New Clubs for 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:23 pm

As opposed to allowing the SFL clubs into div 7 and having years of uneven competitions until they reach their respective rightful divisions?

Cant please every one Zed. But what would you know, you only coach an A grade side not run the football club hey Old Farmer? So steady on a bit Old Farmer, your mob are likely to host an elimination final next week, possibly against Trinity, so step down off that high horse mate
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:33 pm

zedman wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Dols wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:Win the GF and you will get promoted!!!

Div 4 GF teams since 2013 reads like this.
2013 - Plympton 1st promoted to Div 3, Brahma Lodge 2nd and elected to be dropped to A5 and went winless.
2014 - GG 1st promoted to Div 3, Salisbury West 2nd and elected to be dropped to A7 and won 5 games
2015 - Kilburn 1st promoted to Div 3, Salisbury 2nd and elected to stay in Div 4 and still a chance to challenge for a flag.

The runners up have made their own call for the past 3 years so the only difference this year is that the SAAFL has made the call for them.
the SAAFL should not get that call. There should not be different rules for different divisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the SAAFL clubs made the call. 90% of the clubs voted yes

thats because 90% of the clubs arent affected by it this year..do the maths..

And of the 10% that did vote against, if it came down to another vote on whether it was 2 up 3 down or 1 up and 2 down that vote would’ve been split 50/50 anyway and still no result

Lets be honest, as bad as it is that clubs who it doesn’t affect get to vote, its also hypocritical to only go with those who does affect because they only vote out of self interest anyway
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Burras » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:34 pm

zedman wrote:im sure all the teams in div 6 will be rapt if WCFC lose the GF and they get to have their asses handed to them for another 18 rounds in 2017..this affects many clubs not just the losing finalists and its the same in div 5 and div 4..but hey..its all about the SFL clubs.. :roll:

They would probably feel the same as all the Div 7 clubs that are getting their asses handed to them by Salisbury West, the club who nominated not to go up a grade..........
Burras

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby zedman » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:34 pm

human_torpedo wrote:As opposed to allowing the SFL clubs into div 7 and having years of uneven competitions until they reach their respective rightful divisions?

Cant please every one Zed. But what would you know, you only coach an A grade side not run the football club hey Old Farmer? So steady on a bit Old Farmer, your mob are likely to host an elimination final next week, possibly against Trinity, so step down off that high horse mate

correct HT..i know nothing! :)

except this..there is an opening in div 4..one club comes in and fills it..the other has to wait until the situation arises again which could happen very quickly..fixed.. :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1078 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:36 pm

zedman wrote:im sure all the teams in div 6 will be rapt if WCFC lose the GF and they get to have their asses handed to them for another 18 rounds in 2017..this affects many clubs not just the losing finalists and its the same in div 5 and div 4..but hey..its all about the SFL clubs.. :roll:

If I was a mid table D6 club, I would be praying to whoever that the POS/GFC merger happens and both grand finalists go up - because honestly, if it doesn't, D6 next year is looking incredibly tough with SW on the march back up, and having Elizabeth and Pulteney coming down.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:36 pm

old farmer wrote:i know what i mean because i run a football club, not coach B Grade

Hey settle down pal, nothing wrong with B grade coaches you know :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby zedman » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:37 pm

Burras wrote:

They would probably feel the same as all the Div 7 clubs that are getting their asses handed to them by Salisbury West, the club who nominated not to go up a grade..........

correct, its wrong..so who is to blame for that? the saafl, the club or the guy on the grassy knoll..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1078 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:39 pm

zedman wrote:
correct, its wrong..so who is to blame for that? the saafl, the club or the guy on the grassy knoll..

The secret service agent in the car behind you 8)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby jo172 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:09 pm

Being promoted without winning a Grand Final is heavily overrated in my view in any event.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:12 pm

jo172 wrote:Being promoted without winning a Grand Final is heavily overrated in my view in any event.

Finishing 3rd and being promoted ALA Kilburn when Towns left for SFL is more over rated IMO :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:14 pm

Zartan wrote:
jo172 wrote:Being promoted without winning a Grand Final is heavily overrated in my view in any event.

Finishing 3rd and being promoted ALA Kilburn when Towns left for SFL is more over rated IMO :P

I agree. Having said that, at least the Chics have always had the balls to play in their assigned division (one time against many club's protests) which is more than can be said for many.

In any event the hand wringing about what grade you're in is all a bit academic. How much different does it really make each Saturday at the footy (so long as the Grades are as competitive/even as possible?)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:31 pm

Zartan wrote:

Dont forget Glenunga did it once too... and I think they finished even further down the ladder.

Footy Chick

Postby WOS Dragons » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:44 pm

Our clubs position, as raised on Monday night, is that the grand finalists should go up and the bottom 3 go down. This was based on the idea that you reward a successful season over a poor season. The saafl promotion / relegation system is great with the grand final representing club success a the gf being more for the players. Now it's all on the line in one game. I welcome expansion but believe the decision rewards the wrong clubs.
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:46 pm

Should you reward the minor premier and the premier, and it they're the same then the other Grand Finalist? Surely that's a greater indicator of whose had sustained success over the season and deserves to go up?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:57 pm

WOS Dragons wrote:Our clubs position, as raised on Monday night, is that the grand finalists should go up and the bottom 3 go down. This was based on the idea that you reward a successful season over a poor season. The saafl promotion / relegation system is great with the grand final representing club success a the gf being more for the players. Now it's all on the line in one game. I welcome expansion but believe the decision rewards the wrong clubs.
Absurd.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Trader » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:10 pm

morell wrote:
WOS Dragons wrote:Our clubs position, as raised on Monday night, is that the grand finalists should go up and the bottom 3 go down. This was based on the idea that you reward a successful season over a poor season. The saafl promotion / relegation system is great with the grand final representing club success a the gf being more for the players. Now it's all on the line in one game. I welcome expansion but believe the decision rewards the wrong clubs.
Absurd.

What? You don't think it's reasonable for each grade to turn over half the teams in it?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby morell » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:37 pm

**** it, lets do 3 up and 4 down so then the 8th placed team don't feel as bad.

EDIT: Actually lets just swap the whole damn div.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby WOS Dragons » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:40 pm

So if eastern park happen to lose the gf which could be there 3rd loss for the year they don't deserve a spot in div 3 over a team that has won 3 games for the year?
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Wazz17 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:55 pm

After listening to the different parties on Monday night it was no clearer to me what will happen with the inclusions of the two new sides next year. There is talk of mergers, the Para Hills scenario, who will finish where etc.
One thing I definitely agree on is that the clubs involved in these grades should be the ones who decide not Div 1,2 etc. Yes I know constitutionally all member clubs have to vote but commonsense should prevail here.
Wazz17

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby heater31 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:01 pm

I don't understand everyone was outraged that have clubs elected to not accept promotion in the past few years....now more are outraged now that the clubs have allowed the league to amend the promotion rule for 1 season to allow clubs from a neighbouring league join :?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League