Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby beer tent » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:47 pm

tigerpie wrote:Considering the lad had surgery yesterday for a busted jaw, i dont think Mott will be playing again this year.

From all reports if the coward punch had been a little higher this could have been a tragedy. We all poke sh1t at each other but on a serious note we MUST stamp this out! Its somebody's son, imagine how we would all feel if it was our own :(
beer tent

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby banterfordays » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:56 pm

Down the Hill wrote:
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR wrote:DTH not sure if you realise Harrison Gerbhardt has only played C Grade this year - 10 matches actually.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yes of course I realise but I was trying to say that Gebhardt and White (sorry I said Wilson) are young blokes that are too good for C grade footy. Gebhardt kicked 50 goals in 12 B grade games last year and played 7 A grade games including the Prelim so he is not a C grade footballer. Nearly all C grade flags including ours have been won with some "sandbagging" so just take the win and King shouldn't play the spirit and ethics card whilst taking shots at others.

How many goals did Gebhardt kick on Saturday night?
banterfordays

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Tiger83 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:07 pm

banterfordays wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR wrote:DTH not sure if you realise Harrison Gerbhardt has only played C Grade this year - 10 matches actually.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yes of course I realise but I was trying to say that Gebhardt and White (sorry I said Wilson) are young blokes that are too good for C grade footy. Gebhardt kicked 50 goals in 12 B grade games last year and played 7 A grade games including the Prelim so he is not a C grade footballer. Nearly all C grade flags including ours have been won with some "sandbagging" so just take the win and King shouldn't play the spirit and ethics card whilst taking shots at others.

How many goals did Gebhardt kick on Saturday night?

Didn't trouble the scorers, but has a Premiership Medal hanging around his neck.. I'd be happy to not get a kick if it meant winning a GF at any level.
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Animus » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:27 pm

beer tent wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Considering the lad had surgery yesterday for a busted jaw, i dont think Mott will be playing again this year.

From all reports if the coward punch had been a little higher this could have been a tragedy. We all poke sh1t at each other but on a serious note we MUST stamp this out! Its somebody's son, imagine how we would all feel if it was our own :(

Woah there...coward punch? It was a bad act worthy of a suspension, but it was not a coward punch
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Luke15 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:41 pm

Animus wrote:
beer tent wrote:

Woah there...coward punch? It was a bad act worthy of a suspension, but it was not a coward punch

Have to.agree with Animus here. Its was a "dog act" flinging the elbow out but definitely was not a coward punch. Just hope the young fella from Flies is ok
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby shoe boy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:49 pm

In a contact sport people from time get injured .

Played the ball and won the ball !!

I recall Brett Hudson playing for the Shoe against Marion who was involved in a sickening collision where his face was reconstructed with no malice from any player on the field .

Some people get a little emotional and we don't like to see anyone injured but it happens.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby reppoh_eht » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:34 pm

shoe boy wrote:In a contact sport people from time get injured .

I recall Brett Hudson playing for the Shoe against Marion who was involved in a sickening collision where his face was reconstructed with no malice from any player on the field .

Some people get a little emotional and we don't like to see anyone injured but it happens.

So umpire got it wrong and the red card was a mistake? :?
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Luke15 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:53 pm

I usually like what you post Shoeboy but this post is utter horseshit. If you think it was a footy collision you are delusional and thats coming from a neutral supporter.

The ball was gone and Noarlunga player ran past Reynella player and flung the elbow out. Not a footy collision
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:23 pm

DTH...Brighton couldnt find an engraver for the u14 Sunday shield in the last 12 months? Where can we send the invoice? ;)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:41 pm

Luke15 wrote:

I usually like what you post Shoeboy but this post is utter horseshit. If you think it was a footy collision you are delusional and thats coming from a neutral supporter.

The ball was gone and Noarlunga player ran past Reynella player and flung the elbow out. Not a footy collision

I am told there is more to this one and it was a reprisal for an earlier incident rather than isolated on its own.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Thumbs Up » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:47 pm

Luke15 wrote:
Red Devil wrote:Let's not forget the Shoes runner spending half the game on the field and getting physically involved in the tussle late in the game! That is not on and very poorly umpired, runners/water boys or any officials should not physically touch players from the opposition!
He should be the one missing the rest of the year!!!

The Shoes runner is a serial offender at staying on the ground too long but you know what if you can get away.with it and the umpires arent smart enough to pick up on it then good luck to you.

But grabbing a.player is totally and utterly unacceptable and he should be at the very least spoken too by the SFL.

When did a RUNNER last win a game of football off his own boot?
Thumbs Up
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time

Postby Thumbs Up » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:49 pm

King wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Looks like a good crowd down at Dingy today....couldn't believe how big the crowd at HV last night for the C grade GF, reckon there was at least 1500 there, great night.

Yes Dutchy it was a great night (winners are grinners) and that comes from someone who is totally against playing the C grade GF on a Saturday night. I know it's done for money but to play a Sunday comp main game of the year on a Sat. night is ridiculous. A lot of these guys play Sunday because they can't play Saturday. A good few of them are more mature age and have difficulty seeing the ball under lights and very few of them would ever train under lights. I'll also add that the HV lights are adequate, but not good enough. Most spectators struggled to identify players on the other side of the ground to where they were situated. The lack of a microphone for the formal presentations is a further black mark.
Now for the positives.
Despite the loop hole in the governing rules, both clubs played teams according to the "spirit" of the rules (unlike one of the eliminated finalists) . This is a great credit to both clubs and deserves recognition. The game itself was good quality and exciting; again a credit to both clubs. Most of all in was played with what a lot of us don't see often enough, GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP. This is a trade mark of the C grade and something that appears to lack in a lot of the other grades. In closing my sincere gratulations and kudos to the Reynella Football Club and their supporters for their attendance throughout the presentations, their applause and excellent demeanour. GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP is not dead ................ at least in the SFL C grade!

The photo proves it . The runner is spending to much time on the ground.
Thumbs Up
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:22 pm

Dutchy wrote:DTH...Brighton couldnt find an engraver for the u14 Sunday shield in the last 12 months? Where can we send the invoice? ;)

Was hoping the SFL would notice that. We got the C & U18 done and you can thank us for the brand new C grade shield. The old one split in half down the same split that had been repaired previously, which I think was a pretty dodgy liquid nails fix. Not sure what club was responsible for the original damage. I actually repaired it again and thought I did a pretty good job but the SFL got The trophy shop to have a look at it and they decided a brand new shield was in order and they were still able to transfer all the original premier engravings plus the centre piece. On the invoice, you can drop it into our new pigeon hole at Aldi Arena. :D
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby reppoh_eht » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:05 pm

How many Shoe Boy?
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby zooman07 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:45 pm

Thumbs Up wrote:
Luke15 wrote:
Red Devil wrote:Let's not forget the Shoes runner spending half the game on the field and getting physically involved in the tussle late in the game! That is not on and very poorly umpired, runners/water boys or any officials should not physically touch players from the opposition!
He should be the one missing the rest of the year!!!

The Shoes runner is a serial offender at staying on the ground too long but you know what if you can get away.with it and the umpires arent smart enough to pick up on it then good luck to you.

But grabbing a.player is totally and utterly unacceptable and he should be at the very least spoken too by the SFL.

When did a RUNNER last win a game of football off his own boot?

Don't know bout you guys but don't you go to the footy to watch the game not the runner!!
Called through after Father's Day lunch and as a spectator the game looked to be played at a very good standard albeit reynella looked very slow and no where near as hard at the footy as the $hoes..Is this the end of G.P or will the Dogga hang round to show him the way like he has in the last 4 or 5 years and lead this ageing list out of the quagmire...Time to regenerate I think.Brighton and $hoes get the job done this week..!
zooman07

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:14 am

Thumbs Up wrote:
King wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Looks like a good crowd down at Dingy today....couldn't believe how big the crowd at HV last night for the C grade GF, reckon there was at least 1500 there, great night.

Yes Dutchy it was a great night (winners are grinners) and that comes from someone who is totally against playing the C grade GF on a Saturday night. I know it's done for money but to play a Sunday comp main game of the year on a Sat. night is ridiculous. A lot of these guys play Sunday because they can't play Saturday. A good few of them are more mature age and have difficulty seeing the ball under lights and very few of them would ever train under lights. I'll also add that the HV lights are adequate, but not good enough. Most spectators struggled to identify players on the other side of the ground to where they were situated. The lack of a microphone for the formal presentations is a further black mark.
Now for the positives.
Despite the loop hole in the governing rules, both clubs played teams according to the "spirit" of the rules (unlike one of the eliminated finalists) . This is a great credit to both clubs and deserves recognition. The game itself was good quality and exciting; again a credit to both clubs. Most of all in was played with what a lot of us don't see often enough, GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP. This is a trade mark of the C grade and something that appears to lack in a lot of the other grades. In closing my sincere gratulations and kudos to the Reynella Football Club and their supporters for their attendance throughout the presentations, their applause and excellent demeanour. GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP is not dead ................ at least in the SFL C grade!

The photo proves it . The runner is spending to much time on the ground.

The runner is a pest
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby marbles » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:24 pm

are all them cockatoos still at aldinga oval?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:35 pm

Feom SFL Facebook, so what was the outcome?

A post has been deleted about a tribunal decision last night. We cannot discuss any tribunal decision in an open forum. Multiple clubs have been in contact with the SFL President today. Comments can be made through your clubs. Please be aware that if you weren't at the tribunal hearing last night you don't know what evidence was presented and what influenced the decision. I wasn't at the tribunal and don't know what the commissioners were given either.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby godra » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:24 pm

Dutchy wrote:Feom SFL Facebook, so what was the outcome?

A post has been deleted about a tribunal decision last night. We cannot discuss any tribunal decision in an open forum. Multiple clubs have been in contact with the SFL President today. Comments can be made through your clubs. Please be aware that if you weren't at the tribunal hearing last night you don't know what evidence was presented and what influenced the decision. I wasn't at the tribunal and don't know what the commissioners were given either.

Hmmm sounds interesting. To me, that reads as other clubs are asking questions of the SFL regarding the decision. Perhaps some aren't happy with the penalty/or lack thereof??

Will be waiting to hear the result.
godra

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:28 pm

Dutchy wrote:Feom SFL Facebook, so what was the outcome?

So we aren't allowed to know how many games he got?
Why can't we discuss the penalty?
Strange, unless its a criminal case.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL