Salisbury
11%
Westminster OS
14%

Total votes : 85

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Postby whufc » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:45 pm

What incident supposedly happened

I left half way through the third quarter and surprised to here something may have gone on

There didn't seem to be any spite in the game and the crowd seemed well behaved with most of the big drinking mob being by themselves on the outer wing
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:49 pm

It's now been reported so let's not speculate any further please until the tribunal has been heard.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Undercover agent » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:12 pm

Woody is a cracking bloke and even better footballer . To question the club recruiting him is absolutely ridiculous he will go close to the best and fairest
Undercover agent

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:29 pm

I wonder if we will see the EP posters on the forum from 6 weeks ago who were gobbing off about WOS and giving them shit about the long drive home after getting a touch up out North?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 739 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dols » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:34 pm

Undercover agent wrote:Woody is a cracking bloke and even better footballer . To question the club recruiting him is absolutely ridiculous he will go close to the best and fairest
just something missing upstairs maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:10 pm

Dols wrote:
Undercover agent wrote:Woody is a cracking bloke and even better footballer . To question the club recruiting him is absolutely ridiculous he will go close to the best and fairest
just something missing upstairs maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is known for being a bit of a hothead isn't he? He was clearly upset at EP getting beaten yesterday and the guy on the sidelines mouthing off at him just added fuel to the fire. It was uncalled for and he shouldn't of said anything to get Woody's attention. The guy was annoying me as he yelled out things that didn't make sense in football terminology and was calling the umpires 'refs' throughout the second half. I suspected he hadn't watched or been to much footy before.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10299 times
Been liked: 1517 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Undercover agent » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:17 pm

He can definitely have a short fuse at times but I'm sure every teams got a couple blokes like that . To question the recruitment of the bloke I just think is absurd think he was 3rd in the b and f last year and will go very close again this year
Undercover agent

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Dangeroos » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:03 pm

LMA wrote:Not the first time, nor will it be the last time we'll see behaviour like this from the Northern suburbs clubs and their supporters when things don't go their way.

******* immature, poor sportsmanship which most of us have had to endure at some stage playing or supporting the game we love.

Give them their own league.

Not supporting bad behavior, but we need to remember idiots come from all posts codes.
Dangeroos
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:40 am

Dangeroos wrote:
LMA wrote:Not the first time, nor will it be the last time we'll see behaviour like this from the Northern suburbs clubs and their supporters when things don't go their way.

******* immature, poor sportsmanship which most of us have had to endure at some stage playing or supporting the game we love.

Give them their own league.

Not supporting bad behavior, but we need to remember idiots come from all posts codes.

I take it LMA doesn't have a northern suburb post code as his mail address.
I think you suggestion that idiots arnt confined to the northern suburbs has just been justified D.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby superlative steve » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:59 am

They should use this for his defense
superlative steve
Under 16s

Been liked: 30 times

Postby WOS Dragons » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:28 am

What a great day saturday was. I thought our guys just stuck at it for longer. It was a tough contested game of footy but we managed to absorb their physical pressure and when the ball got out in the open spaces our runners on the big deck got the better of them. I thought we were in control for all but the first 5 minutes and to keep EP to such a low score when they have been such a high scoring team all year was a great achievement.

Super happy for Tom Easton to get the BOG, he is co captain and does a mountain of work off field as he's been on the committee for the last 5 years or so.

Other than the last 5 minutes the game was played in good spirits but there were a few incidents in the crowd (the one thats been mentioned plus some swearing and abuse in front of kids throughout the day) which unfortunately soured the day.

From a club perspective thats 3 grand final wins in 4 years and promotion to div 3. Being involved in amateur footy is one of the best things you can do. It brings so much joy to so many people when your hard work pays off. Thanks to all that sent congratulatory messages through over the weekend.

It's a great day to be a dragon!
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:40 am

Footy Chick wrote:Needless to say, the fence jumper has been reported.

Would think if found guilty, would be the end of his footballing career - pretty sure he's very very close to the maximum games already.

Has got a hothead, but he regularly copped some pretty unfair attention in the lower grades of D6 and D7 when he was at CU because opposition players knew they could get him off his game easily as a young lad.

Can football, it's a shame.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Wazz17 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:00 am

As a long time Demons member to see the way the lads played on Saturday was extreme disappointing as they were clearly the best side all year.

WOS were far too good on the day and thoroughly deserved their win, congratulations guys.

What is also disappointing in some of the comments on this forum regarding EPFC and northern clubs from ill informed elitist posters.

"LMA - Immature, poor sportsmanship by EP" Now I was there and your water boy was just giving it to our players non stop and it was your supporter who came down to the fence to have a crack at Woodward which inflamed the situation and he knew it. People in glass houses?

Now not for one second do I condone Woodward's behavior and actions. I sincerely hope that he is dealt with accordingly. The guy who came in after was an EPFC supporter but I have only seen him a couple of times before and he not a member of our club. I believe there will be action taken against him as well.

"WOS Dragons - Woodward is a peasant" Really? Is that the best and most appropriate comment you can come up with as an old scholar. Surely something more eloquent from your list of adjectives is more appropriate from such highly educated person such as yourself.

"LMA - Give them their own league". What a absolutely joke. What do you guys really want, an exclusive old scholars - university competition run by elitist snobs from Adelaide, Unley & surrounding parklands. Although it would probably be the most sanitised competition we would ever see it also most likely be the most boring. Yelling from the sidelines would be banned and "Well done chaps" would be the order of the day.

All clubs have their good and bad, both players & supporters alike but making it personal based on demographics is highly offensive. Have I made derogatory comments about WOS lack of parking, their facilities and their couch, no I haven't. The Ch9AFL competition has been made stronger by the clubs from all parts of Adelaide and to single out one area is pure hypocrisy.
Wazz17

Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:14 am

Wazz goes BANG! :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:27 am

Elite post Wazz. Well said
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Robran » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:42 am

Yeah what was wazz said ya arrogant #####.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby WOS Dragons » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:50 am

Wazz17 wrote:As a long time Demons member to see the way the lads played on Saturday was extreme disappointing as they were clearly the best side all year.

WOS were far too good on the day and thoroughly deserved their win, congratulations guys.

What is also disappointing in some of the comments on this forum regarding EPFC and northern clubs from ill informed elitist posters.

"LMA - Immature, poor sportsmanship by EP" Now I was there and your water boy was just giving it to our players non stop and it was your supporter who came down to the fence to have a crack at Woodward which inflamed the situation and he knew it. People in glass houses?

Now not for one second do I condone Woodward's behavior and actions. I sincerely hope that he is dealt with accordingly. The guy who came in after was an EPFC supporter but I have only seen him a couple of times before and he not a member of our club. I believe there will be action taken against him as well.

"WOS Dragons - Woodward is a peasant" Really? Is that the best and most appropriate comment you can come up with as an old scholar. Surely something more eloquent from your list of adjectives is more appropriate from such highly educated person such as yourself.

"LMA - Give them their own league". What a absolutely joke. What do you guys really want, an exclusive old scholars - university competition run by elitist snobs from Adelaide, Unley & surrounding parklands. Although it would probably be the most sanitised competition we would ever see it also most likely be the most boring. Yelling from the sidelines would be banned and "Well done chaps" would be the order of the day.

All clubs have their good and bad, both players & supporters alike but making it personal based on demographics is highly offensive. Have I made derogatory comments about WOS lack of parking, their facilities and their couch, no I haven't. The Ch9AFL competition has been made stronger by the clubs from all parts of Adelaide and to single out one area is pure hypocrisy.

My comment was based purely on his actions. If he represented my club I would be embarrassed by it. Started throwing cheap shots when the game was done. Wouldn't come off when the runner is trying to drag him. Got incited by the crowd and we know what happened next. As I mentioned there were also a heap supporters that constantly swore and threatened our players in front of kids and when asked to stop told the match day officials where to go. I've got no problems playing any teams I just have a problem with d!ckheads who don't realise its just a game of footy and a day out that everyone should be able to feel safe at and enjoy.
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Fricky » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:02 pm

Wazz17 wrote:What do you guys really want, an exclusive old scholars - university competition run by elitist snobs from Adelaide, Unley & surrounding parklands.

No thanks, I hate college teams
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Lance's brother » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:15 pm

Wazz17 wrote:As a long time Demons member to see the way the lads played on Saturday was extreme disappointing as they were clearly the best side all year.

I think you are misaligning LMA with our club by mistake. I don't know who he is. His Avatar says that his grassroots team is Port Districts.

I don't think anyone identifying themselves with our club has made calls like his.

And while WOS Dragons has his grievances with what Woodward did and some supporter behaviour on the weekend, if you go a few pages back he was standing up for your club. He was stating that it is unfair that you might miss out on promotion despite the quality of your season because of the current situation with Brighton coming in.
Lance's brother
Under 18s

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Wazz17 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:49 pm

My main grievance was with some of the posters on this forum not just WOS Dragons and not just from Saturday's game.
Regardless if LMA is aligned to Port Districts he is obviously not a northern areas fan. Also my point from his post that WOS were not blameless as far as "lack of sportsmanship" either.
Wazz17

Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League