BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: BL&G Football League

Postby Stackson » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:24 pm

It's definitely true that Ash Barnett is the real coach at Barossa watched the game at Angaston today with my old mate Hodgey went into listen at the quarter time huddle only bloke to speak .. Barnett 3/4 time speech Barnett only bloke to speak again!! even asked an Angaston supporter who was listening in to move away, now if the salary cap isn't being rorted at Barossa District I'll run around Eudunda naked❄️❄️ Barnett is about to stuff another club after his efforts at Hamley!
Stackson
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Eudunda

Postby Swamp Donkey » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:14 pm

Stackson wrote:It's definitely true that Ash Barnett is the real coach at Barossa watched the game at Angaston today with my old mate Hodgey went into listen at the quarter time huddle only bloke to speak .. Barnett 3/4 time speech Barnett only bloke to speak again!! even asked an Angaston supporter who was listening in to move away, now if the salary cap isn't being rorted at Barossa District I'll run around Eudunda naked❄️❄️ Barnett is about to stuff another club after his efforts at Hamley!

Barnett shouldn't be copping the blame for Hamley downfall. He had nothing to do with the club in 2014 when they sold the farm to win a flag or the mass exodus that occurred in the weeks after.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Officejet » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:47 am

Didn’t Barnett get kicked out of the one of the BLG side in his playing days, reckon it was Barossa,

Thinking that the BLG plays under the same cap as the YPFL, if Barnett is indeed the coach that needs to be investigated, cause it was made very clear at the start of the season about coaching payments and so forth,

And I reckon you will find his coaching days at Callington ended under cloudy circumstances, this was about the mighty dollar also,
We are the Red and Blacks
Officejet
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby scottroo » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:03 pm

Any idea where the prelim final will be held? Our lads are heading up for footy trip and keen to watch the prelim
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:14 pm

scottroo wrote:Any idea where the prelim final will be held? Our lads are heading up for footy trip and keen to watch the prelim

Sept 10th at Freeling
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:31 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Stackson wrote:It's definitely true that Ash Barnett is the real coach at Barossa watched the game at Angaston today with my old mate Hodgey went into listen at the quarter time huddle only bloke to speak .. Barnett 3/4 time speech Barnett only bloke to speak again!! even asked an Angaston supporter who was listening in to move away, now if the salary cap isn't being rorted at Barossa District I'll run around Eudunda naked❄️❄️ Barnett is about to stuff another club after his efforts at Hamley!

Barnett shouldn't be copping the blame for Hamley downfall. He had nothing to do with the club in 2014 when they sold the farm to win a flag or the mass exodus that occurred in the weeks after.

But they still spent plenty in the 2 years he was there Donkey. They just went stupid the year after. Everywhere he goes, the club is in survival mode shortly after.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:27 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

But they still spent plenty in the 2 years he was there Donkey. They just went stupid the year after. Everywhere he goes, the club is in survival mode shortly after.

No doubting he invested in some high profile players in his reign at Hamley - but you would expect he would do so given he took over the coaching role after several years of the club being well and truly at the bottom of the ladder under Burgess and then Nelson. Fair to say that he failed to bring the right type of people into the club during his reign, but in terms of Hamley's downfall in 2015, I think there are others with more blood on their hands than Barnett.

In relation to the Barossa situation, I would argue that it is the club (who pays players and coaches), rather than the employee that is responsible for ensuring that match day payments fall under the salary cap.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Officejet » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:34 pm

Agree, if Barossa are cheating the cap, more than just Barnett have played a role,

Don't the Community Football Board go around to all clubs and ask to see the books ? understand this can be fudged, but has Barossa been cleared, if yes, then I guess that's all folks, play on.
We are the Red and Blacks
Officejet
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Shoot it » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:00 pm

Any predictions for Top 4 - Grand Finalists - Medal winners
Shoot it

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Stackson » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:48 pm

Shoot it wrote:Any predictions for Top 4 - Grand Finalists - Medal winners

Top 4 is all set Gawler Centrals Barossa Kapunda Tanunda
Predict a Gawler Central Kapunda GF with Kapunda winning to spoil the salary cap breaking sorry unbeaten Tigers by 4 goals
Justin Zanandrea to win the medal in the league and the Grand Final
Stackson
Mini-League

Postby Stackson » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:03 pm

If Barossa don't lose there points for salary cap rorting in the meantime! According to a few people I've talked to crowd numbers are a problem at Barossa a few disenchanted locals maybe?
Stackson
Mini-League

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:28 pm

Top 4 is set, Centrals to have a undefeated season and belt whoever is unlucky enough to get them in the Grand Final
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:43 am

Freeling and South Adelaide youngster Dylan Whimpress has been invited to the AFL State Draft Combine. Hopefully he goes great and we have another Barossa Valley boy playing in the AFL.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Oval Ball » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:13 pm

What's going on at the dog track, have heard the coach has been told he wont be required next year and a few of his helpers are leaving also.
Oval Ball
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby carey » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:24 pm

Oval Ball wrote:What's going on at the dog track, have heard the coach has been told he wont be required next year and a few of his helpers are leaving also.

That might make sense to what I heard last week about a recently retired SANFL full forward for next year.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Failed Creation » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:26 pm

carey wrote:
Oval Ball wrote:What's going on at the dog track, have heard the coach has been told he wont be required next year and a few of his helpers are leaving also.

That might make sense to what I heard last week about a recently retired SANFL full forward for next year.

Despite the fact that they'll more than likely get a flag this year? Strange...
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby carey » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
carey wrote:

Despite the fact that they'll more than likely get a flag this year? Strange...

Always more to the story FC. We never know what goes on behind the scenes.
carey
Coach

Postby Oval Ball » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:44 pm

Why would they recruit a full forward when they have a bloke who consistently Kicks 80+ goals a season.
Oval Ball
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby carey » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:59 pm

Oval Ball wrote:Why would they recruit a full forward when they have a bloke who consistently Kicks 80+ goals a season.

Mercer is a chippy and his knees are just about f**ked. Life after footy
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:01 pm

carey wrote:
Oval Ball wrote:Why would they recruit a full forward when they have a bloke who consistently Kicks 80+ goals a season.

Mercer is a chippy and his knees are just about f**ked. Life after footy

At a guess that is ;)
carey
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy