HFL Division 3 (C grade)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 3 (C grade)

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:39 pm

2old2slow wrote:how many teams this year and when does the season begin?

7 teams and starts April 16th. Program up on Hills Sporting Pulse website.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon May 16, 2016 7:21 pm

How is the standard of Div 3 this year better or worse with Hahndorf and Bridgewater/Callington coming in?
Milang improved this year beating Ironbank and Uraidla over the last 2 weeks?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:02 pm

Hahndorf forfeit on Sunday?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby rock » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:55 pm

It was a really good atmosphere at Ironbank yesterday for the C Grade Semi Finals. A couple of good games too, well done on Hahndorf making the Grand Final. I can't really say the same for Blackwood as it seems they were approved at least 4 dodgy permits which should have never got through.
2 players had played 11 and 12 B grade games (so most of them) and 4 C grade games and given permits, these 2 players recieved 2nd and 3rd best.
1 player had played zero games for the season and was given his first game in the Semi Final.
1 other player who has spent most of the season with South Adelaide's U18 and played 1 B grade game and 1 C grade game previously was also given a permit.
Well done Blackwood, hardly in the spirit of the game and most certainly not in the spirit of the C grade competition. I guess your win at all costs attitude sometimes pays off. Pity there isn't any strong leaders within the HFL who could put a stop to this. Ironbank were playing injured blokes yesterday to comply with the rules and regulations and fell 5 goals short. They can all hold their heads high.
rock
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby wazzal77 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:01 pm

Utterly disgraceful.. Blackwood should bow their heads in shame if this is the case. they likely would have lost and Ironbank should be playing in the grand final..
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby running defender » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:22 am

As I said before no permits after June 30
Unless a player has a serious injury early in the year and has doctors certificate
And makes it back before finals without playing the required games I say yes
Just another stupid decision from board of twits.
It's C grade for gods sake
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:57 am

wazzal77 wrote:Utterly disgraceful.. Blackwood should bow their heads in shame if this is the case. they likely would have lost and Ironbank should be playing in the grand final..

Blackwood or the HFL?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby wazzal77 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:04 pm

Blackwood for having the nerve to ask and HFL for allowing Dutchy. Provided of course what has been accused is correct, but Rock seems to have too many precise facts to be leading us on a merry dance. Im now interested to see what the actual consitution/by laws say about permits, but its probably left quite open and gives the HFL the opportunity to accept as they see fit..
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:52 pm

HFL are the ones that rubber stamped it and allowed it to happen, that's where the blame should be
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby SecretInformant » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:34 pm

Dutchy wrote:HFL are the ones that rubber stamped it and allowed it to happen, that's where the blame should be

Exactly Dutchy. The club asked, the HFL approved. Happens every year in finals... Seems like another case of people only complaining when they're not the ones who are getting the benefit. Lets say if Ironbank applied for permits and got them, would they be complaining then? I think not!!!

Whinging on a forum won't change it. If they don't like it, then they should put in a motion to get the rules changed to not allow it.
SecretInformant

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Afterthesiren » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:14 pm

I think you'll find Blackwood did not disclose all the information regarding the South Adelaide lad in particular. So I'd say Blackwood are at fault as well as the HFL for not doing the research. From what I hear Ironbank are moving forward but are just disappointed the rules weren't adhered to. I wouldn't call that whinging.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby rock » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:21 pm

SecretInformant wrote:
Dutchy wrote:HFL are the ones that rubber stamped it and allowed it to happen, that's where the blame should be

Exactly Dutchy. The club asked, the HFL approved. Happens every year in finals... Seems like another case of people only complaining when they're not the ones who are getting the benefit. Lets say if Ironbank applied for permits and got them, would they be complaining then? I think not!!!

Whinging on a forum won't change it. If they don't like it, then they should put in a motion to get the rules changed to not allow it.

Ironbank did have two permit players both of which would have qualified had the last minor round game not been cancelled, which is fair enough I think. I think the key word here is 'fair' my friend. At least 3 of the 4 clubs were playing 'fair' on the day. And had the rules been upheld by the HFL we wouldn't be talking about this right now... the rules don't need changing.
rock
Under 16s

Postby SecretInformant » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:38 pm

rock wrote:
SecretInformant wrote:

Ironbank did have two permit players both of which would have qualified had the last minor round game not been cancelled, which is fair enough I think. I think the key word here is 'fair' my friend. At least 3 of the 4 clubs were playing 'fair' on the day. And had the rules been upheld by the HFL we wouldn't be talking about this right now... the rules don't need changing.

Sometimes the world isn't a fair place Rock..
SecretInformant

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby rock » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:17 pm

You would know mate.
rock
Under 16s

Postby WindyHill » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:32 am

rock wrote:It was a really good atmosphere at Ironbank yesterday for the C Grade Semi Finals. A couple of good games too, well done on Hahndorf making the Grand Final. I can't really say the same for Blackwood as it seems they were approved at least 4 dodgy permits which should have never got through.
2 players had played 11 and 12 B grade games (so most of them) and 4 C grade games and given permits, these 2 players recieved 2nd and 3rd best.
1 player had played zero games for the season and was given his first game in the Semi Final.
1 other player who has spent most of the season with South Adelaide's U18 and played 1 B grade game and 1 C grade game previously was also given a permit.
Well done Blackwood, hardly in the spirit of the game and most certainly not in the spirit of the C grade competition. I guess your win at all costs attitude sometimes pays off. Pity there isn't any strong leaders within the HFL who could put a stop to this. Ironbank were playing injured blokes yesterday to comply with the rules and regulations and fell 5 goals short. They can all hold their heads high.

Nice to see you whacking Blackwood for being a strong club with an available list. Those players did not make the B grade team for the week so naturally they play in the C grade game? Sour grapes fella
WindyHill
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby rock » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:27 am

WindyHill wrote:
rock wrote:It was a really good atmosphere at Ironbank yesterday for the C Grade Semi Finals. A couple of good games too, well done on Hahndorf making the Grand Final. I can't really say the same for Blackwood as it seems they were approved at least 4 dodgy permits which should have never got through.

Nice to see you whacking Blackwood for being a strong club with an available list. Those players did not make the B grade team for the week so naturally they play in the C grade game? Sour grapes fella

Ahh, you needed 3 games to qualify for finals. 1 player had played zero games and was last years C grade player of the finals. The other had amounted 1 C grade game having spent most the year with South Adelaide's U18s. I won't even comment on the other two. So no, I don't call it sour grapes I call it cheating. Perhaps take the silent option like the rest of your club has because they know they've got away with dodgy permits... MORON.
rock
Under 16s

Postby wazzal77 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:35 am

If it makes you feel any better Rock, going by Hahndorfs Facebook page (and wow talk about detail goal by goal commentary! ) Hahndorf got over Blackwood by 3 points in the Grand Final...
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby Grumpy Old B » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:24 pm

I noticed that the Karma bus had moved from Echunga. Must be parked at Blackwood now rock
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:12 pm

I don't know about that grumpy, it appears to be pretty comfortably parked at Echunga, and not ready to leave just yet!
footytragic001971
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Great article on Milang FC in this weeks Courier
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext