Prison Release Umpires

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Prison Release Umpires

Postby HH3 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:43 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:About 10 prisoners took part this year and he wanted the program to expand next year.

so lets say one of these convicted people goal umpire or anything in general at a game will both clubs on the day be notified or only told if something bad happens

Do you guys check your players criminal histories, and disclose it to every club you play?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby MW » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:51 pm

I think it's fair to say it's assumed in some instances
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:34 pm

All Umpires are subject to a police clearance before they can umpire.
So are we saying no Police check's were done because none of them would have passed thus they should not be umpiring.
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby cracka » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:36 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:All Umpires are subject to a police clearance before they can umpire.
So are we saying no Police check's were done because none of them would have passed thus they should not be umpiring.

A police check just shows your criminal history, there is no pass or fail that I'm aware of.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby morell » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:23 am

Robb_Stark wrote:these people have no morales to start with how can they be trusted to umpire a game I call Them a cheat he stabs me n the car park

Parole board let killers pedo's into society and next to schools etc why would they tell the saafl what crimes they done in past funny if these convicts bump into people they robbed or hurt in the past
Actually, if you rehabilitate prisoners properly and allow them access to support networks and a community - like football! - then you're probably less likely to get stabbed than if they get released to nothing and fall back into desperation.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:25 am

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:All Umpires are subject to a police clearance before they can umpire.

I cannot beleive the bile coming from Robb_Stark and FOURTH ESTATE - simply looking to rubbish a program that is giving people who've made a mistake in life, and EARNT THE RIGHT to redeem themselves, to move back into normal society.

Every check is made, and they would be subject to very strict conditions (one participant failed to return on time and was sent back to the big house) - there are huge penalties for those that don't do this properly.

Focus on the positives, for once......
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:13 pm

ezydoesitbigfella wrote:

I cannot beleive the bile coming from Robb_Stark and FOURTH ESTATE - simply looking to rubbish a program that is giving people who've made a mistake in life, and EARNT THE RIGHT to redeem themselves, to move back into normal society.

Every check is made, and they would be subject to very strict conditions (one participant failed to return on time and was sent back to the big house) - there are huge penalties for those that don't do this properly.

Focus on the positives, for once......

Manslaughter can never be forgiven a home invasion where you are beat up and robbed at knife point can be forgiven you do not earn the right when you have taken so much from the community they have to work for the rest of there life to try and earn back trust im not like Shrek or half of you who seem more then happy to roll a blind eye with out knowing the extent of the 10 convicts Shrek has you believe they are petty crims they are actually nowhere near that at all
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:40 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:Manslaughter can never be forgiven a home invasion where you are beat up and robbed at knife point can be forgiven you do not earn the right when you have taken so much from the community they have to work for the rest of there life to try and earn back trust im not like Shrek or half of you who seem more then happy to roll a blind eye with out knowing the extent of the 10 convicts Shrek has you believe they are petty crims they are actually nowhere near that at all

Sounds like you are well known to these individuals Robb_Stark? You ACTUALLY know what these people have done to society?

Loving your punctuation, by the way!

Thank goodness you are not in charge of any organisation or part of any community that makes decisions on matters like this.

You'd have them locked away for ever?
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Postby zedman » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:02 pm

i think we had one in our rd 18 game at hectorville..although i didnt know of the program at the time i was curious as to who the "new" umpire was as i had never seen him before..he told me he was from a league in pt augusta and that the saafl had invited him and some others to help umpire games in adelaide..did a good job..smiled a lot..and nobody got stabbed! :roll:
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:25 pm

zedman wrote:i think we had one in our rd 18 game at hectorville..although i didnt know of the program at the time i was curious as to who the "new" umpire was as i had never seen him before..he told me he was from a league in pt augusta and that the saafl had invited him and some others to help umpire games in adelaide..did a good job..smiled a lot..and nobody got stabbed! :roll:

Also a good cover story! He was from the Port Augusta prison league ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:35 pm

heater31 wrote:
zedman wrote:i think we had one in our rd 18 game at hectorville..although i didnt know of the program at the time i was curious as to who the "new" umpire was as i had never seen him before..he told me he was from a league in pt augusta and that the saafl had invited him and some others to help umpire games in adelaide..did a good job..smiled a lot..and nobody got stabbed! :roll:

He doesnt have to explain himself to every person he meets......amazing how some people think...
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Postby heater31 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:46 pm

ezydoesitbigfella wrote:
heater31 wrote:

He doesnt have to explain himself to every person he meets......amazing how some people think...

The ;) indicates the post was in jest......the umpire was asked a question he answered it satisfactorily. It is possible that he provided some half truths but that is ok. Outside of the facility at Northfield Port Augusta has a significant population.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby retired60 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:59 pm

Just for the record. NO prison release umpires are appointed for field umpiring duties.
retired60

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby zedman » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:12 pm

retired60 wrote:Just for the record. NO prison release umpires are appointed for field umpiring duties.

so who was the guy i spoke to i wonder?..something else?
zedman
Coach

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:15 pm

zedman wrote:
retired60 wrote:Just for the record. NO prison release umpires are appointed for field umpiring duties.

I'd say the answer is......yes....
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:19 pm

ezydoesitbigfella wrote:
zedman wrote:

He was from Port Augusta, he told you that Zedman ;)
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:25 pm

ezydoesitbigfella wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:Manslaughter can never be forgiven a home invasion where you are beat up and robbed at knife point can be forgiven you do not earn the right when you have taken so much from the community they have to work for the rest of there life to try and earn back trust im not like Shrek or half of you who seem more then happy to roll a blind eye with out knowing the extent of the 10 convicts Shrek has you believe they are petty crims they are actually nowhere near that at all

Sounds like you are well known to these individuals Robb_Stark? You ACTUALLY know what these people have done to society?

Loving your punctuation, by the way!

Thank goodness you are not in charge of any organisation or part of any community that makes decisions on matters like this.

You'd have them locked away for ever?

In fairness to Robb, he probably would say that all in one breath.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:27 pm

I'd say a rapist/murderer would be more honest than half of the club umps I've seen in the B's over the years.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby zedman » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:36 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
ezydoesitbigfella wrote:
zedman wrote:

starting to doubt it even happened now! :)

It was also a bit strange because as the A grade ump, he was there 1 hour before the B grade game started, that's rare.
zedman
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:55 pm

zedman wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
ezydoesitbigfella wrote:
zedman wrote:[quote="retired60"]Just for the record. NO prison release umpires are appointed for field umpiring duties.

starting to doubt it even happened now! :)

It was also a bit strange because as the A grade ump, he was there 1 hour before the B grade game started, that's rare.[/quote]
Casing the joint?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League