Salisbury
11%
Westminster OS
14%

Total votes : 85

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Postby SATCHEL » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:10 pm

Smooth and creamy wrote:Appology welcomed anytime satchel

wouldn't have thought so. Said no disrespect in my original comment. If my comment was targeted then of course i would. More along the lines of the comment of more SFL teams coming in when two were already voted and approved. PH to Div 7 so the concrete hadn't really set yet had it? Especially when its started with the word FACT. Sorry CONCRETE FACT.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby S Demon » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:16 pm

Para Hills have signed about 10 from their premiership team in 2015 already. Div 7 will be a cake walk for them
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby SATCHEL » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:18 pm

S Demon wrote:Para Hills have signed about 10 from their premiership team in 2015 already. Div 7 will be a cake walk for them

i hope they can re-build and put the past 18 months behind them. The comp is better with them in it. Its never good to see any club pull out of the competition for whatever that reason may be.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Q. » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:34 pm

S Demon wrote:Para Hills have signed about 10 from their premiership team in 2015 already. Div 7 will be a cake walk for them

They will push to be in a higher Div should a spot be available I reckon
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby wonder_kid » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:39 pm

Ep to win tomorrow

Salis in the other game!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby valleys07 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:45 pm

From the Amateur League:

The League Executive has had the unenviable task of determining the immediate future of the Pooraka Football Club as a result of their fifth report for the season and in turn breaching the terms and conditions of an Amended Affiliation Agreement.

As a result, The Pooraka Football Club has been advised it will be graded in the Division 5 competition in season 2017 as against Division 4.

The League Executive has also determined that both 2016 Division 5 Grand Finalists will be promoted as against the original intention of just the premier in lieu of Pooraka’s demotion. It is The League’s belief that in these circumstances, the Division 5 Runner Up should be promoted as against a Division 4 club who would have been relegated in any event.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:51 pm

That bloke in the C grade is going to be popular!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:58 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:That bloke in the C grade is going to be popular!

Surely no less popular that the other 4 players who were suspended at the tribunal
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Demon Juke » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:06 pm

valleys07 wrote:From the Amateur League:

The League Executive has had the unenviable task of determining the immediate future of the Pooraka Football Club as a result of their fifth report for the season and in turn breaching the terms and conditions of an Amended Affiliation Agreement.

As a result, The Pooraka Football Club has been advised it will be graded in the Division 5 competition in season 2017 as against Division 4.

The League Executive has also determined that both 2016 Division 5 Grand Finalists will be promoted as against the original intention of just the premier in lieu of Pooraka’s demotion. It is The League’s belief that in these circumstances, the Division 5 Runner Up should be promoted as against a Division 4 club who would have been relegated in any event.

All the other Grades will be happy (not) only the div 5 Grand Finalists go up. The Executive seam to be making this up as go! You would think Eastern Park in the "B" Grade would be pissed as they should have had a double chance in the "B" Grade last week.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:15 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
valleys07 wrote:From the Amateur League:

All the other Grades will be happy (not) only the div 5 Grand Finalists go up. The Executive seam to be making this up as go! You would think Eastern Park in the "B" Grade would be pissed as they should have had a double chance in the "B" Grade last week.

Given the Executive was unlikely to anticipate a Pooraka player snapping causing them to lose premiership points after the season had been completed of course they're responding to a situation as it develops. It's what Boards do.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby adr107 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:27 pm

wonder_kid wrote:Ep to win tomorrow

Salis in the other game!

Wait, theres football being played amongst all this?!?
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Yank Man » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:04 pm

adr107 wrote:

Salis in the other game!

Hahaha, yep and let's hope Towns B's put Pooraka in a prelim and Salisbury or Hope Valley put them away next week. Would make an absolute mockery of the situation if Pooraka went on to win a flag.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:27 pm

We're coming across to the SAAFL next year but I've been reading the SAAFL forums for several years and it seems some of you blokes care far too much about B grade success and flags. Not much use making a B grade grand final if your A grade get relegated.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:33 pm

Yank Man wrote:
adr107 wrote:

Salis in the other game!

Hahaha, yep and let's hope Towns B's put Pooraka in a prelim and Salisbury or Hope Valley put them away next week. Would make an absolute mockery of the situation if Pooraka went on to win a flag.

Whether it's a mockery or not they have been the form side of the comp in the second half of the season and in that time they were definitely the best team we played. They've been my tip for the flag the past month and IMO will be deserving winners if they get there.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10331 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:44 pm

Down the Hill wrote:We're coming across to the SAAFL next year but I've been reading the SAAFL forums for several years and it seems some of you blokes care far too much about B grade success and flags. Not much use making a B grade grand final if your A grade get relegated.

Totally agree DTH, the only ones who care about B and C/D premierships are the players and their parents! Means nothing if you keep getting relegated from Div 4 to Div 5 to Div 6!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Yank Man » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:27 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:We're coming across to the SAAFL next year but I've been reading the SAAFL forums for several years and it seems some of you blokes care far too much about B grade success and flags. Not much use making a B grade grand final if your A grade get relegated.

Totally agree DTH, the only ones who care about B and C/D premierships are the players and their parents! Means nothing if you keep getting relegated from Div 4 to Div 5 to Div 6!

Totally agree too, but a club that gets relegated on bad behaviour should not be in a position to shove it up the noses of the people who give them the the right to continue as a club. Look all I am saying is Rosewater are wearing their sanction, all grades, I think the league got this one wrong and frankly Pooraka's B's should be in the same position as Rosie's, out of action.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby stan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:45 pm

Well go into the div 3 thread and start mouthing off then.

Looking at the season Morphies park have gad are they really going to be competitive in div 4?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby bubba love » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:07 pm

Tipping WOS to beat EP tomorrow, WOS are a different side in finals
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:30 pm

Yank Man wrote:Totally agree too, but a club that gets relegated on bad behaviour should not be in a position to shove it up the noses of the people who give them the the right to continue as a club. Look all I am saying is Rosewater are wearing their sanction, all grades, I think the league got this one wrong and frankly Pooraka's B's should be in the same position as Rosie's, out of action.

All well and good but unfortunately if the league pulled Pooraka today, towns would go straight to a GF (which I know you wouldn't mind) but it means that by the time the GF was played, Towns wouldn't have kicked a footy for almost a month.

Probably not an ideal lead up ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby stan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:36 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Totally agree too, but a club that gets relegated on bad behaviour should not be in a position to shove it up the noses of the people who give them the the right to continue as a club. Look all I am saying is Rosewater are wearing their sanction, all grades, I think the league got this one wrong and frankly Pooraka's B's should be in the same position as Rosie's, out of action.

All well and good but unfortunately if the league pulled Pooraka today, towns would go straight to a GF (which I know you wouldn't mind) but it means that by the time the GF was played, Towns wouldn't have kicked a footy for almost a month.

Probably not an ideal lead up ;)

Fair old mess really.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League