnt the living piss out of em and had to throw em out lol. Geez I laughed.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby heater31 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:37 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:My daughter is a pain in the arse when it comes to fussy eating and she's 18 and still at home. We cook what we want now and if she doesn't like it, she can stick it up her arse and get her own dinner.

Lol

I cooked Beef Chow Mein last night and she went off her nut at me. Called me every name under the sun and she ended up making a couple cheese and bacon croissants and put em under the griller and she burnt the living piss out of em and had to throw em out lol. Geez I laughed.

Clearly didn't pay attention in Home Economics at school. Who the **** burns the arse off croissants :shock:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:41 pm

I just stick my croissants in the sandwich press and voila done in moments 8)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:57 pm

Zartan wrote:I just stick my croissants in the sandwich press and voila done in moments 8)

Yeah that's what she did. The george foreman grill and burnt the crap out of em. Sorry didn't say it properly
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby therisingblues » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Magellan wrote:
MW wrote:Lets pray that doesn't happen

Parish the thought!

I agree. People often Vicar about them.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion