Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby shoe boy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:49 am

Lets look at facts!
Brighton div 3 SAAFL 2017
M/Parks div 4 SAAFL 2017
Hackham looking at div 7 SAAFL with the SAAFL rejecting proposal for 2 years?
Marion where in discussion with SAAFL but have severed communication and approached the SFL to assist in supporting 2017 SFL

Any one like to elaborate .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby lion heart » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:15 pm

Mister Footy wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
jake the snake wrote:Have heard another southern team looking to defect to the hills league and it's not hackham!!!!

Lonsdale

Why would Lonsdale move to another league when they have half the SFL protecting them from extinction

It is quite comical how you keep on harping on this subject MF! Do we have to pay rent for the space we occupy inside your head?

We don't ask for nor receive any special treatment from the SFL and have only 1 person on the SFL board that has had any involvement in the merged club. Mark McKay is one of the fairest guys you will ever meet so i am not sure what you are insinuating?

The Lions have many issue's of which we need to deal with but i would have thought that you would be better off concentrating on the problems that exist within your club rather than focusing on us?
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby strike me pink » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:09 pm

Great win by the Emu's yesterday - after the thumping Reynella gave us last year on their turf it was good to have the rivalry back to it's best, 1 point in it at 3/4 quarter time, 2 goal win but could have gone either way, Sun was out and a good game of Finals type Footy.

Still a bit of movement on the ladder to come, Emu's have Top Spot sealed up now and positions 2 to 5 are all yet to be decided.
strike me pink
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Mister Footy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:21 pm

lion heart wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
jake the snake wrote:Have heard another southern team looking to defect to the hills league and it's not hackham!!!!

Lonsdale

Why would Lonsdale move to another league when they have half the SFL protecting them from extinction

It is quite comical how you keep on harping on this subject MF! Do we have to pay rent for the space we occupy inside your head?

We don't ask for nor receive any special treatment from the SFL and have only 1 person on the SFL board that has had any involvement in the merged club. Mark McKay is one of the fairest guys you will ever meet so i am not sure what you are insinuating?

The Lions have many issue's of which we need to deal with but i would have thought that you would be better off concentrating on the problems that exist within your club rather than focusing on us?

Quote "only have 1 person on the SFL board" =D> =)) :^O

Dont you worry there is plenty of focus on HV internally
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Animus » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:43 pm

Round 17: some big games again this weekend!

Porties @ Aldinga - depending on other results Porties are a sneaky chance to make the top 4 after round 18
Brighton @ Christies - Brighton playing for top 4, Christies should be safe in the 8
Valley @ Flagstaff Hill - Bushfalcons playing for top 4 and should win the local derby
Lions @ Hackham - first goal wins
Cove @ Marion - can Cove make up enough % to challenge for 8th if Christies lose
Emus @ Twisties - Emus safe on top
Reynella @ Shoes - game of the round, Shoes are peaking at the right time of year
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby The Poacher » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:43 pm

shoe boy wrote:2017

Lets look at facts!
M/Parks div 4 SAAFL 2017
Marion where in discussion with SAAFL but have severed communication and approached the SFL to assist in supporting 2017 SFL

Ask the Marion 2017 President elect. He's a "SAAFL move" man. I also would start asking these question again just after the 2017 June long weekend, that's when all this topic will start to be in full swing again. Marion had talks earlier this year with saafl, on Sat 18th June it was announced by president that a meeting would take place on Tues 21st June to discuss "SAAFL move". This meeting did not take place due to Senior A grade players telling pres and board members that, if Marion move to SAAFL they would transfer to other SFL or other leagues clubs. There are many at Marion who are in the "go camp". I am still in the "lets try 2 DIV's camp", which I don't think is even an option. Either way I am sure Marion will do what they think is best for Marion, and will continue to work hard to improve our current situation.
The Poacher

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:30 pm

Lets look at facts!
M/Parks div 4 SAAFL 2017

All sorts of rumours happening at the moment.

The most bizarre one I have heard though is that a number of McLaren Flat life members who feel sidelined at the McLaren club are in talks with some people associated with Hackham to form a new club called the Onkaparinga Eaglehawks and enter in Hills Div 2. Apparently they are planning for Hackham to fall over so they can take over the complex there or else they will look to base themselves at McLaren Flat.

Almost as interesting as the Sheidow Park Bulls minis club that was touted a couple of years ago.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Boof » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:39 pm

strike me pink wrote:Great win by the Emu's yesterday - after the thumping Reynella gave us last year on their turf it was good to have the rivalry back to it's best, 1 point in it at 3/4 quarter time, 2 goal win but could have gone either way, Sun was out and a good game of Finals type Footy.

Still a bit of movement on the ladder to come, Emu's have Top Spot sealed up now and positions 2 to 5 are all yet to be decided.

Well done to the Emu's yesterday, playing some good team footy and deserved the win. Good contest with the momentum changing several times. Emu's decision making and skills much better than Reynella's on the day.
Flies missing 8 players from last years premiership team and it's showing.
Flags up for grabs for anyone of 5 sides in my opinion, should be a great final series.
Boof
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:18 pm

The Poacher wrote:

Lets look at facts!
M/Parks div 4 SAAFL 2017

Ask the Marion 2017 President elect. He's a "SAAFL move" man. I also would start asking these question again just after the 2017 June long weekend, that's when all this topic will start to be in full swing again. Marion had talks earlier this year with saafl, on Sat 18th June it was announced by president that a meeting would take place on Tues 21st June to discuss "SAAFL move". This meeting did not take place due to Senior A grade players telling pres and board members that, if Marion move to SAAFL they would transfer to other SFL or other leagues clubs. There are many at Marion who are in the "go camp". I am still in the "lets try 2 DIV's camp", which I don't think is even an option. Either way I am sure Marion will do what they think is best for Marion, and will continue to work hard to improve our current situation.

I heard the other way around that the players were keen to go and board wasn't. Will be interesting to see if all the players stay.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby mutton cove » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:27 am

Looks good in leather.
Your comments are as good as your league. If McLarens were in the SFL they would be a top four side.
mutton cove
Rookie

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:04 am

mutton cove wrote:Looks good in leather.
Your comments are as good as your league. If McLarens were in the SFL they would be a top four side.

I did refer to it as a "bizarre" rumour

McLaren's B-Grade might be top 4 in the SFL B-Grade comp, kidding yourself if you think they are stronger than Reynella and Flaggies (4th & 5th) at A-Grade level.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Luke15 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:58 am

Ha ha ha Mutton Cove you are delusional. McLaren would finish mid-table in the SFL. I am comfortable in saying that they would not beat Morphett Vale, Brighton, Noarlunga, Flagstaff Hill, Reynella and even my mob Port Noarlunga
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times

Postby Courtney Fish » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:53 pm

Why would Lonsdale move to another league when they have half the SFL protecting them from extinction[/quote]

The Lions have many issue's of which we need to deal with but i would have thought that you would be better off concentrating on the problems that exist within your club rather than focusing on us?[/quote]

Quote "only have 1 person on the SFL board" =D> =)) :^O

Dont you worry there is plenty of focus on HV internally[/quote]

There's also the ex Morphett Vale and Sullies Player that still refers to the club as O'Sullivan Beach. And the ex Mawson official that has rarely set foot in the club since the merger other than on official League business whose Grandsons have gone from Reynella to Marion and now Porties.
Hardly half the board.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Boof » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:27 pm

Can't believe Craig Warmans comments in the Southern Times Messenger in regards to clubs leaving the SFL.

I quote; SFL officials had tried to make the league as competitive as possible and would have considered splitting into two divisions if it had enough teams.

What have they tried? How many bloody teams do we need? Surely division 1 with 8 teams and division 2 with 6 would have worked!!!
I think he must have gone to the same school as our premier and passed with an A+ in talking bullshit!!!
Boof
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Thumbs Up » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:30 pm

Stupid comment Mutton Cove. Mclaren would be sitting at very best 7th in the SFL. Dont get confused with high end talent in Association games and the strength of club teams week to week.
Thumbs Up
Mini-League

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:39 pm

Well said Thumbs Up. And Mutton Cove - McLaren could challenge for a higher ranking in the SFL if your best 22 lined up in the A grade each week. If I was a McLaren Flat Life Member I would also be disillusioned with how the merged entity of my old club goes about its business.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby shoe boy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:47 am

Anyone know why the under 18 game Cove v Aldinga was a'bandoned on the wend ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby strike me pink » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:25 am

Boof wrote:
strike me pink wrote:Great win by the Emu's yesterday - after the thumping Reynella gave us last year on their turf it was good to have the rivalry back to it's best, 1 point in it at 3/4 quarter time, 2 goal win but could have gone either way, Sun was out and a good game of Finals type Footy.

Well done to the Emu's yesterday, playing some good team footy and deserved the win. Good contest with the momentum changing several times. Emu's decision making and skills much better than Reynella's on the day.
Flags up for grabs for anyone of 5 sides in my opinion, should be a great final series.

Really 8 players - nearly half the side, I only noticed Ellison and Bradshaw, picked up Greenbank, Francis and that bloke with the strange hair, you beat Brighton by 100 points and lost by 2 goals to us in a game that could have gone either way all match, looks to me that another Finals assault is on Target to me.
strike me pink
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Luke15 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:09 pm

strike me pink wrote:
Boof wrote:

Really 8 players - nearly half the side, I only noticed Ellison and Bradshaw, picked up Greenbank, Francis and that bloke with the strange hair, you beat Brighton by 100 points and lost by 2 goals to us in a game that could have gone either way all match, looks to me that another Finals assault is on Target to me.

Ahh the wonders of Sporting Pulse to settle an argument.

Reynella missing from 2015 Grand Final: Bradshaw (Inj), Ellison (South), Moyle (South), Jolly (South), Hamilton (??), Mahony (???), Lock (???), Caruso (??)
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times

Postby Front & Centre » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:49 pm

I hear there is a meeting of the Presidents coming up with proposed changes for 2017 in the wake of Brighton and MVP leaving. Anyone care to comment on this?
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL