South v Adelaide AO Sunday 12:10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: South v Adelaide AO Sunday 12:10

Postby goddy11 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:39 am

Just as a neutral at this game, I felt that although the Crows were much superior, South's skill level was awful. To many unforced errors and very poor decision making turnovers happen. I think they played poorly against Sturt the week before. Sturt play a good defensive game and I expect them to give the crows a good go and win.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Aerie » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:03 am

SimonH wrote:
VALE PARK wrote:Just crows looking odds on for the 2016 flag.
Only if you think the Crows are odds-on to beat the Swans at the SCG next Saturday night. Because if Adelaide 1sts are out, history tells us we will see a rapid decline in the quality of the 2nds' performances after that.

Possibly a mental let down if the AFL team loses, but they'll only be without Seedsman and Henderson if that is the case. Still 20 AFL listed players plus I presume, their captain. If Ellis-Yolmen's injury is serious, it'll be 19 - the same as Port Power reserves had when Norwood beat them in the GF a few years ago.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby stan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:11 am

Aerie wrote:
SimonH wrote:
VALE PARK wrote:Just crows looking odds on for the 2016 flag.
Only if you think the Crows are odds-on to beat the Swans at the SCG next Saturday night. Because if Adelaide 1sts are out, history tells us we will see a rapid decline in the quality of the 2nds' performances after that.

Possibly a mental let down if the AFL team loses, but they'll only be without Seedsman and Henderson if that is the case. Still 20 AFL listed players plus I presume, their captain. If Ellis-Yolmen's injury is serious, it'll be 19 - the same as Port Power reserves had when Norwood beat them in the GF a few years ago.

Also Ottens could be out as well if Hartigan gets done for a trip. CEY probably wont come up as hammies are a flickle muscle. Minor strains tend still to be 7 days minimum.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby another grub » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:41 am

All the talk of the sanfl finals series seems to be on who adelaide will have a available. Pretty sad really.
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 432 times
Been liked: 402 times

Postby darley16 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:26 pm

My club, the definition of a battlers club, the perennial underdog has been robbed of a chance at redemption by 19 AFL Power players in the Prelim Final in 2014 and 21 AFL Crows players in 2016. The frustration is that this can be fixed, restrict the number of AFL players and/or rotations limited to 60 for AFL teams and 90 for SANFL. If this unfair arrangement continues support will continue to drop and clubs will inevitably fold.
Yesterday my enthusiasm, my heart and soul was ripped out not just for my club but also for the SANFL comp, Proud of my club and it's players however if next year nothing changes in regard to the AFL clubs.......i think i am done.
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Ronnie » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:44 pm

darley16 wrote:My club, the definition of a battlers club, the perennial underdog has been robbed of a chance at redemption by 19 AFL Power players in the Prelim Final in 2014 and 21 AFL Crows players in 2016. The frustration is that this can be fixed, restrict the number of AFL players and/or rotations limited to 60 for AFL teams and 90 for SANFL. If this unfair arrangement continues support will continue to drop and clubs will inevitably fold.
Yesterday my enthusiasm, my heart and soul was ripped out not just for my club but also for the SANFL comp, Proud of my club and it's players however if next year nothing changes in regard to the AFL clubs.......i think i am done.

I believe an old, heavily involved Southie has already pulled the pin after yesterday's display. I don't understand how a comp can afford to lose these types of people.
I mean who is wrong here, dyed in the wool people who bleed for their club but are heartbroken at the situation? or the likes of Olsen and Riccuito who tell them to suck it up. It's become a travesty.

I feel for South, their legitimate dreams snuffed out by AFL lists both in 2014 and 2016. An article in yesterday's paper covered the Premiership drought and some of the old time supporters. A number of them in the legal fraternity. You admire their stoicism but they have just about reached the tipping point.

A review panel led by Dion McAffrie is going to present to the commission soon, in terms of the future of the AFL sides in the SANFL. Someone has to have the courage to make some difficult decisions. The noises so far are not encouraging.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby Pseudo » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:50 pm

Ronnie wrote:I feel for South, their legitimate dreams snuffed out by AFL lists both in 2014 and 2016. An article in yesterday's paper covered the Premiership drought and some of the old time supporters. A number of them in the legal fraternity. You admire their stoicism but they have just about reached the tipping point.

I noticed that article - despite it being hidden several pages after the sports proper - and marvelled: a full two-page spread on a SANFL club! Then the cynic in me awoke. The article, while well written, was clearly geared at being published before a Grand Final. Even the idiots at the Sunday Mail must have realised that Sunday's game was a foregone conclusion which would render the story irrelevant, so they published it while they still had the chance.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby wedgetail » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:55 pm

Classic comment by a South supporter to Heath Younie at the end of the 1st Semi as they were leaving the grandstand- "What are you doing here? You normally leave at 3/4 time don't you?" Younie was left speechless!
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL