Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Postby cracka » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:30 pm

I'm wondering if you have a 2nd account under the name oyster as you both seem to use this forum to push an agenda. :roll:
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby inside word » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:47 pm

cracka wrote:I'm wondering if you have a 2nd account under the name oyster as you both seem to use this forum to push an agenda. :roll:

You must be a very bored man to think that! Maybe we are 2 guys who actually know something about the game?
inside word
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby cracka » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:32 pm

inside word wrote:
cracka wrote:I'm wondering if you have a 2nd account under the name oyster as you both seem to use this forum to push an agenda. :roll:

You must be a very bored man to think that! Maybe we are 2 guys who actually know something about the game?

Yeah, maybe. :D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby inside word » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:39 pm

I see one of the current members of this association is running to get on the saca board....... Surely he wont be voted in, he's been involved in ruining this comp, if he gets voted in to the saca the saca will even be a bigger shambles!
inside word
Rookie

Postby heater31 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:42 pm

inside word wrote:I see one of the current members of this association is running to get on the saca board....... Surely he wont be voted in, he's been involved in ruining this comp, if he gets voted in to the saca the saca will even be a bigger shambles!

It's slightly concerning that there are several candidates from community cricket running when the top level of club cricket can't get itself sorted out....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Buffet bowler » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:28 pm

G'day all, long time viewer first time poster here. Does anyone know where I can see who the saca candidates are??
Buffet bowler
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:14 pm

Buffet bowler wrote:G'day all, long time viewer first time poster here. Does anyone know where I can see who the saca candidates are??

Not sure, I just did a quick google search and turned up nothing except that candidates need to provide written nominations to the returning officer. Perhaps these will be placed on the website once applications close?
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby heater31 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:17 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
Buffet bowler wrote:G'day all, long time viewer first time poster here. Does anyone know where I can see who the saca candidates are??

Not sure, I just did a quick google search and turned up nothing except that candidates need to provide written nominations to the returning officer. Perhaps these will be placed on the website once applications close?

applications have closed and voting is open.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Buffet bowler » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:24 pm

That's ok, I just wanted to know who it was inside word was bagging :shock:
Buffet bowler
Mini-League

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:48 pm

Buffet bowler wrote:That's ok, I just wanted to know who it was inside word was bagging :shock:

President of A&EHCA is running as a candidate for the SACA board.
He also was a candidate for the NXT for the seat of Adelaide in the recent election and did extremely well in the vote for a 1st timer.

Good on him for putting his hand up and having a go, as if all sat around whinging instead of having a go, then things really would be a shambles.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby scott » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 am

jackpot jim wrote:
Buffet bowler wrote:That's ok, I just wanted to know who it was inside word was bagging :shock:

President of A&EHCA is running as a candidate for the SACA board.
He also was a candidate for the NXT for the seat of Adelaide in the recent election and did extremely well in the vote for a 1st timer.

Good on him for putting his hand up and having a go, as if all sat around whinging instead of having a go, then things really would be a shambles.

Agree jackpot jim. Good on Joe for giving it a go. He's been very proactive and transparent in his approach towards the AEHCA Presidency. He has a very strong link and is very passionate about the local community which underpins his intention for board election and more recently his running for the federal seat of Adelaide.
scott
Veteran

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Buffet bowler » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:39 am

I completely agree with you Jackpot, it's all to easy for people to sit on the sidelines whining without any inclination to do anything.
FWIW I'm looking forward to this AEHCA season and as others have said before if the one dayers don't work, I'm sure there are motions in place that can reverse the changes.
Buffet bowler
Mini-League

Postby inside word » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:38 am

Buffet bowler wrote:I completely agree with you Jackpot, it's all to easy for people to sit on the sidelines whining without any inclination to do anything.
FWIW I'm looking forward to this AEHCA season and as others have said before if the one dayers don't work, I'm sure there are motions in place that can reverse the changes.

If he was such a commanding leader finnis would be in the A grade?
inside word
Rookie

Postby scott » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:04 am

inside word wrote:
Buffet bowler wrote:I completely agree with you Jackpot, it's all to easy for people to sit on the sidelines whining without any inclination to do anything.

Ha. The bloke literally pioneered the club's rise from the dead. Try again.

You seem like a top bloke of good charater - you know, not afraid to make sweeping statements and baseless remarks while taking pot shots at people all the while hiding behind an alter-ego. If only I had that courage...
scott
Veteran

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:58 am

inside word wrote:

Speaking of people sitting on the sidelines whinging, enter Inside Word right on cue :lol:
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Buffet bowler » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:51 am

i guess on forums it good to have different views and opinions to stimulate debate, but I can't help feeling that some people's views are purely to try and stir controversy, which is fine but probably best to take with a pinch of salt???
Buffet bowler
Mini-League

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:19 am

heater31 wrote:

applications have closed and voting is open.

thanks Heater
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby inside word » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:49 pm

In my opinion well done nominating, but when I cast my vote I will be voting for people with a lot more credibility.
inside word
Rookie

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:57 pm

inside word wrote:In my opinion well done nominating, but when I cast my vote I will be voting for people with a lot more credibility.

Howdy Inside Word, I reakon its a bit rough to blame an individual for the vote to play all one day cricket in A Grade. All clubs and Association Committee members had a vote on the matter not just Joe. In fact, all Joe did was upheld the rules of the constitution in how the vote would be received and voted upon as per his role as President. He didn't put the motion forward, didn't try to persuade anyone to vote in a particular way, and didn't influence the vote in any way. I therefore don't understand why you seem to be so annoyed with him and the Association Committee? I get that you are not happy with the new format, and there are probably others who feel the way you do, but it's not any individual's doing, it was a democratic process as determined by the rules of the Association and the 2/3rds majority required to enact a change voted in favour. Democracy might not be perfect but its the best system we've got ;)
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby inside word » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:58 pm

Can't have an opinion on the bloke Roxy? I know you're good mates with him so entitled to defend him.
inside word
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps