No votes
Salisbury
11%
Westminster OS
14%

Total votes : 85

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Postby laser » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:01 pm

Wazz17 wrote:As a long time Demons member to see the way the lads played on Saturday was extreme disappointing as they were clearly the best side all year.

WOS were far too good on the day and thoroughly deserved their win, congratulations guys.

What is also disappointing in some of the comments on this forum regarding EPFC and northern clubs from ill informed elitist posters.

"LMA - Immature, poor sportsmanship by EP" Now I was there and your water boy was just giving it to our players non stop and it was your supporter who came down to the fence to have a crack at Woodward which inflamed the situation and he knew it. People in glass houses?

Now not for one second do I condone Woodward's behavior and actions. I sincerely hope that he is dealt with accordingly. The guy who came in after was an EPFC supporter but I have only seen him a couple of times before and he not a member of our club. I believe there will be action taken against him as well.

"WOS Dragons - Woodward is a peasant" Really? Is that the best and most appropriate comment you can come up with as an old scholar. Surely something more eloquent from your list of adjectives is more appropriate from such highly educated person such as yourself.

"LMA - Give them their own league". What a absolutely joke. What do you guys really want, an exclusive old scholars - university competition run by elitist snobs from Adelaide, Unley & surrounding parklands. Although it would probably be the most sanitised competition we would ever see it also most likely be the most boring. Yelling from the sidelines would be banned and "Well done chaps" would be the order of the day.

All clubs have their good and bad, both players & supporters alike but making it personal based on demographics is highly offensive. Have I made derogatory comments about WOS lack of parking, their facilities and their couch, no I haven't. The Ch9AFL competition has been made stronger by the clubs from all parts of Adelaide and to single out one area is pure hypocrisy.

Hmmm.
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby S Demon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:15 pm

Wazz17 wrote: All clubs have their good and bad, both players & supporters alike but making it personal based on demographics is highly offensive. Have I made derogatory comments about WOS lack of parking, their facilities and their couch, no I haven't. The Ch9AFL competition has been made stronger by the clubs from all parts of Adelaide and to single out one area is pure hypocrisy.

Wasn't very comfy?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby bubba love » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:27 pm

WOS dragons, do you guys expect your older guys to go on next year? Wakelin,shattock,tasborski,newman?will be a bloody good div 3 team if they all go again
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby WOS Dragons » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:30 pm

bubba love wrote:WOS dragons, do you guys expect your older guys to go on next year? Wakelin,shattock,tasborski,newman?will be a bloody good div 3 team if they all go again

Not sure on a couple but the majority will - we will hopefully line up a couple of recruits to strengthen us up for our first crack at div 3, We actually faired pretty well in trial games against both athelstone and pembroke in the pre-season and they are both playing in the GF this week so hopefully thats a good sign
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:36 pm

WOS Dragons wrote:
bubba love wrote:WOS dragons, do you guys expect your older guys to go on next year? Wakelin,shattock,tasborski,newman?will be a bloody good div 3 team if they all go again

Not sure on a couple but the majority will - we will hopefully line up a couple of recruits to strengthen us up for our first crack at div 3, We actually faired pretty well in trial games against both athelstone and pembroke in the pre-season and they are both playing in the GF this week so hopefully thats a good sign

WOSD: what happened to Vaughan Noonan?
Didn't play the second half of the year
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby WOS Dragons » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:43 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
WOS Dragons wrote:

WOSD: what happened to Vaughan Noonan?
Didn't play the second half of the year

Did his pcl mid year. We missed him, And both Harris and Reid with broken legs.
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby LMA » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:56 pm

Wazz, I'm no way affiliated with WOS as eluded to in your lengthy post, I understand your offence to my generalization about the Northern Clubs, not the "Post Codes" itself. This is an opinion formed from over 20+ years playing and supporting at high and low divisions of Amateurs.

But, before you go teeing of at someone's comments or opinion you take offence to, make sure you don't retort with the exact line of comments you were originally offended by. Elitist snobs comes to mind, anyway Peace
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby heater31 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:28 pm

Seems the Karma Bus has backed up over our Eastern Park friend according to his Facebook Profile...... :roll:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:16 pm

Any one in woody's shoes at that stage would have done the exact same thing.. When a spectator from the opposition, starts calling you out and walking towards you, as your minutes away from losing a grand final, what else do you expect him to do? He definitely handled it much better than I would have! And the bloke probably got what he deserved in the end, be humble in victory, don't start carrying on like a hero and expect everyone to be fine about it.. As for some of the dumbest comments I've ever read on this forum, woody is in the top 5 players in the competition by a mile and eastern park have absolutely nailed it by recruiting him.. I guarantee every club in the division would jump at the chance of signing him! He's a freak footballer and an even better bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve and stands up for what he believes in, every one of us is behind him 100% in any situation!!!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Dols » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:52 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Any one in woody's shoes at that stage would have done the exact same thing.. When a spectator from the opposition, starts calling you out and walking towards you, as your minutes away from losing a grand final, what else do you expect him to do? He definitely handled it much better than I would have! And the bloke probably got what he deserved in the end, be humble in victory, don't start carrying on like a hero and expect everyone to be fine about it.. As for some of the dumbest comments I've ever read on this forum, woody is in the top 5 players in the competition by a mile and eastern park have absolutely nailed it by recruiting him.. I guarantee every club in the division would jump at the chance of signing him! He's a freak footballer and an even better bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve and stands up for what he believes in, every one of us is behind him 100% in any situation!!!
i guess this is exactly why people are talking about northern clubs. Because to say that anyone else would jump the fence and take on a spectator is just a brain dead comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Postby Dols » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:02 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Any one in woody's shoes at that stage would have done the exact same thing.. When a spectator from the opposition, starts calling you out and walking towards you, as your minutes away from losing a grand final, what else do you expect him to do? He definitely handled it much better than I would have! And the bloke probably got what he deserved in the end, be humble in victory, don't start carrying on like a hero and expect everyone to be fine about it.. As for some of the dumbest comments I've ever read on this forum, woody is in the top 5 players in the competition by a mile and eastern park have absolutely nailed it by recruiting him.. I guarantee every club in the division would jump at the chance of signing him! He's a freak footballer and an even better bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve and stands up for what he believes in, every one of us is behind him 100% in any situation!!!
i guess this is exactly why people are talking about northern clubs. To say that anyone else would jump the fence and take on a spectator is just a brain dead comment and a blight on your club.

Dols
Reserves

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:00 am

be humble in victory? Might want to tell that to the people on here that we're giving WOS shit 6 weeks ago. I think most clubs would say that their kind words from the sidelines at Eastern Park over the years are far from humble, especially when most of it comes from blokes who are drinking from eskies within 20 metres from the clubrooms. I'm all for copping it but when and if the roles reverse be ready to cop the horns.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby bubba love » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:08 am

Both times we played EP this year our players were baited for fights by their crowd, one supporter continuously came to our huddle threatening to bash our players, no one from our team tried to fight him! Even as we left and got in our cars after the game we were given send offs! Still no fights, silly comment to say everyone would do the same.
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby heater31 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:35 am

Just goes to show that some clubs collectively have more intelligence than others.....

I can recall (not Eastern Park either) a few years ago a WOS president was attacked in the car park of their home ground.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:57 am

heater31 wrote:Just goes to show that some clubs collectively have more intelligence than others.....

I can recall (not Eastern Park either) a few years ago a WOS president was attacked in the car park of their home ground.

It was at Smithfield
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Dols » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:58 am

mighty hounds wrote:
heater31 wrote:Just goes to show that some clubs collectively have more intelligence than others.....

It was at Smithfield
is Smithfield out north?

Dols
Reserves

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:06 am

Whilst Woody is a very good player I wouldn't have him in the top 5 best players in the comp either personally. I would rate the 5 below better in no particular order and I reckon there are some others I have missed. Purely my opinion, not saying it is right.

Pederson
Rowe
Paget
Moser
Fisher
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby beef » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:07 am

WOW. I've played and lived in the Northern suburbs my whole life and don't think anyone i know would do the same thing. Just because you can play footy doesnt make you a good bloke. Hopefully he never plays in this league again.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 254 times

Postby beef » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:18 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Whilst Woody is a very good player I wouldn't have him in the top 5 best players in the comp either personally. I would rate the 5 below better in no particular order and I reckon there are some others I have missed. Purely my opinion, not saying it is right.

Pederson
Rowe
Paget
Moser
Fisher

Think you got 4/5 right.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 254 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:23 am

Who is the off one mate you reckon?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League