Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby vics01 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:39 pm

RFC

Did you really expect anything different from the kangaroo court called the SFL Tribunal??..

Oops do not mention it in a public forum!! They are unprofessional at the very least, when considering they are playing with income of clubs..

Sadly the management do not want to move forward and improve the board.. Arrogance and ignorance are the key words..
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby RFC 2010 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:46 pm

vics01 wrote:RFC

Did you really expect anything different from the kangaroo court called the SFL Tribunal??..

Oops do not mention it in a public forum!! They are unprofessional at the very least, when considering they are playing with income of clubs..

Sadly the management do not want to move forward and improve the board.. Arrogance and ignorance are the key words..

The sad thing is that the result didn't surprise me one bit.

Even though Noarlunga had footage of the incident, nobody could force them to produce it at the hearing so it wasn't produced. Even though there were a lot of witnesses, it becomes a case of "he said, she said", the Tribunal gives Mott the benefit of the doubt but still feels like it has to impose a penalty, so they run with two games because this will see him possibly miss a GF.

He's either guilty and deserves at least 8 weeks or he's not guilty and he gets nothing.
RFC 2010
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby vics01 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:54 pm

Unfortunately there is no procedural fairness at the SFL tribunal.. Am aware of other times video has been offered as evidence and the tribunal has said we have seen it but we ignore it.. Even though it exonerated the alleged offender.. Amateur hour, kangaroo court at it's best. Simple as it sounds if in fact the video footage existed. player is suspended until it is produced.. investigation committee to follow.. I am sure shoe boy has some answers??
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby RFC 2010 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:26 pm

vics01 wrote:Unfortunately there is no procedural fairness at the SFL tribunal.. Am aware of other times video has been offered as evidence and the tribunal has said we have seen it but we ignore it.. Even though it exonerated the alleged offender.. Amateur hour, kangaroo court at it's best. Simple as it sounds if in fact the video footage existed. player is suspended until it is produced.. investigation committee to follow.. I am sure shoe boy has some answers??

Shoe Boy? Old Man Munga?
RFC 2010
Rookie

Postby Boof » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:56 pm

Really does make you wonder why any club stays in this shambles of a league!
Boof
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Oldman Munga » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:15 pm

RFC 2010 wrote:
vics01 wrote:Unfortunately there is no procedural fairness at the SFL tribunal.. Am aware of other times video has been offered as evidence and the tribunal has said we have seen it but we ignore it.. Even though it exonerated the alleged offender.. Amateur hour, kangaroo court at it's best. Simple as it sounds if in fact the video footage existed. player is suspended until it is produced.. investigation committee to follow.. I am sure shoe boy has some answers??

Shoe Boy? Old Man Munga?

Think I'll just sit back and see how things pan out between SFL and Club on this one , there are those within the club that understand the
processes a lot better than me ,so I'll leave that to them
But I'm fairly pissed off reading people on this forum and social media calling Nick a dog,thug and coward etc ,anybody who has watched him play over the last 10 yrs would attest that those labels do not fit this lad in anyway shape or form , his record of SFL,Association and Country Cup games can't be ignored ,
One things for sure , the natives at the river bends are well and truely fired up for this weeks game ,
As for Reynella supporters all going down to support Flaggies on the weekend ?? Fine by us , they can't support their own club anymore so they can please themselves
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby RFC 2010 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:01 am

Never called him a dog. Said it was a dog act. Two different things. The fact that he rang the RFC coach after the game shows he's not a bad guy when he's not told what to do and say by the club
RFC 2010
Rookie

Postby pantherman » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:05 am

RFC 2010 wrote:Never called him a dog. Said it was a dog act. Two different things. The fact that he rang the RFC coach after the game shows he's not a bad guy when he's not told what to do and say by the club

You seem to know quite a lot about what he was "told to say". It's almost like you were there RFC 2010!
pantherman

Been liked: 7 times

Postby RFC 2010 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:45 am

pantherman wrote:
RFC 2010 wrote:Never called him a dog. Said it was a dog act. Two different things. The fact that he rang the RFC coach after the game shows he's not a bad guy when he's not told what to do and say by the club

You seem to know quite a lot about what he was "told to say". It's almost like you were there RFC 2010!

It's not hard to work out the flow of events. The lad rang Gianni straight after the game and openly felt shite about what had happened. He then turns around and claims at the tribunal that he was not guilty and that hitting Bradwell with an elbow and smashing his jaw was an unintended football collision. I wonder what happened between the phone call and the tribunal hearing? Be a man, admit what you did and take the consequences on the chin (or maybe the jaw)
RFC 2010
Rookie

Postby Wedgie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:22 am

You can't be sorry for a football collision? :?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times

Postby Oldman Munga » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:14 pm

pantherman wrote:

#flyonthwall ?
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times

Postby RFC 2010 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:25 pm

Oldman Munga wrote:
pantherman wrote:

#flyonthwall ?

I'll pay that
RFC 2010
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:10 pm

RFC 2010 wrote:
pantherman wrote:

It's not hard to work out the flow of events. The lad rang Gianni straight after the game and openly felt shite about what had happened. He then turns around and claims at the tribunal that he was not guilty and that hitting Bradwell with an elbow and smashing his jaw was an unintended football collision. I wonder what happened between the phone call and the tribunal hearing? Be a man, admit what you did and take the consequences on the chin (or maybe the jaw)

There is a lot of hysterical discussion here. I did not see the incident and have heard conflicting accounts so am not going to form an opinion either way.

However, to suggest that Mott contacting Petrucci to check on the health of the injured player is somewhat proof of his guilt is a step way too far.

I assume that the majority here have played enough football to understand it is an aggressive game, and yes you do at times intend to hurt your opponent. I doubt there are many who would deliberately attempt to injure an opponent though. If this incident was intentional, deliberate, reckless, negligent or accidental is not able to be determined by whether the accused holds any sympathy towards the injured player. Few of us gain joy from seeing another player with a serious injury.

All it does is reinforces Noarlunga's claims that he is a decent lad and the incident is either accidental (reckless or negligent) or out of character.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby RFC 2010 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:29 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
RFC 2010 wrote:
pantherman wrote:

There is a lot of hysterical discussion here. I did not see the incident and have heard conflicting accounts so am not going to form an opinion either way.

However, to suggest that Mott contacting Petrucci to check on the health of the injured player is somewhat proof of his guilt is a step way too far.

I assume that the majority here have played enough football to understand it is an aggressive game, and yes you do at times intend to hurt your opponent. I doubt there are many who would deliberately attempt to injure an opponent though. If this incident was intentional, deliberate, reckless, negligent or accidental is not able to be determined by whether the accused holds any sympathy towards the injured player. Few of us gain joy from seeing another player with a serious injury.

All it does is reinforces Noarlunga's claims that he is a decent lad and the incident is either accidental (reckless or negligent) or out of character.

Not only rang the RFC coach but also admitted that he **** up and regretted what he did as soon as he did it.

Anyway, there's no point going on about it. What's done is done. Chris Bradwell is sitting at home with a broken jaw and will be eating through a straw for at least 6 weeks while the guy who did it to him only misses two weeks of football (assuming there is no appeal or Supreme Court injunction)
RFC 2010
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:15 pm

RFC 2010 wrote:
RFC 2010 wrote:
pantherman wrote:[quote="RFC 2010"]Never called him a dog. Said it was a dog act. Two different things. The fact that he rang the RFC coach after the game shows he's not a bad guy when he's not told what to do and say by the club

Not only rang the RFC coach but also admitted that he **** up and regretted what he did as soon as he did it.

Anyway, there's no point going on about it. What's done is done. Chris Bradwell is sitting at home with a broken jaw and will be eating through a straw for at least 6 weeks while the guy who did it to him only misses two weeks of football (assuming there is no appeal or Supreme Court injunction)[/quote]
What I am finding hard to comprehend out of this is why people are considering it a light penalty. It is the two most important weeks of the season!

If Noarlunga win this week, he has missed a grand final, if they lose you could argue he has cost them a grand final. Stop looking at it as a number and put it into context of what part of the season it is.

I would happily give up all 200+ senior and reserves games I played to have played in one GF at any level.

Had Noarlunga been losing then there would be a big argument for more as he would have cost someone else the opportunity, however as they won this penalty is far beyond 6 regular season games.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby RFC 2010 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:23 pm

It doesn't matter if the incident occurred in round one, in the prelim or in any other final. Chris' jaw will take the same amount of time to heal irrespective of when it was broken
RFC 2010
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:37 pm

RFC 2010 wrote:It doesn't matter if the incident occurred in round one, in the prelim or in any other final. Chris' jaw will take the same amount of time to heal irrespective of when it was broken

Yes, but 6 games from round 1 is completely different to 2 games from Prelim Final weeks. 6 weeks healing time is also less relevant as Chris is not missing any football. I am not sure how 4 or 5 games next year is going to make Chris heal any quicker, particularly as he will likely be back playing by then. Meanwhile the guilty party has potentially missed a grand final - a far greater penalty.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby RFC 2010 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:46 pm

I disagree but what's done is done.

Does anyone know if an appeal has been lodged?
RFC 2010
Rookie

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:46 pm

RFC 2010 wrote:It doesn't matter if the incident occurred in round one, in the prelim or in any other final. Chris' jaw will take the same amount of time to heal irrespective of when it was broken

Yes, but 6 games from round 1 is completely different to 2 games from Prelim Final weeks. 6 weeks healing time is also less relevant as Chris is not missing any football. I am not sure how 4 or 5 games next year is going to make Chris heal any quicker, particularly as he will likely be back playing by then. Meanwhile the guilty party has potentially missed a grand final - a far greater penalty.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Wow... :roll:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby tigerpie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:15 pm

I'm not picking up any hysterics on here lgil.
Its quite simple, he broke the lads jaw with an elbow after the lad disposed of the ball.
4- 6 weeks is an appropriate penalty, not 2.
Doesn't matter what round he did it in.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 497 times
Been liked: 429 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL