The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:33 pm

Jim05 wrote:Jarman wants them out. Has fired off a nice little rant.

The bloke is a ******* parrot, absolute ******* parrot who would tell you Trump is the best option in the US if he heard someone at a bus stop say so.

He's a moron. Any move worth making is rooted if he's the front man.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:34 pm

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:1. The AFL has a fully national reserves comp.

Whilst many valid points they all fall down around this one.

There is no way that the AFL will fund a national reserves competition now that it has the NEAFL, VFL, WAFL and SANFL serving this very purpose ( giving the left over AFL listed players a game ) without costing the AFL a cent.

The NEAFL is completely controlled by the AFL, you could argue the VFL and WAFL is too and ( watch them jump on this ) the SANFL is JUST standing on it's own two feet.....JUST.

Back in the good old days, about 5 years ago, one of the main thing s loved about the SANFL is that it wasn't the AFL.
The closer it gets to that circus the more crap it is.
AFL is good for those people that love it. I just wish to hell they'd stay out of our competition. Most of the users on here, indeed most who attended games, loved it for its independence. Those that loved that aspect were the first to jump ship when the reserves came in. Since the mid 80s the competition has been under constant attack for not being the AFL.
I fear what you've written there Booney is very close to the truth.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:36 pm

Booney wrote:

The bloke is a ******* parrot, absolute ******* parrot who would tell you Trump is the best option in the US if he heard someone at a bus stop say so.

Don't need him as a front man, but the more people, especially public people backing the cause the better.
Wouldn't you say Booney?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby cennals05 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:38 pm

therisingblues wrote:

Great stuff!
I think we have a lot to thank Roy Laird for here. His public complaint seems to have caught the public at exactly the right time.
I was in a shopping center at Norwood just before the Sturt/South game with my Sturt scarfe on. The young lady who served me turns out to be a Sydney/Central fan, and just out of the blue starts complaining about the reserves. She got no disagreement from me, and I took it as sign that there has been a shift in perception (I wear my Sturt or Carlton scarfe everywhere, people always comment on the scarfe in terms of what it represents, no one has ever spoken in a "reserves out" manner to me before).
Now I am reading that MMM is finally giving air time to the anti reserves side of the argument, and every caller spoke of discontent with the current set up.
Six heritage clubs have apparently held a non sanctioned meeting to discuss dissatisfaction.
Now Jarman is firing shots off!
I so bloody hope this keeps gaining momentum!!!

When I was walking back to my car on Saturday a Sturt supporter stopped me to tell me how much he hates the Reserves. We had a good chat. He said he writes to the club every year about it.

The subject is also getting top billing on FIVEaa. Of course both Rowey and Bickley can't understand why it's a problem. Reading all the text messages that are coming in, the Crows supporters just don't get it.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:41 pm

I have forever been astounded how people can't see how it is a problem.
If it happened to them and their competition they soon would.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby cennals05 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:45 pm

Exactly. Imagine if the AFL told the Crows that they had to abide by a salary cap, had all their facilities and extra staff taken away and their players had to get full time jobs, while all the other clubs didn't have to.

Do you really think they would just accept it?
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:56 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Booney wrote:

Don't need him as a front man, but the more people, especially public people backing the cause the better.
Wouldn't you say Booney?

There's also a chance people will hear Jarman going berko and not hear the message because of the noise.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:57 pm

cennals05 wrote:Exactly. Imagine if the AFL told the Crows that they had to abide by a salary cap, had all their facilities and extra staff taken away and their players had to get full time jobs, while all the other clubs didn't have to.

Do you really think they would just accept it?

If that happened, serial killings, earthquakes, terror, meteors hitting the earth... Would all be bumped to page 5 or worse of the Advertiser.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:01 pm

The Advertiser has five pages these days? ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
Booney wrote:

Wouldn't you say Booney?

There's also a chance people will hear Jarman going berko and not hear the message because of the noise.

If you look at all the media idiots who love the concept it can't hurt too much to have one on our side.
Just listening to Sam Jacobs on MMM now, Jars asked him about the issue, Sam seems not to understand that it was an issue before the Ravens won on the weekend. "It was just an elimination final, it wasn't a grand final".
That's just one issue of many Sammy, and they've been around a lot longer than that too.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:36 pm

therisingblues wrote:If you look at all the media idiots who love the concept it can't hurt too much to have one on our side.
Just listening to Sam Jacobs on MMM now, Jars asked him about the issue, Sam seems not to understand that it was an issue before the Ravens won on the weekend. "It was just an elimination final, it wasn't a grand final".
That's just one issue of many Sammy, and they've been around a lot longer than that too.

Jeez hasn't Sammy Jacobs lost some intelligence over his time at West Lakes......I can clearly recall under the old system when he was coming back from injury playing for the bottom placed reserves side, telling his Adelaide Development coach to 'Get ****** I'm playing the last quarter' as the team he was playing for was in with a shot of a win, my oh my how times change :roll:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:41 pm

I'm actually surprised Jars has adopted the 'get them out' approach, would've thought he'd be on the AFL sides' bandwagon. He's a knob, but he might get through to others who like his schtick (whoever they are).

Crows players are the last people to get the tension over the reserves, mainly because they're so invested in the club, insulated by its culture, and everything that comes with being the most popular sporting team in a state. They're not going to crap on the hand that feeds them very, very well.

Odd logic, though. Jacobs' elimination final this weekend isn't a grand final either, so it doesn't really count then? On that basis they haven't played a game that matters in about twenty years. I guess that could be his excuse if they lose! Good strategy, Sam, hedge your bets (not Betts) and lower expectations early.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby LPH » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:43 pm

Booney wrote:

Couldn't agree more... a fine footballer but a total moron on 'Air'.
He changes with the 'popularity' of the issue.
Made some statements about how the Ravens Players copped grief from the Dogs Fans on Saturday - hello, same last year when Port were in the Finals!

It is so ironic that these spineless CEOs who bought the lies fed to them by Trigg & Chapman, are now 'crying foul'!
Kurt, you were told & your OWN arrogance replied with "You'll be back" ... How's that workin' for ya Champ?

The only way the Ravens won't win the Flag this season (just like Port in 2014) is when the 'A' Grade lose & go out of the Finals.
If it happens before Prelim Weekend in the AFL, then one of the 3 non-Professional sides will win - if not, same as 2014.
Personally, I think only Sturt have the 'cattle' to challenge them, ala Norwood in 2014
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:02 pm

Wonder if the Crows attempted to censor Jarman for indicating they wernt interested in Ben Jarman and he will go to the Hawks. And he's now said well faaaark you jack I'll get on the anti AFL reserves wagon
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby bennymacca » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:04 pm

heater31 wrote:
therisingblues wrote:If you look at all the media idiots who love the concept it can't hurt too much to have one on our side.

Jeez hasn't Sammy Jacobs lost some intelligence over his time at West Lakes......I can clearly recall under the old system when he was coming back from injury playing for the bottom placed reserves side, telling his Adelaide Development coach to 'Get ****** I'm playing the last quarter' as the team he was playing for was in with a shot of a win, my oh my how times change :roll:

You really think he would say anything but tow the line?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby heater31 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:06 pm

bennymacca wrote:
heater31 wrote:

You really think he would say anything but tow the line?

he didn't tow the line that day......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby zipzap » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:22 pm

cennals05 wrote:
The subject is also getting top billing on FIVEaa. Of course both Rowey and Bickley can't understand why it's a problem. Reading all the text messages that are coming in, the Crows supporters just don't get it.

Cornsey was actually scathing of the concept and knocked over Bickley's feeble protestations a couple of times. Proving he's an SAFooty reader from way back he claimed any future premiership win by the Ravens or Phwoarr should be marked *
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby locky801 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:22 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Wonder if the Crows attempted to censor Jarman for indicating they wernt interested in Ben Jarman and he will go to the Hawks. And he's now said well faaaark you jack I'll get on the anti AFL reserves wagon

How can they censor him, he gets paid by MMM not the Crows as such
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3695 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby southee » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:21 pm

Jars most likely spoke to Triple M management and told to fire up the switchboard by making his statements about Crows in SANFL.

Gets people from both sides all up in arms frantically rushing to their phones ..... Advertisers love it !!!

Probably just a big PR stunt !!!
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby RB » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:38 pm

MW wrote:I understand why this whinge is happening, but is there any chance someone can start talking up the SANFL on this forum? Fair dinkum, nearly every thread has a negative tone.

The passion that people on this thread have for the SANFL is surely the best thing the league has in its favour...
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL