West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby S Demon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:57 pm

Zartan wrote:
Milly wrote:Having a quick look at that Tribunal list and very surprised one hearing managed to be kept so quite

Adam Rumbelow striking an umpire? :lol:

That's on there
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby zedman » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:04 pm

S Demon wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Milly wrote:Having a quick look at that Tribunal list and very surprised one hearing managed to be kept so quite

Adam Rumbelow striking an umpire? :lol:

That's on there

do you mean the lodge one for 12 games?

http://www.adelaidefootball.com.au/wp-c ... -web-1.pdf
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby BZB27 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:40 pm

Just cant imagine Motley being like that he is such a lovely fellow on the field.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby morell » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:44 pm

By the way, McBride's "unduly rough play" was him attempting to slap the arm off of an opponent who grabbed him from behind when attempting to lead - he obviously collected him high as the player was dazed. The player sent in a dramatic and exaggerated testimony which was amazingly clear and cognisant for someone with "concussion".

We gave up trying to argue that it was just a football accident and took the two weeks as it would probably end up being 4.

Quite amazing that a player can get suspended with no umpire report, no non-subjective witness statements and no medically diagnosed injury... based solely on an oppositions players recollection of events.

Process for those types of situations needs a bit of a review IMO.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:46 pm

The tribunal system at the top level is a shambles with every bit of evidence possible available to them.. What chance do the SAAFL tribunal have really?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby morell » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:51 pm

Oh its tough.

I don't think players testimony should be considered in that situation. Otherwise it's too easy to write a scathing email and send it off to sink a player that you've got beef with.

either follow the official tribunal process and get to the bottom of it or don't... this trial by email shouldn't be able to occur.
morell
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:52 pm

Completely agree
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby SATCHEL » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:52 pm

human_torpedo wrote:The tribunal system at the top level is a shambles with every bit of evidence possible available to them.. What chance do the SAAFL tribunal have really?

Without getting myself in trouble or causing an uproar here. The only advice that i can give any person or any club is get someone to record/video tape your games. Its the same with Dash Cams. If you have physical and hard evidence/proof of innocence or guilt. There's no point. The league do the best with the information and evidence at hand. However, unless you are there to admit guilt it's by far a very much a one sided affair. No disrespect to the league and the panel on the tribunal at all. That's just the hard truth of it. I also believe, that if a report is not made by any officials officiating the game, a testimony form a player r someone form the opposing club is adequate. Unless your an old collegian and or QC.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:53 pm

morell wrote:Oh its tough.

I don't think players testimony should be considered in that situation. Otherwise it's too easy to write a scathing email and send it off to sink a player that you've got beef with.

Prob didn't help that McBride looks like Hulk on Roids :lol: try convincing someone whose never seen him that he's really a gentle lad :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby morell » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:05 pm

Zartan wrote:

Prob didn't help that McBride looks like Hulk on Roids :lol: try convincing someone whose never seen him that he's really a gentle lad :lol:
And that was a huge reason behind why we didn't take it further. One look at him and you'd think he was a bikie or something. There is no way a tribunal would've ruled in his favour vs a sweet innocent 21 year old Adelaide Lutheran boy.

Unfortunately for Hulky he is such a strong dude that he gets caught in these situations where with anyone else it would be a nothing incident, but with him its magnified. He coat-hangered a West Croyden dude, completely accidentally, just got side stepped but because of the size differential it was an instant yellow card. He got another yellow for what was just a great bump, but it looked awful because of his size. We even saw it a lot in terms of free kicks where a ruckman would be all over him, he pushes back a little and they end up in the trees. Whistle and free kick against.

He's like a real life version of the Big Friendly Giant.

Having said all that, just don't call him a steroid user. He nearly popped a Fitzroy guys head like the Mountain vs Oberyn Martell for saying that.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:08 pm

SATCHEL wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:The tribunal system at the top level is a shambles with every bit of evidence possible available to them.. What chance do the SAAFL tribunal have really?

Without getting myself in trouble or causing an uproar here. The only advice that i can give any person or any club is get someone to record/video tape your games. Its the same with Dash Cams. If you have physical and hard evidence/proof of innocence or guilt. There's no point. The league do the best with the information and evidence at hand. However, unless you are there to admit guilt it's by far a very much a one sided affair. No disrespect to the league and the panel on the tribunal at all. That's just the hard truth of it. I also believe, that if a report is not made by any officials officiating the game, a testimony form a player r someone form the opposing club is adequate. Unless your an old collegian and or QC.
I'm buying a GoPro for next year for exactly this reason.

if we made finals and I lost my ruckman for two games for a nothing incident I would've been spitting chips.
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:08 pm

Can see how his size and strength could get him in trouble (sort of), but in the two games he played against us, I thought he was really good - not overly aggressive, not dirty or over the top, and a good quality opponent.. It's a shame that books are judged by their covers some times.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:09 pm

morell wrote:
Zartan wrote:

And that was a huge reason behind why we didn't take it further. One look at him and you'd think he was a bikie or something. There is no way a tribunal would've ruled in his favour vs a sweet innocent 21 year old Adelaide Lutheran boy.

Unfortunately for Hulky he is such a strong dude that he gets caught in these situations where with anyone else it would be a nothing incident, but with him its magnified. He coat-hangered a West Croyden dude, completely accidentally, just got side stepped but because of the size differential it was an instant yellow card. He got another yellow for what was just a great bump, but it looked awful because of his size. We even saw it a lot in terms of free kicks where a ruckman would be all over him, he pushes back a little and they end up in the trees. Whistle and free kick against.

Having said all that, just don't call him a steroid user. He nearly popped a Fitzroy guys head like the Mountain vs Oberyn Martell for saying that.

He gave back to back 25m penalties against us for not a lot really except being angry at an average decision, and one of our lads came off and said he felt like offering for a reverse 25m penalty if it calmed him down, he was happy to take the kick further from goal if it pleased the big Hulk!
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby morell » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:11 pm

Hahahaha that's gold.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:16 pm

We felt the same when Ricky Nisbet walked past us when he was on the pine on Saturday for Smithfield.

#LP7 pretty much have him Davo's sherrin we had to kick at quarter time and ran away...
morell
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:55 pm

morell wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Oh did he? I didn't hear of that one. To be honest I had my lad Benny ruck against Hulk all day at your ground and he come off saying he is a good bloke to play against, plays fair and is respectful after the game.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby morell » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:13 pm

Hahaha yeah, it was in front of the coaches box at your ground. The young lad thought he would fire up and called him a steroid popping loser or something. Hulk grabbed his whole head with one hand and just held it like a baseball. Was pretty funny until he didn't let go and I thought the young fella was going to pop like a pimple.
morell
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:19 pm

I think we should keep the D6 clubs together for 2017 just to keep this forum going
Best football discussion on safooty.net =D>
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:21 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:I think we should keep the D6 clubs together for 2017 just to keep this forum going
Best football discussion on safooty.net =D>

164 pages of pure football genius :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:24 pm

:Hangman:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League