Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

Postby stampy » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:45 pm

whufc wrote:
MW wrote:Dont bother stampy, these tragics will read their own agenda into anything you write on here

And off course yourself and stampy are just looking out for what's best for the SANFL and not the AFL club you support

wtf are you on about, i hate the afl sides in the comp, you are another non afl crow supporter acting like a tool ffs :roll:
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby stampy » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:47 pm

Hazydog wrote:
stampy wrote:
cennals05 wrote:Why is it ridiculous to have a dig at a side that hasn't had to work hard to get where they are?

Today was an example of how piss weak Crows supporters are. No AFL on and they couldn't even be bothered to show up and the ones that did show up were so pathetically quiet it was embarrassing.

maybe most still follow an sanfl club, ever thought of that??

Follow as opposed to support? Follow as in dessert when the Crows came in? Or maybe they contribute to the key KPI of website hits?

join the other fools bud
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Apachebulldog » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:55 pm

clanger wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Me and my mate were seduced with complimentary passes from the SANFL so we headed down all i can say is never never again.

How does a SANFL team compete against a complete team of AFL ANABOLIC STEROIDIC MUTANT FAAARKKKSSSS blind freddy could see the diference from the first bounce.

All i can say is fa fa fa FAARKKK OFF AFL fa fa FAARKFFF OFF SANFL FAAARKKKK OFF you PARASITIC EXOTIC CONTAGION.

JUST FAAAARRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKOFFFF OUT OF OUR COMPETITION.

Well done SANFL everything is aligning up for FAAAARKKKKK Grand Final

Kudos to the SANFL TRIGGY and all the the other AFL toadies and ARSE BENDERS well done too all

FAAAAAARKKKKKKKKKKKOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF !!!!!!!!!

Centrals beat the Adelaide Reserves by 55 points in R13 with 18 afl listed players playing on a Ground more suitable to Afl players
been able to exploit their superior skill and fitness levels so this shows your team was more than capable of winning today it just had its worse game of the season in a final.

before you get upset i did not want the AFL reserves in the comp and very happy South say No and i expect South to win even with 18/19 afl listed players playing.

Clanger from day one i have said Win Lose or Draw against these AFL INTERLOPERS they should of not been admitted to our comp by the SANFL FOOLS !!!!!!

Great crowd today NOT the SANFL"S FOLLY a MASSIVE FAILURE !!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby LPH » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:15 pm

matt35 wrote:I'll answer Magellan's question, though I think my position is pretty well known. I support Glenelg when they play the Crows in the SANFL. I support the Crows when they play anyone else. I get to as many Crows SANFL games as I can, usually if they don't clash with Glenelg or I haven't already been to 2 Football games on that weekend. This season have probably been to around 5 or 6 Crows games and now the final. Will be there again next Sunday.

Along with your other 3999 mates, then?

To be fair on Stampy - he is as pro-SANFL as anyone on here.
So having a go at him is a bit rough IMHO.

'Eating our own' is counter-productive. There is clearly a lot of frustration with the less than appropriate state of footy in SA.
The fact that Professional, highly paid, players with rehab & training facilities 2nd to none were allowed to enter our competition is STILL a disgrace.
The damage is almost irreversible.
Wonder how Gotch feels about them now?
(Would be sh***ing himself right about now, one would think!)
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Pseudo » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:17 pm

clanger wrote:Centrals beat the Adelaide Reserves by 55 points in R13 with 18 afl listed players playing on a Ground more suitable to Afl players .

More suitable than Adelaide Oval, a ground with which the clowns would be perfectly familiar?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby LPH » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:18 pm

LPH
League - Best 21

Postby Pseudo » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:20 pm

LPH wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/local-footy-sa/sanfl/dominant-crows-a-reason-to-be-concerned-for-sanfl/news-story/3877ca6a862adc97724fbdcc2693435b

Well, well, well...

Well well well, you need to subscribe to read about the clowns...
Pseudo
Coach

Postby saintal » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:22 pm

LPH wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/local-footy-sa/sanfl/dominant-crows-a-reason-to-be-concerned-for-sanfl/news-story/3877ca6a862adc97724fbdcc2693435b

Well, well, well...

The local media needs more Partlands and less Bickleys.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby Doddy » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:47 pm

That article, posted as fair use for critical study purposes ...

Dominant Crows a reason to be concerned for SANFL

Warren Partland, comment, The Advertiser
September 3, 2016 6:16pm
Subscriber only

THERE are going to be some very concerned SANFL club chief executives heading into next season.

Crowd numbers and interest has already dipped since the AFL clubs were granted permission to have a side in the state league.

The 4000 fans Adelaide promised at games has not eventuated, not even close.

Now those CEOs will have nightmares over the summer months waiting for the ramifications of the Crows' belting of Central District in yesterday’s elimination final. Have no doubt, it will hurt the competition. And the further the Crows travel the more damage will be done.

Clubs will be extremely nervous. But they should have known this was a possibility when, apart from Central District and South Adelaide, they voted for their inclusion.

Colleague Craig Cook cheers for the Bulldogs in the SANFL and the Crows in the AFL. During yesterday's game, he tweeted the comp has lost relevance on so many levels. Another colleague, a staunch Sturt man, refuses to go to games involving the AFL clubs. He calls them trial matches.

"This result makes me very nervous,'' Bulldogs CEO Kris Grant said. "I can already feel the sapping of enthusiasm from our officials and support staff.''

He may as well been the mouthpiece for eight clubs.

Some clubs have been told they cannot spend all their $400,000 salary cap next season. There are Crows opponents earning more than that.

The time has come for the SANFL to restrict the number of AFL players the Crows and Port Adelaide can have in their sides. The SANFL has the ability to play with the rules, it proved that on Tuesday.

And the Crows don't care, they are getting the quality trial matches they need to develop.
Doddy
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Pseudo » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:53 pm

Seems awfully terse. I wonder how much was cut by the editors.
Pseudo
Coach

Postby csbowes » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:13 pm

None. That was the whole story.
csbowes
League - Best 21

Been liked: 77 times

Postby Dogmatic » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:23 am

Congratulations to Warren for writing this article whilst others within the media bow to their masters and choose to forget who assisted them to get to their current positions. The correct place for the Adelaide and Port Adelaide reserves is the VFL by expanding it to a full AFL reserves. The AFL is imposing a cost burden on the SANFL clubs by not introducing an AFL reserves and also compromising the competition. I don't hate Adelaide and Port for being in the SANFL I hate the SANFL for not being strong enough to demand that the AFL reserves is the appropriate place and I hate the AFL for not doing what's best for the future of grassroots footy. SANFL clubs compete for recruiting the worst player to be delisted from an AFL list just to improve. Today Adelaide had 18/21 from their list that played and had the luxury of dropping 2 off before the game.If anyone thinks that a an SANFL club can compete against this is delirious. Adelaide FC will decide if they win the premiership in the SANFL this year. The only thing that will stop them if the senior team bomb out early and they want all their players back to preseason all together.

It will be even worse next year if the Port get more players on the park.

Doddy wrote:That article, posted as fair use for critical study purposes ...

Dominant Crows a reason to be concerned for SANFL

Warren Partland, comment, The Advertiser
September 3, 2016 6:16pm
Subscriber only

THERE are going to be some very concerned SANFL club chief executives heading into next season.

Crowd numbers and interest has already dipped since the AFL clubs were granted permission to have a side in the state league.

The 4000 fans Adelaide promised at games has not eventuated, not even close.

Now those CEOs will have nightmares over the summer months waiting for the ramifications of the Crows' belting of Central District in yesterday’s elimination final. Have no doubt, it will hurt the competition. And the further the Crows travel the more damage will be done.

Clubs will be extremely nervous. But they should have known this was a possibility when, apart from Central District and South Adelaide, they voted for their inclusion.

Colleague Craig Cook cheers for the Bulldogs in the SANFL and the Crows in the AFL. During yesterday's game, he tweeted the comp has lost relevance on so many levels. Another colleague, a staunch Sturt man, refuses to go to games involving the AFL clubs. He calls them trial matches.

"This result makes me very nervous,'' Bulldogs CEO Kris Grant said. "I can already feel the sapping of enthusiasm from our officials and support staff.''

He may as well been the mouthpiece for eight clubs.

Some clubs have been told they cannot spend all their $400,000 salary cap next season. There are Crows opponents earning more than that.

The time has come for the SANFL to restrict the number of AFL players the Crows and Port Adelaide can have in their sides. The SANFL has the ability to play with the rules, it proved that on Tuesday.

And the Crows don't care, they are getting the quality trial matches they need to develop.
For every one I miss I am closer to a hole in one.
Dogmatic
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby StrayDog » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:30 am

clanger wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Me and my mate were seduced with complimentary passes from the SANFL so we headed down all i can say is never never again.

How does a SANFL team compete against a complete team of AFL ANABOLIC STEROIDIC MUTANT FAAARKKKSSSS blind freddy could see the diference from the first bounce.

All i can say is fa fa fa FAARKKK OFF AFL fa fa FAARKFFF OFF SANFL FAAARKKKK OFF you PARASITIC EXOTIC CONTAGION.

JUST FAAAARRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKOFFFF OUT OF OUR COMPETITION.

Well done SANFL everything is aligning up for FAAAARKKKKK Grand Final

Kudos to the SANFL TRIGGY and all the the other AFL toadies and ARSE BENDERS well done too all

FAAAAAARKKKKKKKKKKKOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF !!!!!!!!!

Centrals beat the Adelaide Reserves by 55 points in R13 with 18 afl listed players playing on a Ground more suitable to Afl players
been able to exploit their superior skill and fitness levels so this shows your team was more than capable of winning today it just had its worse game of the season in a final.

before you get upset i did not want the AFL reserves in the comp and very happy South say No and i expect South to win even with 18/19 afl listed players playing.

Sorry, didn't mean to 'like' that one. Limitations of using a Mini Me designed keypad.

The term 'bruise free' a consensus of the Crows' effort that day at Elizabeth, and a fitting win for the side that put in the effort.

To state the mind numbingly obvious, given the similar AFL list presence, a 20 goal inversIon in two months might only be explained so far by a finals seasoned SANFL Club having a crap day out
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby therisingblues » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:51 am

stampy wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
stampy wrote:
cennals05 wrote:Why is it ridiculous to have a dig at a side that hasn't had to work hard to get where they are?

Today was an example of how piss weak Crows supporters are. No AFL on and they couldn't even be bothered to show up and the ones that did show up were so pathetically quiet it was embarrassing.

...which means no one is really interested in the Ravens.
Ever thought of that? Talk about missing the point. :lol:

havent missed the point at all, and no, almost no one follows the ravens or whatever you want to call them, dont know how i am missing the point, you people who follow interstate afl clubs just act like wankers, get my point :)

The lack of interest in the Ravens is part of why we don't want them. As well as the drop in interest from heritage supporters, the Ravens have brought no real support or passion of their own. These Crows fans that still follow their SANFL clubs are examples of why they'll never draw the promised 4,000. Even today, no AFL and their first final, AFL Crows fans just couldn't be stuffed with the Ravens.
Now Crows fans are as vapid as a bucket of sand, but i don't begrudge them their choice of SANFL club, and it's not their fault that the Ravens are as interesting as hairy tits. Fact is at the end of the day crowds have fallen and it doesn't help having a side who cannot muster more than 600 fans to final.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby tkr » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:14 pm

Dogmatic wrote:Congratulations to Warren for writing this article whilst others within the media bow to their masters and choose to forget who assisted them to get to their current positions. The correct place for the Adelaide and Port Adelaide reserves is the VFL by expanding it to a full AFL reserves. The AFL is imposing a cost burden on the SANFL clubs by not introducing an AFL reserves and also compromising the competition. I don't hate Adelaide and Port for being in the SANFL I hate the SANFL for not being strong enough to demand that the AFL reserves is the appropriate place and I hate the AFL for not doing what's best for the future of grassroots footy. SANFL clubs compete for recruiting the worst player to be delisted from an AFL list just to improve. Today Adelaide had 18/21 from their list that played and had the luxury of dropping 2 off before the game.If anyone thinks that a an SANFL club can compete against this is delirious. Adelaide FC will decide if they win the premiership in the SANFL this year. The only thing that will stop them if the senior team bomb out early and they want all their players back to preseason all together.

It will be even worse next year if the Port get more players on the park.

Absolutely spot on Dogmatic!

Apart from the two clubs that voted no all the other SANFL clubs have blood on their hands too!
tkr
Rookie

Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Magellan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:27 pm

Putting aside whatever happened on-field yesterday and off-field in the lead up, it's sad that yesterday marked the first time in the comp's history where a finals match was characterised by an atmosphere of apathy.

We might've had shit attendances in previous years to finals matches, but there was always a critical mass of core of fans for each side who turned up in full voice to provide a competitive atmosphere that befitted the importance of the occasion. That didn't happen yesterday.

There's no reason to suspect we'll see anything different for next Sunday's early game. Crows win in the a-grade the night before, the fans will quite rightly be swept up with prelim final fever and unlikely to be interested in going to the same stadium twice within 15 hours. Crows lose, they'll be licking their wounds after being disappointingly mothballed and will not be keen to go return to the scene of the crime. That's not the fault of Crows fans, it simply reflects the problem of them participating in a comp that's not their prime focus.

Like was said yesterday, if the Crows couldn't find the where-with-all to attend en masse yesterday then they never will.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby LPH » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:53 pm

Try 'Semi Final Fever'... they finished 5th not 2nd
LPH
League - Best 21

Postby Magellan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:58 pm

LPH wrote:Try 'Semi Final Fever'... they finished 5th not 2nd

OK then, mea culpa, but I'm not sure it's that a critical an error?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby cennals05 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:02 pm

Pseudo wrote:Seems awfully terse. I wonder how much was cut by the editors.

Off topic but Nick Ryan who wrote the extremely accurate article on Crows supporters last week had one line edited out that read along the lines of "God had 32 left over scrotums so he made Graham Cornes."
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby tipper » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:40 pm

stampy wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
stampy wrote:

...which means no one is really interested in the Ravens.
Ever thought of that? Talk about missing the point. [emoji38]

havent missed the point at all, and no, almost no one follows the ravens or whatever you want to call them, dont know how i am missing the point, you people who follow interstate afl clubs just act like wankers, get my point :)

And what about posters such as myself that dont follow any afl side? I think the crows are a bunch of **** too. It seems that i am allowed to say that then?
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL