Proposing to the missus

Anything!

Proposing to the missus

Postby RustyCage » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:11 pm

Still a bit off for me but something that's in the back of my mind, the whole how and when. For those of you who've had the ball and chain attached to your leg, interested to hear your stories of how you popped the question.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Re: Proposing to the missus

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:05 am

Back in nineteendickety two when the chap down the road first showed us this "wheel" he had been working on late at night, it got me thinking, what was I to do with my time on this mortal coil?

So, without delay, as we hopped into our third serving of mammoth I said to the significant other, "I like it, should I put a ring on it?", to which she replied "I'm up on him, he up on me" which, I'm led to believe, is a yes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7492 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:14 am

Went to the zoo on Boxing Day to propose to the missus in front of the Tigers, Rocky Balboa style... Yeah lame I know but if I did anything out of the ordinary she would have caught on. She's not exactly the wine and dine type...
Anyways it was bloody hot, and we finally got to the Tigers and there was to many people there so I chickened out. Take 2 - went back to the Tigers and know one was there but still chickened out :( I knew than we couldn't make a 3rd trip to the Tigers as that would be shithouse! She still had no idea.
Just a side note I asked her dad the day before arm I already told my parents I was doing it so there was no backing out! Trust me, I had zero doubts I wanted to marry her but I was overcome with nerves on the first two occasions! Which is odd for me...
Anyways as we were walking out to leave the zoo, I said to myself "I have to do this!" So I grabbed her arm and said come over her with me I want to see his last animal. I got on one knee and asked and she thought I was joking till I showed her the ring! Than she promptly said YES... I am rapt I didn't chicken out the third time!
So from that day forward the Yellow footed Rock wallaby has a spot in our hearts :lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:50 am

At least it wasn't the skunks :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:57 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Went to the zoo on Boxing Day to propose to the missus in front of the Tigers, Rocky Balboa style... Yeah lame I know but if I did anything out of the ordinary she would have caught on. She's not exactly the wine and dine type...
Anyways it was bloody hot, and we finally got to the Tigers and there was to many people there so I chickened out. Take 2 - went back to the Tigers and know one was there but still chickened out :( I knew than we couldn't make a 3rd trip to the Tigers as that would be shithouse! She still had no idea.
Just a side note I asked her dad the day before arm I already told my parents I was doing it so there was no backing out! Trust me, I had zero doubts I wanted to marry her but I was overcome with nerves on the first two occasions! Which is odd for me...
Anyways as we were walking out to leave the zoo, I said to myself "I have to do this!" So I grabbed her arm and said come over her with me I want to see his last animal. I got on one knee and asked and she thought I was joking till I showed her the ring! Than she promptly said YES... I am rapt I didn't chicken out the third time!
So from that day forward the Yellow footed Rock wallaby has a spot in our hearts :lol:

It's funny how you mention wallabies...

T'was June, 2007.

My lovely girlfriend (at the time) and I decided to go for a drive to the Big Rocking Horse.

After walking through the toy shop, we decided to stroll through the little animal park there. She knew I was proposing that day, and like WUB12, I had previously asked her parents for permission. I can occasionally do things right...

As we're walking through the park, she sees a wallaby, gets excited, and paces over to feed it. Now's the time... yet I have no bloody idea what to say to her!

I bit the bullet, got down on one knee (which is hard for me), and blurted out my proposal. She said yes, of course, and holds out her hand for me to slide the ring on her finger. The problem is, I didn't have a clue which one was the ring finger! With a little guidance (and a bit of laughter directed at me blubbering), the ring was on. We then went to KFC, where I read the newspaper and ignored her for the next half hour.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Wedgie » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:25 am

A chick proposed to me once, I told her not to be so stupid. She didn't talk to me for a day! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2047 times
Been liked: 3891 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:27 am

Wedgie wrote:A chick proposed to me once, I told her not to be so stupid. She didn't talk to me for a day! :lol:

Would have been my advice too. ;) :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:28 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Went to the zoo on Boxing Day to propose to the missus in front of the Tigers, Rocky Balboa style... Yeah lame I know but if I did anything out of the ordinary she would have caught on. She's not exactly the wine and dine type...

The Eye of the Yellow footed Rock Wallaby! Yo Wubbsy!! You did it!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:33 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:A chick proposed to me once, I told her not to be so stupid. She didn't talk to me for a day! :lol:

Agreed, I don't see the relevance/importance of a signed piece of paper. I do like other people's weddings though if they include booze and a good feed.
Next one Ive been invited to is vegan, **** that! :evil:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2047 times
Been liked: 3891 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:45 am

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:

Agreed, I don't see the relevance/importance of a signed piece of paper. I do like other people's weddings though if they include booze and a good feed.
Next one Ive been invited to is vegan, **** that! :evil:

If a wedding isn't an Open Bar affair, I'll avoid it like the plague.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby HH3 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:48 am

Like the over the top classy guy I am, I did it in our home office just after taking the cat shit out to the bin.

Mrs HH3 was on the computer playing The Sims, so I knelt down behind her and got her to turn around. First thing she said was "you better not be f**king around!". She said that because she knows me well enough to know that it is something I would do.

She cried tears of joy that day. Now I need to remind her almost daily that she's the f**kin idiot that said yes, and now shes stuck with me.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Q. » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:05 pm

Deserted beach in Senegal on Xmas Day 2009.

Divorce pending 2016.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:12 pm

Laying in bed, in the first house we'd lived in together - 1A, Luther Road, Loxton - and watching tv.
It may even have been during the ICC World Cup in England.
"So, whaddoya reckon, we should get married?"
Obviously, I had to convince her I was serious. We'd already been together for 10 years, by that point.
Hadn't asked her folks. Hadn't planned anything.
I probably let her down - but haven't since.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Christmas Eve, half cut after work Christmas drinks, in the kitchen....really romantic
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby HH3 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:46 pm

Brodlach wrote:Christmas Eve, half cut after work Christmas drinks, in the kitchen....really romantic

I would've said yes too
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:49 pm

She probably regrets saying yes everyday, only been 18 years

I think I said " here, do you want this?"
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:30 pm

Brodlach wrote:She probably regrets saying yes everyday, only been 18 years

I think I said " here, do you want this?"

Same way the kids came along? ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:53 pm

Nah she rolled over onto a wet spot
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby am Bays » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:12 pm

RustyCage wrote:Image

Still a bit off for me but something that's in the back of my mind, the whole how and when. For those of you who've had the ball and chain attached to your leg, interested to hear your stories of how you popped the question.

You'll stuff it up or you'll F*** up some small part of it that was in her mind that you were totally unaware of, and in 10 years time it will be brought up in some totally unrelated conversation......

Tread carefully
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:27 pm

am Bays wrote:
RustyCage wrote:Image

You'll stuff it up or you'll F*** up some small part of it that was in her mind that you were totally unaware of, and in 10 years time it will be brought up in some totally unrelated conversation......

Tread carefully

Oh no, it's related....it's just you've got no ******* idea on how it is.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Next

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion