World Cup 2018

The World Game

Re: World Cup 2018

Postby RB » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:38 pm

Jim05 wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Cahill comes off the bench and scores the only goal of the game.
UAE 0-1 Australia.
After the Japs shock opening loss we sit top of the group with the Saudi's

How was the cross though?

Great cross, he is really starting to show something now

I assume you're talking about Smith? If yes then I agree. Good full backs are as rare as hens' teeth but we seem to have unearthed a couple of decent ones lately.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:55 pm

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Probably just need a bit more bite up front to take the next step. With the exception of Cahill none of them are that clinical in front of goal.

Giannou hasn't really done much for Australia yet (haven't seen last nights game, did he start?) but hopefully he can be that guy

Agree we are one striker and probably one tough as filfhy Robert Huth type centre back away from that next step and potential quarter final World Cup placing

In saying that with the likes of Rogic, Mooy and Luongo we do have multiple midfield options we can find goals in

I think Juric has the potential to do a pretty serviceable job for the Aussies over the next four years of his given a decent run in the side

It's like the Warney situation all over again ever striker we get over the next five years is going to be compared to Cahill until someone completely different comes along like a Nathan Lyon

Yeah our midfield looks great. Varied and dangerous.

Leckie juric kruse have all got into awesome positions in the recent games I have seen and just not put it away.

Anyone know how mabil is going? Just looked up his wiki and it seems he is on loan in Denmark from his Dutch club
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:14 pm

RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Cahill comes off the bench and scores the only goal of the game.
UAE 0-1 Australia.
After the Japs shock opening loss we sit top of the group with the Saudi's

How was the cross though?

Great cross, he is really starting to show something now

I assume you're talking about Smith? If yes then I agree. Good full backs are as rare as hens' teeth but we seem to have unearthed a couple of decent ones lately.

When I watch Smith I feel like I'm watching a Brett Emerton clone
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:15 pm

bennymacca wrote:
whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Probably just need a bit more bite up front to take the next step. With the exception of Cahill none of them are that clinical in front of goal.

Giannou hasn't really done much for Australia yet (haven't seen last nights game, did he start?) but hopefully he can be that guy

Agree we are one striker and probably one tough as filfhy Robert Huth type centre back away from that next step and potential quarter final World Cup placing

In saying that with the likes of Rogic, Mooy and Luongo we do have multiple midfield options we can find goals in

I think Juric has the potential to do a pretty serviceable job for the Aussies over the next four years of his given a decent run in the side

It's like the Warney situation all over again ever striker we get over the next five years is going to be compared to Cahill until someone completely different comes along like a Nathan Lyon

Leckie juric kruse have all got into awesome positions in the recent games I have seen and just not put it away.

Anyone know how mabil is going? Just looked up his wiki and it seems he is on loan in Denmark from his Dutch club

Not to sure about Mabil but old mate Craig Goodwin has had a very bright start to his Dutch league career
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:32 pm

Mabil was close to coming home, nightmare stint in Holland
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:32 pm

whufc wrote:
Not to sure about Mabil but old mate Craig Goodwin has had a very bright start to his Dutch league career

Forgot about goodwin. Good luck to him.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:24 pm

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
whufc wrote:

imo, Mabil went 1-2 seasons too early
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:49 am

Rest of the Australian games leading up to the World Cup are going to be shown live on the Channel 9 network beginning this Friday
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby bennymacca » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:06 am

Brodlach wrote:Rest of the Australian games leading up to the World Cup are going to be shown live on the Channel 9 network beginning this Friday

Interesting, I hope they are still on fox too
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:51 am

We have come from a goal down to lead 2-1.
Saudis have been their usual disgrace, flopping and wasting time when it was 1-1 trying to escape with a draw
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:02 am

Milligan you ******* spud!
2-2
Jim05
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:48 am

Son scores the winner for South Korea! Just about the hottest player in the world at the moment!
China lost to Syria! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby bennymacca » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:03 pm

Jim05 wrote:Milligan you ******* spud!
2-2

Was terrible defending for that last goal. 5 of them were standing there watching.

2-2 is probably a fair result. We dominated possession but couldn't finish, the Saudis looked much more dangerous when they went forward.

And agree Jim, they were flopping everywhere.

I thought the game only had to stop for head injuries? Maybe they should start being tougher on that
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:06 pm

bennymacca wrote:
2-2

Was terrible defending for that last goal. 5 of them were standing there watching.

2-2 is probably a fair result. We dominated possession but couldn't finish, the Saudis looked much more dangerous when they went forward.

I thought the game only had to stop for head injuries? Maybe they should start being tougher on that

Milligan almost cost us the game after being done again late and needed Ryan to pull off a save.
Was funny how the Saudis were rolling around like they were dead when it was 1-1 and then we go ahead and all of a sudden miraculously they are running quicker than Usain Bolt lol
Jim05
Coach

Postby carey » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:10 pm

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
2-2

Milligan almost cost us the game after being done again late and needed Ryan to pull off a save.
Was funny how the Saudis were rolling around like they were dead when it was 1-1 and then we go ahead and all of a sudden miraculously they are running quicker than Usain Bolt lol

That sounds like just about every soccer game I've ever seen.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Jim05 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:12 pm

carey wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
2-2

That sounds like just about every soccer game I've ever seen.

You obviously haven't seen many then.
The Asian sides are bad for it and the Arab countries by far the worst at time wasting and diving.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:54 pm

Ah Prenalty!
1-1
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:25 pm

Finishes 1-1.
First half was one of the most pitiful I've seen by the Socceroos, was just horrendous
Jim05
Coach

Postby LPH » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:37 pm

Terrible by Aussies... I'm surprised Jedinak didn't pass the penalty backwards!!!
Lots of work to do if we are to have a decent WC
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby bennymacca » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:04 pm

LPH wrote:Terrible by Aussies... I'm surprised Jedinak didn't pass the penalty backwards!!!
Lots of work to do if we are to have a decent WC

second half was really good, all over them.

Stay top of the group after draws to the two next best teams isnt a bad result
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer