Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:52 pm

Front & Centre wrote:I hear there is a meeting of the Presidents coming up with proposed changes for 2017 in the wake of Brighton and MVP leaving. Anyone care to comment on this?

Yes for Monday, although it was already scheduled prior to BDOS & MVP making their decisions
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Kick&ACatch » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:08 pm

shoe boy wrote:Anyone know why the under 18 game Cove v Aldinga was a'bandoned on the wend ?

One of the cove lads got pretty badly knocked out in the 2nd qrt ... took awhile to get him off the ground and it only left cove with 12-13 players afterwards
Kick&ACatch
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Boof » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:57 pm

Luke15 wrote:
strike me pink wrote:
Boof wrote:
strike me pink wrote:Great win by the Emu's yesterday - after the thumping Reynella gave us last year on their turf it was good to have the rivalry back to it's best, 1 point in it at 3/4 quarter time, 2 goal win but could have gone either way, Sun was out and a good game of Finals type Footy.

Still a bit of movement on the ladder to come, Emu's have Top Spot sealed up now and positions 2 to 5 are all yet to be decided.

Well done to the Emu's yesterday, playing some good team footy and deserved the win. Good contest with the momentum changing several times. Emu's decision making and skills much better than Reynella's on the day.
Flies missing 8 players from last years premiership team and it's showing.
Flags up for grabs for anyone of 5 sides in my opinion, should be a great final series.

Really 8 players - nearly half the side, I only noticed Ellison and Bradshaw, picked up Greenbank, Francis and that bloke with the strange hair, you beat Brighton by 100 points and lost by 2 goals to us in a game that could have gone either way all match, looks to me that another Finals assault is on Target to me.

Ahh the wonders of Sporting Pulse to settle an argument.

Reynella missing from 2015 Grand Final: Bradshaw (Inj), Ellison (South), Moyle (South), Jolly (South), Hamilton (??), Mahony (???), Lock (???), Caruso (??)

Thanks Luke 15 I believe that's 8 players!!!
The Emu's have definitely improved this season, but not to tune of a 165 point turn around from the last time we played them at Reynella.
Flies are not the side they were and will definitely have their work cut out going back to back. Two huge games coming up that we need to win to secure the double chance.
Emu's currently the best team going around and deserve to be flag favourites, not sure how Flaggies and Brighton are looking on the injury front, both teams with a full squad to choose from would be really tough to beat come September.
Shoes have been playing some great footy of late and are a huge test this week. Very well coached and they will also be tough come September.
Boof
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby vics01 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:05 pm

Boof
Can't believe Craig Warmans comments in the Southern Times Messenger in regards to clubs leaving the SFL.

I quote; SFL officials had tried to make the league as competitive as possible and would have considered splitting into two divisions if it had enough teams.

What have they tried? How many bloody teams do we need? Surely division 1 with 8 teams and division 2 with 6 would have worked!!!
I think he must have gone to the same school as our premier and passed with an A+ in talking bullshit!!!

Funny thing is after Warman and Co found out the Hawks were looking to move, they went to the Hawks and told them they would move to 2 divisions (this is prior to BDOS and Morphie Parks officially moving) Div 1 would be 10 teams and Div 2 would be 4 teams.. Div 2 Hawks, Sharks, Rams & Lions.. Guaranteed a finals appearance if nothing else..

What was wrong with a 8 team div 1 and either 6 or 7 div 2 in the past few years?? Tough Calls would be the answer.. What happens now for the Hawks and Lions?? A 2 team div 2?? at least that will give a GF appearance..

SFL have sat on their hands and now clubs will fold.. Well done to the board
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby shoe boy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:56 am

Has everyone seen the under 12 carnival groups?

Why would you place the alleged better sides in one group?

It is akin to having BRAZIL/GERMANY/SPAIN/FRANCE/ARGENTINA pooled in one group in the world cup!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:31 am

shoe boy wrote:Has everyone seen the under 12 carnival groups?

It is akin to having BRAZIL/GERMANY/SPAIN/FRANCE/ARGENTINA pooled in one group in the world cup!

I assume to avoid one sided blowouts, funny this is only considered an issue for the precious minis.

Then again, how could it be assessed if there is strictly no scores to be kept?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Dutchy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:06 pm

Its happened the last 2 years so no surprise, its designed for one of the smaller clubs to make a run thru the finals on one side of the draw and with the best teams meeting in the Semi's on the other side which results in the GF being a massive blow out instead of the 2 best teams on the day making the GF.

If a club has 2 u12 teams surely the common sense thing to do is to put them on different sides of the draw?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby afc9798 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:26 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Its happened the last 2 years so no surprise, its designed for one of the smaller clubs to make a run thru the finals on one side of the draw and with the best teams meeting in the Semi's on the other side which results in the GF being a massive blow out instead of the 2 best teams on the day making the GF.

If a club has 2 u12 teams surely the common sense thing to do is to put them on different sides of the draw?

And no more needed to be said.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby shoe boy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:37 am

Can someone please inform Reynella they cant play with 24 players ?

Or possibly it is the total fit squad as they have not named a B grade side :|

Looking forward to what should be a cracker of a day with big crowd and local footy .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:59 am

shoe boy wrote:Can someone please inform Reynella they cant play with 24 players ?

Or possibly it is the total fit squad as they have not named a B grade side :|

Looking forward to what should be a cracker of a day with big crowd and local footy .

Maybe they asked the SFL Board to be treated differently and allowed extra players?

Surely you would know something about bullsh!t requests being approved by the SFL.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby strike me pink » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:29 pm

Well done to the Emu's yesterday, playing some good team footy and deserved the win. Good contest with the momentum changing several times. Emu's decision making and skills much better than Reynella's on the day.
Flies missing 8 players from last years premiership team and it's showing.
Flags up for grabs for anyone of 5 sides in my opinion, should be a great final series.[/quote]

Really 8 players - nearly half the side, I only noticed Ellison and Bradshaw, picked up Greenbank, Francis and that bloke with the strange hair, you beat Brighton by 100 points and lost by 2 goals to us in a game that could have gone either way all match, looks to me that another Finals assault is on Target to me.[/quote]

Ahh the wonders of Sporting Pulse to settle an argument.

Reynella missing from 2015 Grand Final: Bradshaw (Inj), Ellison (South), Moyle (South), Jolly (South), Hamilton (??), Mahony (???), Lock (???), Caruso (??)[/quote]

Thanks Luke 15 I believe that's 8 players!!!
The Emu's have definitely improved this season, but not to tune of a 165 point turn around from the last time we played them at Reynella.
Flies are not the side they were and will definitely have their work cut out going back to back. Two huge games coming up that we need to win to secure the double chance.
Emu's currently the best team going around and deserve to be flag favourites, not sure how Flaggies and Brighton are looking on the injury front, both teams with a full squad to choose from would be really tough to beat come September.
Shoes have been playing some great footy of late and are a huge test this week. Very well coached and they will also be tough come September.[/quote]

Thanks Luke 15 & Boof - just to linger a bit if banter a bit longer thought I would check Sporting Pulse also, Hamilton, Lock played Bs last week and Caruso named for this week so back to 5, was interested where the Emus stood from the Final last year in which we lost, out from then S.Sloan, L.Shrive, C. Ottaway, J. Sampson, T. Howell, D.Earl and 3 played Bs - B.Watkinson, J.Mardigan, A.Baker.
strike me pink
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Dutchy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:51 pm

We don't give the SFL much credit on here but they have done a good job with the back end of the draw this season with some excellent programming over the last month which sees a lot of games that will shape the top 4 and top 8, along with the bottom teams playing competitive games.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby vics01 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:31 pm

dutchy

CAN WE HAVE SOME OF WHAT YOU ARE ON??

More luck than skill.. Bet Morphett Vale are just wrapped to be fronting Hackham the week before finals commence?
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:36 pm

vics01 wrote:dutchy

CAN WE HAVE SOME OF WHAT YOU ARE ON??

More luck than skill.. Bet Morphett Vale are just wrapped to be fronting Hackham the week before finals commence?

Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, more good games than not. Might be luck, might be good planning.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Mister Footy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:58 pm

Most pathetic Happy Valley effort I have seen :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hope BC gave them a rocket

That is not the way we play
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Backliner » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:09 pm

Have heard Happy Valley calling for 2 divisions so they can rebuild
Backliner
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:20 pm

Was someone asleep at the wheel when they approved a top 8 for the under 18's? Ran out of common sense? All you need to do to make the finals is beat a team that can't field 18 players a week. Top 8 in a 9 team comp could only happen in one league
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:25 pm

Fortunately we will be able to do away with the stupid final 8 system altogether next year.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby helicopterking » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:15 pm

Mister Footy wrote:Most pathetic Happy Valley effort I have seen :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hope BC gave them a rocket

That is not the way we play

Keam Kurse
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:12 am

Dutchy wrote:We don't give the SFL much credit on here but they have done a good job with the back end of the draw this season with some excellent programming over the last month which sees a lot of games that will shape the top 4 and top 8, along with the bottom teams playing competitive games.

Sorry Dutchy ,
don't agree.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL