No votes
Salisbury
11%
Westminster OS
14%

Total votes : 85

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Postby beef » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:26 am

Clearly Paget, hasnt played on an opponent for 3 years. The only thing worse than his playing ability is his punting ability.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:28 am

Hahaha. Hasn't missed a target in 3 years either. Only kicks 25 metres at a time though.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby WOS Dragons » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:32 am

mighty hounds wrote:
heater31 wrote:Just goes to show that some clubs collectively have more intelligence than others.....

I can recall (not Eastern Park either) a few years ago a WOS president was attacked in the car park of their home ground.

It was at Smithfield

It was actually at home but yes v smithfield. Though I think that incident forced them to turn their club around and by all reports they are on the up and up and back into div 4. Over my 17 years of playing amateur footy their have only been 3 clubs that have given us any issues.
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby WOS Dragons » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:41 am

beef wrote:
#bleedredandblue wrote:Any one in woody's shoes at that stage would have done the exact same thing.. When a spectator from the opposition, starts calling you out and walking towards you, as your minutes away from losing a grand final, what else do you expect him to do? He definitely handled it much better than I would have! And the bloke probably got what he deserved in the end, be humble in victory, don't start carrying on like a hero and expect everyone to be fine about it.. As for some of the dumbest comments I've ever read on this forum, woody is in the top 5 players in the competition by a mile and eastern park have absolutely nailed it by recruiting him.. I guarantee every club in the division would jump at the chance of signing him! He's a freak footballer and an even better bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve and stands up for what he believes in, every one of us is behind him 100% in any situation!!!

WOW. I've played and lived in the Northern suburbs my whole life and don't think anyone i know would do the same thing. Just because you can play footy doesnt make you a good bloke. Hopefully he never plays in this league again.

Unfortunately he isn't the main issue. He was just the one that took it too far this weekend.

To me the supporters are the bigger concern. They swear at and threaten players all day in front of both our players kids and their own kids which is just not on. How can clubs encourage supporters to come to games if that's what they have to put up with. And we all know if families dont want to come to games then the players will stop playing. I get that all clubs have peanut supporters who take things to far however on saturday it was clear that EP had a majority of supporters in that category who all get caught up in mob mentality.

I reckon if you did a survey of all clubs that have played at EP over the last couple of years they would all say the same thing about the supporters and the environment they are playing in. This isnt a reflection on northern clubs as Elizabeth FC is a stones throw away and is a brilliant place to play footy.
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby valleys07 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:15 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Any one in woody's shoes at that stage would have done the exact same thing.. When a spectator from the opposition, starts calling you out and walking towards you, as your minutes away from losing a grand final, what else do you expect him to do? He definitely handled it much better than I would have! And the bloke probably got what he deserved in the end, be humble in victory, don't start carrying on like a hero and expect everyone to be fine about it.. As for some of the dumbest comments I've ever read on this forum, woody is in the top 5 players in the competition by a mile and eastern park have absolutely nailed it by recruiting him.. I guarantee every club in the division would jump at the chance of signing him! He's a freak footballer and an even better bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve and stands up for what he believes in, every one of us is behind him 100% in any situation!!!

With all due respect, be humble in victory is expected. So is being gracious in defeat.

From all accounts on here, Woody actually bought the abuse on himself by unnecessarily "throwing his weight around" when the game was done and dusted, and refused to come off when instructed to do so by the runner.

Not condoning the actions of either Woody or the WOS spectator, but as has been the nature of footy crowds back to before Jesus was born, you do something silly on the footy field, expect to cop some lip from the opposition supporters.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby morell » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:22 am

morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:34 am

Just on the topic of how geography affects anti social behaviour...

Distance from the CBD is irrelevant. Distance to and from poverty (in all its variants) however has a distinct correction. Just so happens that in a lot of Australian cities where owning land has been a major contributor to wealth that it appears as though the further out you get, the lower the socio-economic indicators becomes.
morell
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:59 am

WOS Dragons wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
heater31 wrote:Just goes to show that some clubs collectively have more intelligence than others.....

I can recall (not Eastern Park either) a few years ago a WOS president was attacked in the car park of their home ground.

It was at Smithfield

It was actually at home but yes v smithfield. Though I think that incident forced them to turn their club around and by all reports they are on the up and up and back into div 4. Over my 17 years of playing amateur footy their have only been 3 clubs that have given us any issues.

Oh it happened at WOS. I remember the incident because we played Smithfield the next week. Didn't the spectator bottle the president?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby twobob » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:02 am

I just have to wonder just why do all these incidences occur in games involving WOS. The president getting struck against Smithfield. Wasn't WOS involved the memorable Central United shitty door handle incident. Now this game, is there a chance there could be some provocation from WOS and an issue within its own supporters. I seem to remember the WOS supporters making a nuisance of themselves at they're previous grand final appearance. A certain supporter with a bugle comes to mind, I'm sure there were many that day that would liked to of confiscated that instrument. The stones on this forum are the easiest to throw, but before you do you need to maybe have a look in your own backyard. If the EP player has done something stupid as has been widely discussed on these pages then I'm sure he will be dealt with by the league.
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:07 am

twobob wrote:I just have to wonder just why do all these incidences occur in games involving WOS. The president getting struck against Smithfield. Wasn't WOS involved the memorable Central United shitty door handle incident. Now this game, is there a chance there could be some provocation from WOS and an issue within its own supporters. I seem to remember the WOS supporters making a nuisance of themselves at they're previous grand final appearance. A certain supporter with a bugle comes to mind, I'm sure there were many that day that would liked to of confiscated that instrument. The stones on this forum are the easiest to throw, but before you do you need to maybe have a look in your own backyard. If the EP player has done something stupid as has been widely discussed on these pages then I'm sure he will be dealt with by the league.

It was Blackfriars, not WOS - can you at least get facts right before throwing your own stones. :?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Lance's brother » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:11 am

twobob wrote:I just have to wonder just why do all these incidences occur in games involving WOS. The president getting struck against Smithfield. Wasn't WOS involved the memorable Central United shitty door handle incident. Now this game, is there a chance there could be some provocation from WOS and an issue within its own supporters. I seem to remember the WOS supporters making a nuisance of themselves at they're previous grand final appearance. A certain supporter with a bugle comes to mind, I'm sure there were many that day that would liked to of confiscated that instrument. The stones on this forum are the easiest to throw, but before you do you need to maybe have a look in your own backyard. If the EP player has done something stupid as has been widely discussed on these pages then I'm sure he will be dealt with by the league.

Shitty door incident wasn't against us. Think that was against Blackfriars. I believe that was directed at the umpires too and not their club if what I was told was correct.
Lance's brother
Under 18s

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby scottroo » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:14 am

Westminster are the envy of Many clubs. We had a pretty poor
Relationship with them which started 20 years ago. These days the two clubs get along very well, almost too well!!! Plenty of good lads at wosfc and it starts with Easton, Newman etc. I don't think pointing the finger at Westminster as the trouble maker is correct
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:16 am

This is just wonderful - one bloke jumps a fence and all of a sudden we're back bashing other random clubs for no apparent reason.

I know it's a slow news week but puuuuh-lease people, give it a rest

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby twobob » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:21 am

If you read my statement correctly i actually asked the question about their involvement in that incident. I also wasn't having a go at WOS it was merely an observation that similar incidences have occurred to them before.
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby Dols » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:25 am

Robert Muir back in the day did the same thing in the SANFL. Woodville terminated his contract. Will Eastern Park be strong and do the same or will they be weak and rely on the league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:25 am

Lance's brother wrote:

Shitty door incident wasn't against us. Think that was against Blackfriars. I believe that was directed at the umpires too and not their club if what I was told was correct.

Stop talking crap.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:39 am

There's a time and a place for puns mate :lol:

Footy Chick

Postby morell » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:42 am

scottroo wrote:Westminster are the envy of Many clubs.
Absolutely. Their achievements are remarkable. I recall having them on toast on their home deck (up by 8 goals) in 2013 and then beating them at The Den later in the year.

To have gone D6 Premiers, D5 Premiers, D4 competitive, D4 Premiers in the 4 years since is astonishing.

A model club for all "lower division" clubs to follow.

Shame we're talking about palaver rather than the above.
morell
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:45 am

Footy Chick wrote:There's a time and a place for puns mate :lol:

Sorry, we're just flogging a dead horse on here with a slow news day, there's good a bad supporters at all clubs, I don't think anyone is exempt from the odd loud mouth person who makes us cringe every time they open their lamington hole.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:01 pm

morell wrote:
scottroo wrote:Westminster are the envy of Many clubs.
Absolutely. Their achievements are remarkable. I recall having them on toast on their home deck (up by 8 goals) in 2013 and then beating them at The Den later in the year.

To have gone D6 Premiers, D5 Premiers, D4 competitive, D4 Premiers in the 4 years since is astonishing.

A model club for all "lower division" clubs to follow.

Shame we're talking about palaver rather than the above.

Back when we were in div 6 with WOS in 2007 from memory I remember them playing Lockleys last game of the year to stay in div 6. Lockleys were playing for a finals berth and WOS needed to win to stay in the div. WOS beat them which sent MP down instead. Could have changed WOS next decade had they gone to div 7. Remarkable effort to be in div 3 9-10 years later
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League