Crows 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2016

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:05 pm

cracka wrote:
bennymacca wrote:They just played Eddie betts' comments that he made on 5aa on 360.

What a class act.

Quickly becoming one of my all time favourite players

Totally agree. Would love to know if Booney's opinion of him has changed at all in the last week.

Yeah just what we all want, more of Booneys opinion ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:05 pm

cracka wrote:
bennymacca wrote:They just played Eddie betts' comments that he made on 5aa on 360.

What a class act.

Totally agree. Would love to know if Booney's opinion of him has changed at all in the last week.

daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:06 pm

cracka wrote:

What a class act.

daysofourlives
Coach

Postby cracka » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:31 am

Just in case we didn't read it the first 3 times eh daisy :D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:50 pm

He's making it harder to hate him. But I'm up for a challenge.

I'll post it once.

**** up, front runner.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:02 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:I think its early signs the afl want a Victorian team in the top two. Eagles will get a dream run with the umpires Friday night

Good Days we will gladly accept :-)

Im right again ;)
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:12 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:I think its early signs the afl want a Victorian team in the top two. Eagles will get a dream run with the umpires Friday night

Good Days we will gladly accept :-)

Im right again ;)

First time I am glad your right ever ;-)
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:22 pm

Don't get me wrong. Massive cock up tonight. We let ourselves down, done a lot right in the last 18 months, but this went arse up.We'll finish 5th and the scoreboard doesn't lie. We are going to see how they are in 2 weeks time.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby MW » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:35 pm

If there were doubts about taking Thommo around again in 2017, I think tonight might have sealed his fate and would not be surprised if he announces his retirement this week or next. Not just this week but the last few his slow decision making has made him look very slow and he's not the fastest out there as it is which is to be expected after 300 plus games.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:56 am

MW wrote:If there were doubts about taking Thommo around again in 2017, I think tonight might have sealed his fate and would not be surprised if he announces his retirement this week or next. Not just this week but the last few his slow decision making has made him look very slow and he's not the fastest out there as it is which is to be expected after 300 plus games.

Think you should wait and see how in goes in the finals before making that call.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Wedgie » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:58 am

High pressure game last night, almost finals like.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Ruben Carter » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:12 am

MW wrote:If there were doubts about taking Thommo around again in 2017, I think tonight might have sealed his fate and would not be surprised if he announces his retirement this week or next. Not just this week but the last few his slow decision making has made him look very slow and he's not the fastest out there as it is which is to be expected after 300 plus games.

Good call MW, I think father time has caught up with him. Been a great warrior but Crows will make a tough call if he doesn't. I wouldn't even pick him for next match.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby UK Fan » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:12 am

Ruben Carter wrote:

Good call MW, I think father time has caught up with him. Been a great warrior but Crows will make a tough call if he doesn't. I wouldn't even pick him for next match.

He is no Jay Schultz
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Reddeer » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:39 pm

Ain't gonna be any premiership playing like that
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:33 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Wedgie wrote:OK, point completely missed by a couple but I'll explain and as I said its very evident watching both their sides in matches this year. Everyone has insiders that get the ball, always have, always will, that's completely irrelevant.
Once they get the ball they'll do anything to avoid a contest, this quite often includes making extremely difficult high risk plays.
Other clubs on the other hand prefer the safer option by kicking to a contest while others are even more extreme and look for a contest.
So many goals I saw in the games I've sat (or stood) watching Adelaide are poor turn overs on the half back line. Either skill levels will rise to make this less of an issue or as pressure rises in finals make it more of an issue which is to me why there's a big question mark hanging over the Crows.
No insult intended, I have a much bigger question mark over my own team for different reasons, as I said before the Crows style is also a high scoring exciting brand at times which is great to watch, I'm just unsure as to how it will hold up in finals.

gee didn't know being able to score goals would be an disadvantage trying to win a finals match :lol:

With me now after last nights finals like game Einstein?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:00 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:

Think you should wait and see how in goes in the finals before making that call.

Cooked. Hope the Cows keep playing him.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby nolongerthere » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:40 pm

Thommo is a turnover merchant and he had a few team mates last night, u can get away with it against the lesser sides but the better sides make u pay, any side that pays little attention to Gaff and Co gets what it deserves. ;)
nolongerthere

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby Bum Crack » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:36 am

Getting pretty quick to jump on the end of him bandwagon. Hadn't heard that talk before last night. Bloke has a bad game and he's done. Better get jenkins betts lyions and crew to clean the locker out too. U got beaten by a good team and hardly anyone got a touch. Don't be too quick to judge. He's a good player who had a bad game. Typical crow shit saying he needs to retire. That's why i can't stand your team. Because of u knobs saying this shit.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Magellan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:40 am

Bum Crack wrote:Getting pretty quick to jump on the end of him bandwagon. Hadn't heard that talk before last night. Bloke has a bad game and he's done. Better get jenkins betts lyions and crew to clean the locker out too. U got beaten by a good team and hardly anyone got a touch. Don't be too quick to judge. He's a good player who had a bad game. Typical crow shit saying he needs to retire. That's why i can't stand your team. Because of u knobs saying this shit.

Everyone sees the game differently, but I'd say it's well understood particularly by Crows fans that Thompson gets plenty of the ball but is not that efficient with his disposal. He's also getting on in age therefore the question about his retirement is to be expected.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Bum Crack » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:06 am

Magellan wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Getting pretty quick to jump on the end of him bandwagon. Hadn't heard that talk before last night. Bloke has a bad game and he's done. Better get jenkins betts lyions and crew to clean the locker out too. U got beaten by a good team and hardly anyone got a touch. Don't be too quick to judge. He's a good player who had a bad game. Typical crow shit saying he needs to retire. That's why i can't stand your team. Because of u knobs saying this shit.

Everyone sees the game differently, but I'd say it's well understood particularly by Crows fans that Thompson gets plenty of the ball but is not that efficient with his disposal. He's also getting on in age therefore the question about his retirement is to be expected.

It wasn't questioned most of the year by them
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL