Rosewater
17%
Smithfield
23%

Total votes : 66

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Postby wassprinttospace » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:53 pm

A fantastic day for our club yesterday.

We traveled to Smithfield and our B grade turned a 97 point round 8 loss into a 1 point round 17 win. Then the A grade turned a 38 point half time deficit into a 2 point win.

This all lead into our heritage dinner last night celebrating our first 10 years in the SAAFL that was attended by 160 people, the largest gathering our club has ever had at an event.

1 week until finals and the top 5 in both the A and B grade comps of div 5 are still being shaped.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby zedman » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:31 pm

wassprinttospace wrote:A fantastic day for our club yesterday.

We traveled to Smithfield and our B grade turned a 97 point round 8 loss into a 1 point round 17 win. Then the A grade turned a 38 point half time deficit into a 2 point win.

This all lead into our heritage dinner last night celebrating our first 10 years in the SAAFL that was attended by 160 people, the largest gathering our club has ever had at an event.

1 week until finals and the top 5 in both the A and B grade comps of div 5 are still being shaped.

div 5 top 5 looks set only first and second to be decided..glenunga will get the fifth spot even if they lose via superior % to cbc (unless cbc win by over 20 goals approximately) and play at smithfield first week of finals..they have done a great job and will be a very dangerous opponent..blackfriars will be playing away first week at either heccies or lockleys..

div 5 res pulteney will be top and cbc second..smithfield and lockleys could swap places depending on results..heccies could get to fifth if elizabeth lose and they beat lockleys..i think i have that correct but it is a monday.. :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby hillscrow » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:28 pm

Not quite correct I reckon Zedman...BOSFC beat CBCOC they go to 28 points & if Lockleys beat Hectorville they stay on 26 that'll take BOSFC to 2nd spot and Heccies 3rd. Unless maybe there's some further 'cheap' Rosewater points allocated to Hectorville that we are yet to be made aware of. Any more forfeits available?
hillscrow
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times

Postby zedman » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:50 pm

hillscrow wrote:Not quite correct I reckon Zedman...BOSFC beat CBCOC they go to 28 points & if Lockleys beat Hectorville they stay on 26 that'll take BOSFC to 2nd spot and Heccies 3rd. Unless maybe there's some further 'cheap' Rosewater points allocated to Hectorville that we are yet to be made aware of. Any more forfeits available?

yeah you are quite correct hillscrow..i did say it was monday!..not sure how i messed that up..but i have.. :shock:

the forfeits are a strange anomaly i havent encountered before in these circumstances..we certainly didnt ask for it to occur and we have missed thousands of dollars in revenue from a triple header sponsors day that was cancelled..it was a gift that just flopped into our laps through no actions of our own..
zedman
Coach

Postby hillscrow » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:54 pm

Well, as history will show us, it all starts again when final's come about - no gifts during a finals series!!
hillscrow
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:03 pm

zedman wrote:
hillscrow wrote:Not quite correct I reckon Zedman...BOSFC beat CBCOC they go to 28 points & if Lockleys beat Hectorville they stay on 26 that'll take BOSFC to 2nd spot and Heccies 3rd. Unless maybe there's some further 'cheap' Rosewater points allocated to Hectorville that we are yet to be made aware of. Any more forfeits available?

yeah you are quite correct hillscrow..i did say it was monday!..not sure how i messed that up..but i have.. :shock:

the forfeits are a strange anomaly i havent encountered before in these circumstances..we certainly didnt ask for it to occur and we have missed thousands of dollars in revenue from a triple header sponsors day that was cancelled..it was a gift that just flopped into our laps through no actions of our own..

You sort of didnt - as when i looked at the ladder last night, it still had Locks sitting 2nd (probably had to manually change the ladder because of the bye)- based on the ladder last night there was no way BOS could've moved any further up the ladder.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby zedman » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:05 pm

hillscrow wrote:Well, as history will show us, it all starts again when final's come about - no gifts during a finals series!!

i will use that excuse FC.. :)

fwiw we were looking forward to the game with RFC..we owed them from the first round and we set goals of beating every team at least once if possible..wasnt to be..we move on..
zedman
Coach

Postby wassprinttospace » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:37 pm

zedman wrote:

C'mon Zed, unlike you to have not done all your homework. A bye last saturday and a potetnial bye Saturday week may not be not an ideal preparation going into a finals series ..... :)
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Postby zedman » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:49 pm

wassprinttospace wrote:
zedman wrote:

C'mon Zed, unlike you to have not done all your homework. A bye last saturday and a potetnial bye Saturday week may not be not an ideal preparation going into a finals series ..... :)

if that occurs its not ideal no doubt but its a big "if" as hectorville will be just as keen to grab the top spot as we are and they have been great at home this year..noted richardson in the B grade this week..that would have helped with the 1 point win?

the boys had a very tough hit out on saturday for about 2 hours and if anything we got more injuries from that session than if we played a game! :?
zedman
Coach

Postby wassprinttospace » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:58 pm

zedman wrote:
wassprinttospace wrote:
zedman wrote:

if that occurs its not ideal no doubt but its a big "if" as hectorville will be just as keen to grab the top spot as we are and they have been great at home this year..noted richardson in the B grade this week..that would have helped with the 1 point win?

the boys had a very tough hit out on saturday for about 2 hours and if anything we got more injuries from that session than if we played a game! :?

you are doing your homework then.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Postby scottroo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:04 pm

One more game for Richardson this week to qualify him for finals. Handy in as the grounds dry out. Class player
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby oldman » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:56 pm

Finals now a waits.
In the A's we have
Blackfriars vs Lockleys. Should be ripping game think the small oval will suit the home team and their defensive press.
Smithfield vs Glenunga. Smithfield are a really hardened side and finals is nothing new to them. Glenunga on the other hand have shown ability to really mix it with the best teams on their day. Smithfields experience to get them over the line in a shootout.
The B's games are
Cboc vs Smithfield. CBOC have been dominating in the Bs all year and all though they finished 2nd the are clearly the team to beat. Some seriously good players running around in the middle and even better targets up forward. Smithfield may lack a little depth but depending on injuries and availability. CBOC by plenty.
Lockleys vs Hectorville. Hard to get a read on Lockleys they played some super footy through the middle rounds but have limped into the finals not sure if this is due to anything in particular? Hectorville should be ful of confidence as the easily accounted for lockleys in last round of the year to secure a finals berth. Expecting the same here Hectorville by about 6 goals.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Half Back Flanker » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:45 am

oldman wrote:Finals now a waits.
In the A's we have
Blackfriars vs Lockleys. Should be ripping game think the small oval will suit the home team and their defensive press.
Smithfield vs Glenunga. Smithfield are a really hardened side and finals is nothing new to them. Glenunga on the other hand have shown ability to really mix it with the best teams on their day. Smithfields experience to get them over the line in a shootout.
The B's games are
Cboc vs Smithfield. CBOC have been dominating in the Bs all year and all though they finished 2nd the are clearly the team to beat. Some seriously good players running around in the middle and even better targets up forward. Smithfield may lack a little depth but depending on injuries and availability. CBOC by plenty.
Lockleys vs Hectorville. Hard to get a read on Lockleys they played some super footy through the middle rounds but have limped into the finals not sure if this is due to anything in particular? Hectorville should be ful of confidence as the easily accounted for lockleys in last round of the year to secure a finals berth. Expecting the same here Hectorville by about 6 goals.

I think you'll find that it's gonna be Lockleys vs Blackfriars played at Lockleys Oval
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby oldman » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:17 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:
In the A's we have
The B's games are

I think you'll find that it's gonna be Lockleys vs Blackfriars played at Lockleys Oval

You are correct. In that case Lockleys to get the chocolates on the big open spaces.
Also CBOC's B grade cop the raw end of the deal having finished second but having to travel out to Smithfield to play in a qualifying final is a tough ask.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:19 pm

Bos are a far better side on a bigger ground. Like igfa
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:57 pm

oldman wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:
In the A's we have
The B's games are

You are correct. In that case Lockleys to get the chocolates on the big open spaces.
Also CBOC's B grade cop the raw end of the deal having finished second but having to travel out to Smithfield to play in a qualifying final is a tough ask.

Don't think the oval size will determine the winner of BOS Lockleys especially as BOS have already beaten them at Lockleys this year. Should be a top match though
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby ramming23 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:56 pm

oldman wrote:
Nichdanmatt wrote:Glenunga have been approached by pulteney about a possible merger.

Are you sure that it wasn't the other way around???

Glenunga have been approached by Pulteney for a merger. It is currently under review by the committee. I'm not exactly sure how it will work etc but I can confirm it is being heavily looked into.
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:05 pm

ramming23 wrote:Glenunga have been approached by Pulteney for a merger. It is currently under review by the committee. I'm not exactly sure how it will work etc but I can confirm it is being heavily looked into.

Good luck! Hope you can work it out - looks a win/win for both parties if you can come to an agreement!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby adr107 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:10 pm

ramming23 wrote:
oldman wrote:
Nichdanmatt wrote:Glenunga have been approached by pulteney about a possible merger.

Are you sure that it wasn't the other way around???

Glenunga have been approached by Pulteney for a merger. It is currently under review by the committee. I'm not exactly sure how it will work etc but I can confirm it is being heavily looked into.

Wonder if this means Greenacres could become a really unlucky 8th place side... ?
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Ian » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:21 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
oldman wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:
In the A's we have
The B's games are

Don't think the oval size will determine the winner of BOS Lockleys especially as BOS have already beaten them at Lockleys this year. Should be a top match though

2 very close encounters this year, could go either way, hopefully the Dee's can get up and have another crack at Hectorville, they're due for a win over them

previous scores

LFC 12-13:85
BOS 13-8:86

BOS 11-15:81
LFC 12-13:85
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League