HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Alaska » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:24 pm

footytragic001971 wrote:Well, what an amazing last round.
Lobethal miss out.
Great come back from Uraidla. Probably shouldn't have written off such a proud and strong group!!
Lobethal would be very disappointed in the wash up. When was the last time a team played in the courier cup final and then didn't make the finals???
The Hahndorf versus TV result was a little more one sided than was expected. Puts Hahndorf in a very powerful position, and losing Pratt is a big out for TV. They will do well to get over Blackwood this week, even though they have had the wood over them twice this year.

Did I hear right that Mt Barker have a lot of injuries??? Maybe Uraidla to beat them again???

They know how to beat Barker in Finals! ;)
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby thevoice » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:26 am

Alaska wrote:
footytragic001971 wrote:Well, what an amazing last round.
Lobethal miss out.
Great come back from Uraidla. Probably shouldn't have written off such a proud and strong group!!
Lobethal would be very disappointed in the wash up. When was the last time a team played in the courier cup final and then didn't make the finals???
The Hahndorf versus TV result was a little more one sided than was expected. Puts Hahndorf in a very powerful position, and losing Pratt is a big out for TV. They will do well to get over Blackwood this week, even though they have had the wood over them twice this year.

Did I hear right that Mt Barker have a lot of injuries??? Maybe Uraidla to beat them again???

They know how to beat Barker in Finals! ;)

MB will get a few back this week, but Hughes is crocked. Season over.
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby footytragic001971 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:38 pm

Ouch that is a big loss for mt barker.
Hughes is their best player isn't he??

Did I hear right the grand final is at Lobethal?
Any thoughts on who that suits best??
footytragic001971
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby batmanbegins » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:18 pm

footytragic001971 wrote:Ouch that is a big loss for mt barker.

Hughes is the second best player in the comp behind O'brien. Will probably come runner up in the Mail medal this year as he did last year and has already won one. Huge loss if out as he sets up so much of their quick ball movement with his brilliant hand passing in tight. Can't see them winning with him out.

Difficult to see anybody beating hahndorf now that TV have some injury problems but you never know.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:58 pm

Sorry batman, I cant agree with you that Hughes is the second best player in the comp.
Not even sure you are right that O'Brien is the best player in the comp.

No doubt that are both excellent players, and I expect O'Brien will win the medal reasonably easily,
but I think Jaensch and Hourigan may have a claim to be in that discussion.

Not to mention Kurt Thompson
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby always there » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:27 pm

batmanbegins wrote:

Hughes is the second best player in the comp behind O'brien. Will probably come runner up in the Mail medal this year as he did last year and has already won one. Huge loss if out as he sets up so much of their quick ball movement with his brilliant hand passing in tight. Can't see them winning with him out.

Difficult to see anybody beating hahndorf now that TV have some injury problems but you never know.
batmanbegins wrote:

I think you will find Hughes was not runner up last year, Tim Jenkin was second on 17 and Matt Jenkin was third on 16 behind the winner Paul Scott from Hahndorf. And I reckon Tim Jenkin may have bee equal second in 2014.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby overthehill » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:36 pm

O'Brien is the best in the comp by a mile. Jaensch and Hourigan both fantastic players and play their positions brilliantly but i don't think you could over look O'Brien as the best in the comp.
O'Brien, Jaensch, Hourigan, Hughes and Thompson will all comfortably be in the team of the year either way
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:48 pm

It looks like I'll be heading up the hill to Hahndorf on Saturday to see the Torrens Valley - Blackwood game.

As it's going to be my first HFL game, I have a few questions to ask.

- Does the HFL have a gameday program?
- Are there many good vantage points at the ground?
- What would be a good time to get to the ground?
- How much does it cost to get into the ground?

Sorry for bothering you, I suppose I'm just keen to get out for a look.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby cracka » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:27 pm

If by program you mean a budget with player lists, then yes (free with entry)
Hahndorf oval has good viewing as it's cut (long ways) into a hill.
Game times are
MC 8.30am
JC 9.40am
SC 11am
B 12.40pm
A 2.30pm
If you want to sit in your car & watch the game you'll need to get there early.
I think it's still $10 entry. Couple of years ago could pay $15 & see both finals on the same weekend.
Hope this helps.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Failed Creation » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:42 am

You've been a huge help, mate. You're a deadset legend.

The only positive about my club not making finals is that I can get out and watch other leagues.

I can't wait for Saturday, and I might even bring my camera.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Banker » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:21 am

I'd suggest printing off last weeks teams for accurate guernsey numbers, the budget is usually way off:

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info ... 6621-0-0-0
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:15 am

Two really interesting finals this week.
Can mt barker lift themselves up and get over Uraidla this week. I suspect it is unlikely. One player doesn't make a team, but
Tom Hughes is a huge loss for Mt Barker. Uraidla somehow got up for last weeks game after being flogged the week before.
Will be a great effort if they get up again, but I am going to select Uraidla to win, but not by a lot.

Torrens Valley v Blackwood will also be a good contest. Torrens Valley should get Hunter back, but Pratt is a big loss.
TV beat Blackwood both times during the season and that should count for something, but I am going to back an upset and
select Blackwood to win and play Hahndorf in the second semi.

Mail medal next week and it is well documented that Jesse Obrien is the favourite for the central medal.
Who is the favourite for the Country medal.
Don't they also give a coach of the year award??
Any tips for that?
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:53 pm

always there wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:

batmanbegins wrote:

I think you will find Hughes was not runner up last year, Tim Jenkin was second on 17 and Matt Jenkin was third on 16 behind the winner Paul Scott from Hahndorf. And I reckon Tim Jenkin may have bee equal second in 2014.

My apologies should of looked it up, I do remember Hughes getting injured the year after he won the mail medal but before he got injured was looking good to go back to back. Anyway their all top line players, just up to personal opinion.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:18 pm

Looking forward a great weekend of footy with what appears to be some good weather (some late showers on Sunday maybe).

Intriguing game tomorrow. TV smarting from a big loss last week and a key player down. Blackwood won, but I wouldnt say it was convincing - you wont win many games if you kick 1.2 in the last half of a game like they did against Lobey last week. I wouldnt be suprised if Blackwood won, but Torrens Valley i reckon will get over the line and front up to Hahndorf again for the 2nd time in 3 weeks.

Hats off to Uraidla - cant keep them down! This game will be tight, but the wise old heads of Uraidla will prevail and Mt Barker will be out come Sunday night.

Based on form to date, I really cant see anyone beating Hahndorf - but fully realise that finals is a different ball game and anything is possible - they did it last year - but I cant see a team that has as much momentum as what Hahndorf had last year going into the finals.

Either way, the battle for who will play in the Grand Final is certainly not settled, I can see Uri getting to a Prelim at least with the experience they have.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:59 pm

Good observations I reckon wazz.
Hahndorf clearly are going well and are favourites, but funny things happen in finals.
I reckon it is also true that they had momentum going into the final series last year, so coming from
fourth wasn't a huge issue. I don't see anyone in this years finals in that position.

Doesn't mean the games won't be hard fought and interesting. Really looking forward to this final series.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby rock » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:07 pm

I find it interesting how the Board of the HFL can allow a permit for a B grade Onkas player who has played 10 A grade games and 7 B grade games. There is actually a rule that states a player is only eligible to play finals if they have played the majority of their games in that grade. Well apparently rules and laws don't apply to certain members of the HFL Board. What a shame some clubs have to resort to a win at all costs 'cheating' attitude and whats even more shameful is these Board Members condone it. May as well just toss the rule book out.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:26 pm

rock wrote:I find it interesting how the Board of the HFL can allow a permit for a B grade Onkas player who has played 10 A grade games and 7 B grade games. There is actually a rule that states a player is only eligible to play finals if they have played the majority of their games in that grade. Well apparently rules and laws don't apply to certain members of the HFL Board. What a shame some clubs have to resort to a win at all costs 'cheating' attitude and whats even more shameful is these Board Members condone it. May as well just toss the rule book out.

The sad thing is when the breach of the by law was bought to the Board Member's attention they have decided to do nothing about it. Stinks of one thing to me.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Omron » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:42 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:
rock wrote:I find it interesting how the Board of the HFL can allow a permit for a B grade Onkas player who has played 10 A grade games and 7 B grade games. There is actually a rule that states a player is only eligible to play finals if they have played the majority of their games in that grade. Well apparently rules and laws don't apply to certain members of the HFL Board. What a shame some clubs have to resort to a win at all costs 'cheating' attitude and whats even more shameful is these Board Members condone it. May as well just toss the rule book out.

The sad thing is when the breach of the by law was bought to the Board Member's attention they have decided to do nothing about it. Stinks of one thing to me.

Typical useless HFL they did it in the C grade finals and now doing it again but omg don't complain to them because they will just look at you with a stupid smile and so sorry nothing I can do
Omron
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby rock » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:05 pm

I think the CFL has been made aware of this one now. It's just too obvious and corrupt to ignore.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:45 am

Has played the last 3 weeks in the B Grade. So would say not in Onkas best 21. Most teams would apply for the same permit for a player in a similar situation.
Sideshow Bob
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy