Indubitably, round 20.

Talk on the national game

Re: Indubitably, round 20.

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:42 pm

carey wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Cats wont be worrying us in October on that performance. Dare say Smith wont be talking about percentage pre game again either

I actually think there your biggest threat. For mine it's a Hawks v Swans GF and I reckon Hawks would rather play Sydney than Geelong as the Cats match up very well against the Hawks

I reckon the Giants are our biggest threat but with a bit of luck we wont have to play them
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby am Bays » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:47 pm

MW wrote:
am Bays wrote:FMD AFL supporters have no idea, especially those who wear red blue and gold

One AFL game a year is all I can bare!

Do us a favour and don't go. Don't need the likes of you grumpy old SANFL die-hards bringing the mood down

No it's people with an understanding of the laws of Australian football (in particular Prior opportunity and what part of the goal post and padding constitute the goal line) brings the mood down.

Was laughable after the game listening to some of the football experts proclaiming that they are going to knock off Hawthorn in the Prelim. FMD you've just had a 130 pt win over some training cones
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby carey » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:50 pm

am Bays wrote:
MW wrote:
am Bays wrote:FMD AFL supporters have no idea, especially those who wear red blue and gold

Do us a favour and don't go. Don't need the likes of you grumpy old SANFL die-hards bringing the mood down

No it's people with an understanding of the laws of Australian football (in particular Prior opportunity and what part of the goal post and padding constitute the goal line) brings the mood down.

Was laughable after the game listening to some of the football experts proclaiming that they are going to knock off Hawthorn in the Prelim. FMD you've just had a 130 pt win over some training cones

Adelaide media at its best
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:53 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
carey wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Cats wont be worrying us in October on that performance. Dare say Smith wont be talking about percentage pre game again either

I actually think there your biggest threat. For mine it's a Hawks v Swans GF and I reckon Hawks would rather play Sydney than Geelong as the Cats match up very well against the Hawks

I reckon the Giants are our biggest threat but with a bit of luck we wont have to play them

Yes I agree side with leg speed worry the Hawks but will the young kids handle September it's like a total new season.
carey
Coach

Postby am Bays » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:57 pm

carey wrote:

Adelaide media at its best

This wasn't the media it was the mental giants walking out of the stadium....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Indubitably, round 20.

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:12 pm

I know we are shit but thought it was a bit disrespectful of the ground announcer to tell the crowd to get behind the boys as they are going to win by 140 and take back 3rd
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby MW » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:30 pm

am Bays wrote:
MW wrote:

Every club has these supporters amongst them. A true follower of football knows you can take nothing away from this game and any prelim will be tough esp. with the likelyhood being at the MCG or SCG.
Take no notice of the people saying that stuff.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby MW » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:31 pm

Brodlach wrote:Nic Nat had a few pies whilst on the sidelines?

He was quoted as saying he's thinner than before the injury...wishful thinking perhaps?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:47 pm

Jim05 wrote:

I know we are shit but thought it was a bit disrespectful of the ground announcer to tell the crowd to get behind the boys as they are going to win by 140 and take back 3rd

Our home match, so proclaiming to the fans.
Hopefully we won't be having home games under the roof in the near seasons
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby helicopterking » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:48 pm

MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Nic Nat had a few pies whilst on the sidelines?

He was quoted as saying he's thinner than before the injury...wishful thinking perhaps?

I agree, apparently lighter, looks huge.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:51 pm

Reminds me of Nate Jawai with dreads
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby saintal » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:10 pm

Didn't see any of the game due to being at Noarlunga, but a surprisingly comfortable win for the Saints. Thought it was a 50/50 game at the G. Membrey with another bag and good to see Bruce kick 4 after a somewhat lean year compared to last. Always satisfying smashing the Blues.

If we didn't serve up such crap last week we'd still be very much in the final's mix.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby carey » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:31 pm

saintal wrote:Didn't see any of the game due to being at Noarlunga, but a surprisingly comfortable win for the Saints. Thought it was a 50/50 game at the G. Membrey with another bag and good to see Bruce kick 4 after a somewhat lean year compared to last. Always satisfying smashing the Blues.

If we didn't serve up such crap last week we'd still be very much in the final's mix.

2 wins and you could well be in mate. I like the way the Saints go about it and I know how high Port rated Richo so good to see him going well. You've got some good young talent that's for sure.
carey
Coach

Postby saintal » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:34 pm

True. A win against the Swans this week would make it very interesting. North win a match and we're sunk.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby carey » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:37 pm

saintal wrote:True. A win against the Swans this week would make it very interesting. North win a match and we're sunk.

Pretty sure tho have Hawks, Sydney and GWS can't see them winning one of them.
carey
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:31 pm

There is a lot of calls about who is going to play in a GF. In seriousness there are 4 teams who are a serious chance to win it, 1 team hasn't really faced a true acid test in it's club history and there are 3 teams who are a rough chance. No one is a certainty, 1 bad quarter or an injury to 1 KPP could mean you finish 5th instead of top 2. She's wide open.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 739 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:41 pm

And recent results show the closeness of the comp
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:53 pm

It does my head in. It's so bloody close. Hawthorn could easily finish 3-4, they only have to lose 1 more.

Port could ruin Adelaides charge....

Sydney have North in Tassie

As I said GWS need to go under the true acid test yet.

Geelong didn't win a final last year and finished outside the top 6. No one in the last 9 years has won a flag being in their position, but I having a bye before the finals changes everything.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 739 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:39 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:It does my head in. It's so bloody close. Hawthorn could easily finish 3-4, they only have to lose 1 more.

Port could ruin Adelaides charge....

Sydney have North in Tassie

As I said GWS need to go under the true acid test yet.

Geelong didn't win a final last year and finished outside the top 6. No one in the last 9 years has won a flag being in their position, but I having a bye before the finals changes everything.

If hawthorn drop 1 more they will miss the top 4 altogether given their percentage
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:28 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Geelong didn't win a final last year and finished outside the top 6. No one in the last 9 years has won a flag being in their position, but I having a bye before the finals changes everything.

Yeah, poor effort by the Cats not winning a final from 10th position. Piss poor! :?

PS Noone outside the top 3 has won a flag since the finals have been in the current format. Top 2 win 75% , 3rd 25%
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL