Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby carey » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:04 pm

Booney wrote:Whatya got daisy?

I'm calling no changes this week, I reckon carey will be thrilled that the Toump keeps his spot.

Only roughie would be Frampton to come in and help Jacko.

That Spud Jimmy 'Turn over king, I cant kick a drop punt and I sleep with the light on' Toumpas Out and Bonner in.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby valleys07 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:40 pm

Bonner absolutely must be brought in before the season is out. Can't argue with his recent SANFL form, however;

I believe the pies have been playing him off half back?

Does he have AFL standard endurance to play on the wing, or is he biding his time/continuing his development behind the likes of Pittard/DBJ/Broadbent, and will it take for one of these names to be injured/rested before we see him?

Surely he gets a game against a Gold Coast or Melbourne..
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:44 pm

valleys07 wrote:Bonner absolutely must be brought in before the season is out. Can't argue with his recent SANFL form, however;

Does he have AFL standard endurance to play on the wing, or is he biding his time/continuing his development behind the likes of Pittard/DBJ/Broadbent, and will it take for one of these names to be injured/rested before we see him?

Yes mate, across half back at set up / ball ups and outside run through the middle when we've got hands on the ball. His foot skills are top shelf, I think he's a few kg's off being ready and he might need another preseason under his belt.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Booney wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Bonner absolutely must be brought in before the season is out. Can't argue with his recent SANFL form, however;

Yes mate, across half back at set up / ball ups and outside run through the middle when we've got hands on the ball. His foot skills are top shelf, I think he's a few kg's off being ready and he might need another preseason under his belt.

Cheers Boon.

The hype is building on the BF Port Board. I hope he has a ripping pre-season and puts himself into contention for a R1 spot next season.

We are desperate for players of his skill level in the side.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:55 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Cheers Boon.

The hype is building on the BF Port Board. I hope he has a ripping pre-season and puts himself into contention for a R1 spot next season.

We are desperate for players of his skill level in the side.

I know I've been banging on about getting Bonner in for some time now but he simply must have a taste so it uses that as motivation for a huge pre-season and demand a regular spot in the side. I seriously rate this kid for his decision making and foot skills (The 2 very things that make Hawthorn the champions they are).

We've played a few before him that I just don't understand. Yes the form of Pittard and Byrne-Jones don't help his corse. But Hartlett has been dog shit for most of the year and Broady is a lock so his a fair way back in the que
carey
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:08 pm

Wholeheartedly agree- especially re. your comment on Hawthorn and their skill level. The one major gripe I have with Port and their drafting is the fact we do not traditionally go after players with great skills.

Not to mention our playing style looks as though we don't even try to maintain possession of the footy.

I would love for him to get a taste this season. Couple that with a massive pre-season and he is eyeing off a spot in our R1 side next season.

valleys07
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:21 pm

valleys07 wrote:Wholeheartedly agree- especially re. your comment on Hawthorn and their skill level. The one major gripe I have with Port and their drafting is the fact we do not traditionally go after players with great skills.

Not to mention our playing style looks as though we don't even try to maintain possession of the footy.

I would love for him to get a taste this season. Couple that with a massive pre-season and he is eyeing off a spot in our R1 side next season.

It doesn't take many players either.

The crows have been a pretty bad kicking side over the past few years, but the additions of Atkins and Seedsman have made us look like a different side.

So surely they give bonner a crack soon
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:34 pm

Bonner is behind Pittard, DBJ, Broadbent and Hartlett in the back half and then Impey and Polec in the outside mids. Unless he plays on ball ( not yet ready for that ) or forward, where he's behind Wingard, R.Gray and Young, then there just isn't a spot for him.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:40 pm

Booney wrote:Bonner is behind Pittard, DBJ, Broadbent and Hartlett in the back half and then Impey and Polec in the outside mids. Unless he plays on ball ( not yet ready for that ) or forward, where he's behind Wingard, R.Gray and Young, then there just isn't a spot for him.

So with all these guys going so well we must be pushing for a top 4 spot this week then?

He MUST be given a shot this year. This year is over for us, We know what others offer so getting a game in to this kids should be priority IMO
carey
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:41 pm

Will Port perhaps consider resting DBJ for Bonner before seasons end? DBJ has been outstanding this year, but it's only his first season, perhaps fatigue might be an issue and best to stick him on ice with a couple rounds to go and get him ready for next season?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:45 pm

Zartan wrote:Will Port perhaps consider resting DBJ for Bonner before seasons end? DBJ has been outstanding this year, but it's only his first season, perhaps fatigue might be an issue and best to stick him on ice with a couple rounds to go and get him ready for next season?

Nope, DBJ is a ripper who needs no rest.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:57 pm

carey wrote:
Booney wrote:Bonner is behind Pittard, DBJ, Broadbent and Hartlett in the back half and then Impey and Polec in the outside mids. Unless he plays on ball ( not yet ready for that ) or forward, where he's behind Wingard, R.Gray and Young, then there just isn't a spot for him.

So with all these guys going so well we must be pushing for a top 4 spot this week then?

He MUST be given a shot this year. This year is over for us, We know what others offer so getting a game in to this kids should be priority IMO

Didn't say we're heading for top 4, but he's behind all of them. He played just 1 league game a Westies last year, he missed the last week of preseason and the first game of the SANFL year with a hamstring, missed round 8 in the SANFL too. So he's had one AFL preseason ( not a full one ) and 13 SANFL games for the year. I agree, he's very promising but playing him for playing him sake I'm not convinced by.

I've seen him a few times, he just doesn't look quite ready for mine.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:00 pm

Booney wrote:
carey wrote:

Didn't say we're heading for top 4, but he's behind all of them. He played just 1 league game a Westies last year, he missed the last week of preseason and the first game of the SANFL year with a hamstring, missed round 8 in the SANFL too. So he's had one AFL preseason ( not a full one ) and 13 SANFL games for the year. I agree, he's very promising but playing him for playing him sake I'm not convinced by.

I've seen him a few times, he just doesn't look quite ready for mine.

Fair call, you've probably seen more of him than I this year.

I've seen 2 Games on TV and only 4 games live. was very good on Sunday.
carey
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:06 pm

I'd rather get another bunch of Burgo running in his legs and then set him to be part of the NAB next year.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:07 pm

Man V Machine -

Media man Daniel Norton takes on Matt Lobbe in some competitive, humorous and for Norts dangerous challenges.

Part 1 :

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/video/ ... unning-ptv

Part 2 :

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/video/ ... ckling-ptv
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:04 pm

Daisy where are you?

Dont tell me they have closed ranks on you?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby valleys07 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:18 pm

Neade replaces Butcher at FF.

valleys07
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:28 pm

You've let us down daisy.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Ruben Carter » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:08 pm

carey wrote:
Booney wrote:Whatya got daisy?

I'm calling no changes this week, I reckon carey will be thrilled that the Toump keeps his spot.

Only roughie would be Frampton to come in and help Jacko.

That Spud Jimmy 'Turn over king, I cant kick a drop punt and I sleep with the light on' Toumpas Out and Bonner in.
:D
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Jim05 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:04 pm

Toumpas out for Dixon.
That should keep the masses happy[emoji1]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times