Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:25 pm

I believe some people aren't convinced Hackham will be there next year.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby vics01 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:50 pm

DTH

Haven't heard that DTH..
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby shoe boy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:33 am

Vics01 what have you heard ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby SJP » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:38 am

Word around the grounds is Hackham only committing to a C Grade next season
SJP
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby spot on » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:56 pm

SJP wrote:Word around the grounds is Hackham only committing to a C Grade next season

I have heard they have applied to go to Hills Country (Div 2).
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby Animus » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:46 pm

This weeks tips:

(1v4) QF1: Morphett Vale v Flagstaff Hill @ Noarlunga - Falcons to win, in what i guess is an upset

(2v3) QF2: Noarlunga v Brighton @ Marion - Shoes are in form at the right time of year.

(5v8) EF1: Port Noarlunga v Christies Beach @ Porties - Going with the Cockledivers in a close one

(6v7) EF2: Reynella v Morphettville Park @ Christies Beach - Wineflies to win comfortably
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby afc9798 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:56 pm

Animus wrote:This weeks tips:

(1v4) QF1: Morphett Vale v Flagstaff Hill @ Noarlunga - Falcons to win, in what i guess is an upset

(2v3) QF2: Noarlunga v Brighton @ Marion - Shoes are in form at the right time of year.

(5v8) EF1: Port Noarlunga v Christies Beach @ Porties - Going with the Cockledivers in a close one

(6v7) EF2: Reynella v Morphettville Park @ Christies Beach - Wineflies to win comfortably

I'm going on form purely, although I think Reynella vs Morphies might be a little closer than expected:

Emus over Falcons by 21 points
Shoes over Brighton by 10 points
Porties over Christies by 24 points
Winies over Roos by 18 points

Although given the tightness at the top of the ladder this season, would not be surprised at any result that happened. Good luck to all participating in the finals, hope to see some great games as a neutral observer in the A grade :oops: :oops:
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Kick&ACatch » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:40 pm

ahhh finals the best time of the year... looking like there will be some cracking games in all grades in round 1!

Falcons over Emus by 10 points
Bombers over Shoes by 4 Points
Porties over Christies by 22 points
Winies over Roos by 55 points

Goodluck to all teams involved :)
Kick&ACatch
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby King » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:38 pm

I am surprised there are no posts regarding the w/e finals. Flaggies certainly had their best win of the season. Had more than doubled the Emus score before they kicked the last three goals in "junk" time. Unfortunately not all good news for the Falcons. Sam Smith broke his arm and is now done for the season stranded on 96 goals.
King
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby shoe boy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:59 pm

King wrote:I am surprised there are no posts regarding the w/e finals. Flaggies certainly had their best win of the season. Had more than doubled the Emus score before they kicked the last three goals in "junk" time. Unfortunately not all good news for the Falcons. Sam Smith broke his arm and is now done for the season stranded on 96 goals.

Yes good game King and great to have finals footy back.
Bad luck for Sam and by the looks Liam Green on one leg had no impact .

Or lads beaten by a good Brighton but have gave themselves the chance to back up this wend . Our B grade played well as did the 18 and 16 . Bad luck to the 14 side but will learn and look forward to 2017.

Down playing kids WTF , I agree to a point but some sides should be called under 15 and make a mockery of the rule.
Just to clarify we had a number of kids over the years who just miss the cut off for age groups but on the w/end !!!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:54 pm

You talking about Aldinga SB? They have 3-4 u16's playing in the Under 14's and are all big lads and doesn't seem right that they can play against little 12yo's.

Great win by Flaggies A grade on the weekend, plenty of work ahead though.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:You talking about Aldinga SB? They have 3-4 u16's playing in the Under 14's and are all big lads and doesn't seem right that they can play against little 12yo's.

Great win by Flaggies A grade on the weekend, plenty of work ahead though.

I didn't say that but wouldn't disagree [-(

Dutchy when you have kids that not only are physically bigger and can kick 50 and read the game and play on ball ,it makes a mockery of the process .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:17 pm

Should the Brighton U14s be concerned with this Shoe Boy. You saw our U14s yesterday and they are a small team with more 13 year olds than 14 year olds. Our team has one lad on a permit who is 10 days overage and looks about 12 and I can't recall him getting any more than a handful of touches yesterday. This is what the rule is intended!!!
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby strike me pink » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:17 pm

Yes Flaggies way too good on Saturday - played very well, apart from Bodey in the Ruck we didnt have many winners around the ground at all I thought, playing sides where we kicked 70 odd goals in the last 2 weeks probably put us in a bit of cruise mode, hopefully just a wake up call and hit back against Porties this week. - Emu's and Shoes Top 2 both got beaten and suffered injuries by the sound - that's Finals Footy
strike me pink
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby MW » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:21 pm

I was walking my dog and came across Noarlunga v Brighton at Marion oval on the weekend. Two things stood out...the scoring to the sturt road end with the breeze was very noticeable, and the amount of swearing by the players was a tad too much, when my 6 year old daughter asks me "Daddy, what does f**king hell mean, those men keep saying it"
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:00 pm

MW wrote:I was walking my dog and came across Noarlunga v Brighton at Marion oval on the weekend. Two things stood out...the scoring to the sturt road end with the breeze was very noticeable, and the amount of swearing by the players was a tad too much, when my 6 year old daughter asks me "Daddy, what does f**king hell mean, those men keep saying it"

So concerned with my earlier post that I said it 3 times!!! Sorry people WiFi playing up.

Lots of scoring at one end because of strong wind and players swearing. Thanks for your input MW. What planet did you just arrive from?
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby afc9798 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:06 pm

Down the Hill wrote:
MW wrote:I was walking my dog and came across Noarlunga v Brighton at Marion oval on the weekend. Two things stood out...the scoring to the sturt road end with the breeze was very noticeable, and the amount of swearing by the players was a tad too much, when my 6 year old daughter asks me "Daddy, what does f**king hell mean, those men keep saying it"

So concerned with my earlier post that I said it 3 times!!! Sorry people WiFi playing up.

Lots of scoring at one end because of strong wind and players swearing. Thanks for your input MW. What planet did you just arrive from?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm more worried about what the poor dog was exposed to...
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby MW » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:30 pm

Down the Hill wrote:

Piss off idiot. Don't expect decent families to attend your rank competition with the redneck behavior of your players
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:40 pm

Some ridiculously low scoring games in the u14's on the weekend :shock:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:00 pm

MW wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:

Piss off idiot. Don't expect decent families to attend your rank competition with the redneck behavior of your players

It's ok mate, the "idiots" will "piss off" to the parklands league next year so that should get rid of the potty language out of our "rank competition".

Please avoid using insults in this thread, or don't post if you cannot control yourself.

I hope your daughter does not read your post.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL