Open Mike

Talk on the national game

Re: Open Mike

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:20 am

Paul Roos last night
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (48.31 KiB) Viewed 723 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:34 am

Finally got around to watching the full Jacko episode last night. What a train wreck that was.

"Would your kids be proud of you tonight?"

"Yeah, I think so".

:shock:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:19 pm

I'm watching it now.. 7min in and I'm struggling to keep watching it - its terrible! Jacko is a wanker

*edit* - another 6 or so minutes in and I'm beginning to enjoy haha
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:26 pm

I've been catching up on previous Open Mike's by watching them on YouTube. So far I've watched Glen Jackovich, Liam Pickering, Barry Hall, Dermott Brereton, David Neitz, Garry Ayers, Matthew Scarlett, Warren Tredrea, Cameron Mooney, Denis Pagen, Gavin Wanganeen and Brent Guerra. I still have a few on my list left to watch. The best by far I've watched of that group is Glen Jackovich.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:32 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:I've been catching up on previous Open Mike's by watching them on YouTube. So far I've watched Glen Jackovich, Liam Pickering, Barry Hall, Dermott Brereton, David Neitz, Garry Ayers, Matthew Scarlett, Warren Tredrea, Cameron Mooney, Denis Pagen, Gavin Wanganeen and Brent Guerra. I still have a few on my list left to watch. The best by far I've watched of that group is Glen Jackovich.

Jake King episode is a ripper
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Magellan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:38 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:I've been catching up on previous Open Mike's by watching them on YouTube. So far I've watched Glen Jackovich, Liam Pickering, Barry Hall, Dermott Brereton, David Neitz, Garry Ayers, Matthew Scarlett, Warren Tredrea, Cameron Mooney, Denis Pagen, Gavin Wanganeen and Brent Guerra. I still have a few on my list left to watch. The best by far I've watched of that group is Glen Jackovich.

Why is that, Dark Knight?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:12 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

Lol. Whatever.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Grenville » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Booney wrote:Finally got around to watching the full Jacko episode last night. What a train wreck that was.

"Would your kids be proud of you tonight?"

"Yeah, I think so".

:shock:

Watched it again last night. Jacko's still as mad as a cut snake and talked a lot of crap but made a couple of valid points. I also enjoyed watching Mike Sheahan squirm.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Grenville » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:07 pm

OnSong wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Lol. Whatever.

The pushup king episode was a surprise for me, he spoke very well and it was well worth the look. And he didn't give Sheahan the bite he was after.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:43 pm

Grenville wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Lol. Whatever.

The pushup king episode was a surprise for me, he spoke very well and it was well worth the look. And he didn't give Sheahan the bite he was after.

The Jake King episode is on my maybe list.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:01 pm

Magellan wrote:

Jackovich telling the story of the early 90s Eagles is really intriguing and having the early success they did in a Victorian league was outstanding. They were a tight nit group and Jackovich was an integralpart of it. The loss of Chris Mainwareing was a big impact on his teamates especially Jackovich, it was very sad to hear. He talked about their introduction of weights training which was revolutionary and it was percieved by others in the league that the size and strength the Eagles gained was possibly brought on by performance enhaning drugs, especially Jackovich who is a big man. He is very angered by that. Jackovichs story of playing on Wayne Carey was also a highlight, really made me appreciate the magnificent battles they had. Jackovich's family backstory was also interesting, he talked a bit about his brother Allen and his short AFL career. He talked about Malthouse a fair bit too and his relationship with him, that was good to listen too.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby GWW » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:07 pm

I agree the Jakovich episode was good, would have been good if Allen had agreed to appear too.

The Mick Conlan episode was good too, and interestingly he also faced accusations (30 years ago) of doing something improper to gain the muscular build he has.

The Stephen Febey episode was quite sad, I hadnt realised what a mess his life had been since the Bali bombings.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:33 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Jackovich telling the story of the early 90s Eagles is really intriguing and having the early success they did in a Victorian league was outstanding. They were a tight nit group and Jackovich was an integralpart of it. The loss of Chris Mainwareing was a big impact on his teamates especially Jackovich, it was very sad to hear. He talked about their introduction of weights training which was revolutionary and it was percieved by others in the league that the size and strength the Eagles gained was possibly brought on by performance enhaning drugs, especially Jackovich who is a big man. He is very angered by that. Jackovichs story of playing on Wayne Carey was also a highlight, really made me appreciate the magnificent battles they had. Jackovich's family backstory was also interesting, he talked a bit about his brother Allen and his short AFL career. He talked about Malthouse a fair bit too and his relationship with him, that was good to listen too.

Cheers, DK. Jakovich seems to speak quite well whenever I hear him talk. I don't have Foxtel so a tour of YouTube as you've done sounds like a good way of accessing some interesting footy material.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:10 am

Magellan wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Cheers, DK. Jakovich seems to speak quite well whenever I hear him talk. I don't have Foxtel so a tour of YouTube as you've done sounds like a good way of accessing some interesting footy material.

No Fox here either, all the full episodes are available on line.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:16 am

Booney wrote:No Fox here either, all the full episodes are available on line.

Cheers. Good to know all the eps are available, I've got better things to do than fill Murdoch's Swiss bank account(s).
Magellan
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:11 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Paul Roos last night

Without doubt the most boring man in football. Boring man, boring coach, played for losers and as a coach couldn't win anything without COLA. A poor man's John Worsfold.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:12 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

Without doubt the most boring man in football. Boring man, boring coach, played for losers and as a coach couldn't win anything without COLA. A poor man's John Worsfold.

regards,

REB

Bang.

Add in Longmire for mine. Dull as can be.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:13 pm

I could say Ross Lyon who is a Roos clone but he helped Geelong win a flag so I couldn't pay him out.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:21 pm

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Bang.

Add in Longmire for mine. Dull as can be.

The whole club is Vanilla. That's fine if you like Vanilla but we get it served up by the AFL every finals series. It's like a final seven now. Those pea heart Swan fans would switch to Union in heartbeat if the Swans won less then ten matches in any given season. Boo the AFL Swans..the most boring club in football in the worst city in Australia. The only good thing to come out Sydney is the road to Brisbane and Melbourne.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:23 pm

You haven't missed anyone this arvo REB...someone needs a beer or something!
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL