HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Rubber Chest » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:46 pm

cracka wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:Has played the last 3 weeks in the B Grade. So would say not in Onkas best 21. Most teams would apply for the same permit for a player in a similar situation.

Read the by laws mate, you can apply for a permit but there's no way in hell a bloke with 10 x A grade games and 7 x B grade games should ever be granted one. Opens the door now for mass stacking of sides in finals. Corruption at its finest from two board members in particular. It's no coincidence which club one of these board members is attached to. If Onkas had any moral compass they'd do the right thing and not play the fella, there will be massive fallout from this.

0 times in the best in the A's & only once in the best in the B's so hardly a star player. But I agree rules are rules & it shouldn't have been applied for or granted.
Am wondering if you'd be willing to put your hand up at a meeting & call them corrupt rather than just anonymously on here.

Now this has happened I wonder if Hahndorf will apply for a permit for D Roberts who has only played two games. I see he played the last minor round game. Surely they're a chance after last weekends debacle.
Rubber Chest
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby chopper7 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:07 pm

Rubber Chest wrote:
cracka wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:Has played the last 3 weeks in the B Grade. So would say not in Onkas best 21. Most teams would apply for the same permit for a player in a similar situation.

Read the by laws mate, you can apply for a permit but there's no way in hell a bloke with 10 x A grade games and 7 x B grade games should ever be granted one. Opens the door now for mass stacking of sides in finals. Corruption at its finest from two board members in particular. It's no coincidence which club one of these board members is attached to. If Onkas had any moral compass they'd do the right thing and not play the fella, there will be massive fallout from this.

0 times in the best in the A's & only once in the best in the B's so hardly a star player. But I agree rules are rules & it shouldn't have been applied for or granted.
Am wondering if you'd be willing to put your hand up at a meeting & call them corrupt rather than just anonymously on here.

Now this has happened I wonder if Hahndorf will apply for a permit for D Roberts who has only played two games. I see he played the last minor round game. Surely they're a chance after last weekends debacle.

Completely different situation. Dan Roberts broke his leg in round 2 and that is why he didn't play all year. Providing he didn't break his leg he would have played every game. He should be allowed to play no matter what
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby overthehill » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:57 am

Interesting situation with the permits. I'm still surprised Ironbank are getting so bent out of shape. Watching the B grade on Sunday, if both the permit players did not play i think Ironbank would have lost by a lot more. The Onkas permit player certainly didn't look like an A grader in my opinion. The Ironbank permit player was clearly an A grader and was head and shoulders better than other one else on the ground. Hopefully Ironbank can get him to commit to a full season of A grade next year as i think he'd be a handy inclusion.
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Armytank » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:01 am

There is plenty more to this story that is yet to come out in the fullness of time
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby footytragic001971 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:18 am

Anyone heard of possible coaching movements now that the minor round is complete??
footytragic001971
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:16 pm

Forget what type of player they are its about the numbers a permit should never be given to a player with 10 A grade and 6 bgrade! Can see the sense in someone with a 6 and 6 for each grade getting a permit! Dont get sucked in to how good the said player is.
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Been liked: 46 times

Postby wazzal77 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:25 pm

This permit thing is out of hand. And whilst on the surface I dont agree with what has been allowed with the Onkas player - to put up a statement like Ironbank have publicly on their facebook page is far from acceptable, I dont care what the circumstances or how grieved they are. By doing this they have brought THEIR league into disrepute. Of course they will argue that the HFL did this first, but follow the appropriate protocols and escalation process within the HFL and the CFL. Yes it is clear that the HFL appear to have an issue here..but playing it out in public doesnt help anyone. Call a meeting and seek direction and clarity and ask for a please explain? It does tend to otherwise face the risk of sour grapes - which Im sure its not but some would form that opinion.

Back to the footy, Uraidla keep on keepin on. I tip that they will do over Torrens Valley on Sunday and Hahndorf will get the job done over Blackwood on Saturday.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby atlantis » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:51 pm

wazzal77 wrote:This permit thing is out of hand. And whilst on the surface I dont agree with what has been allowed with the Onkas player - to put up a statement like Ironbank have publicly on their facebook page is far from acceptable, I dont care what the circumstances or how grieved they are. By doing this they have brought THEIR league into disrepute. Of course they will argue that the HFL did this first, but follow the appropriate protocols and escalation process within the HFL and the CFL. Yes it is clear that the HFL appear to have an issue here..but playing it out in public doesnt help anyone. Call a meeting and seek direction and clarity and ask for a please explain? It does tend to otherwise face the risk of sour grapes - which Im sure its not but some would form that opinion.

Well said Waz, It certainly contradicts the statement from the Facebook page "We will all take the moral high ground and behave and perform in a professional manner".
atlantis

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Afterthesiren » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:01 pm

At least it's all transparent and factual. I guess some people don't like honesty and integrity, I'd rather that than rumours and innuendo. Well done I say.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:02 pm

^
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Been liked: 46 times

Postby overthehill » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:06 pm

atlantis wrote:
wazzal77 wrote:This permit thing is out of hand. And whilst on the surface I dont agree with what has been allowed with the Onkas player - to put up a statement like Ironbank have publicly on their facebook page is far from acceptable, I dont care what the circumstances or how grieved they are. By doing this they have brought THEIR league into disrepute. Of course they will argue that the HFL did this first, but follow the appropriate protocols and escalation process within the HFL and the CFL. Yes it is clear that the HFL appear to have an issue here..but playing it out in public doesnt help anyone. Call a meeting and seek direction and clarity and ask for a please explain? It does tend to otherwise face the risk of sour grapes - which Im sure its not but some would form that opinion.

Well said Waz, It certainly contradicts the statement from the Facebook page "We will all take the moral high ground and behave and perform in a professional manner".

if you thought their first post brought the league into disrepute you may want to check the new one.
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Grumpy Old B » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:16 pm

Well said Wazzal.
Just unfortunate that IBCG didn't read your forum as another posting has gone up.
I recon TV might just limp home against Uri's, a couple more injuries' last Saturday but still have more match winners in Hanna, Eichner, O'Sullivan, Hunter and if big Borat can fire its a 3 goal win for me. Interesting to watch Mr TV moving to be behind the TV goals each quarter, perhaps he has to much invested in Borat to leave his side. Hahndorf will like the turf firming and getting on the larger grounds, it gives there runners plenty of room and with having good big men on every line they should account for the Woods by 6 goals. Will be interesting were they play BIG Daniel, not sure if the A's need him and if he plays B's there might be a few backman running for cover.
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby rock » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:21 pm

^ Are you boys from the board? About time stuff like this was exposed instead of being swept under the carpet. Who knows it might give the HFL the shake up it deserves. Don't blame IBCGFC for the inadequacies of the league.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:36 pm

The Ironbank Cherry Gardens Football Club wishes to update its members, players and supporters on the recent event which has affected our club. As a result of the permit saga where an Onkaparinga Valley player was allowed to play under a suspect permit the Community Football League was advised but didn't want to over rule any decisions made by the HFL. The CFL basically acted as an advisor giving recommendations to the HFL. It was discovered that most if not all of the permits granted for finals in the HFL did not pass by all the board members as it should. The HFL advised two board members empowered themselves to the permit process resulting in some suspect behaviour. Subsequently we were told by the HFL that they have stood down the two board members requesting their resignations immediately. I understand the Courier Newspaper has also been investigating and will be doing an article this week. There are some rumours and coincidences attached to this story but we will not comment until we have the full facts. Unfortunately some people involved outside our club lack honesty and integrity in their own positions. Furthermore the HFL have decided not to overturn the result of Sunday's Elimination Final where we felt they had a chance to make a big statement and restore some faith but we believe they have missed that opportunity. In any case I think the majority of our B grade players didn't want to proceed under these circumstances but as a club we were fighting on principle. Whether the HFL requests another permit application for the player in question we are unclear on. It is likely the Blackwood Football Club who play them this Sunday will query this. In closing we wish to thank all our members, players and supporters for their professionalism and behaviour during this process. We would also like to thank former HFL President Craig Stratfold for the stand he took when he identified the suspicious behaviour of the two board members as well as some other disturbing information that came to light. Craig is of good character and has strong moral fibre which is much needed in our league. We wish him well in whatever he decides to do in the future. Our U15s are still involved in finals so let's get behind them this Saturday at Echunga where we will be hosting the day.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby The Gimp » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:44 pm

overthehill wrote:
atlantis wrote:

if you thought their first post brought the league into disrepute you may want to check the new one.

I don't see a problem with either of their posts.
It's about time the dodgy actions of some of the members on the HFL board were brought to the public eye.
If you have nothing to hide, then they won't have a problem.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby wazzal77 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:19 pm

We all have our opinions on the way we would handle it, sometimes in desperation of an outcome we go down a path that may not be ideal, but it would appear from previous years of posts around permits this matter is not a one off and has been festering. If thats the case then sometimes getting it open in a public forum like has to happen to effect change. It sounds like it may have worked! As long as things get sorted for the better.

I cant understand why - just like a clearance - applications for permits and reasons given why they are allowed or disallowed arent made public on the HFL site - it would provide complete transparency then?

And for the record, I have no connection with the board, anyone on it or any HFL Club for that matter! A keen footballer observer!
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby cracka » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:18 pm

I'm guessing there will be a whole new board next year. AGM will be interesting. Previously they've had to beg for new board members but with the pres quitting & 2 members sacked there may not be a HFL board.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby 2old2slow » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:31 pm

is there going to be any board members left to run tomorrow nights mail medal?
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby rock » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:43 pm

I also thought Ironbank's statement was well restrained. They didn't mention the alleged deal done between the board member and Onkas 3 weeks ago with regard to the permit. They also held off on mentioning that the then HFL President rang the Onkas Pres 24 hrs before the game giving him a chance to withdraw the permit player knowing it was obtained suspiciously. Obviously the Onkas Pres refused and it blew up from there. Not a good look. I feel for you a bit cracka, unfortunately I think some clean up work might be required at your club, there are some good people there but there's at least one bad apple letting your club down at the moment.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby always there » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:35 pm

Which two members were sacked? And who is left to sack them?
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy