Marriage equality.

Anything!

Re: Marriage equality.

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:34 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:The sanctity of marriage in a Christian sense was ruined long ago when weddings could be conducted outside a church and annulled days later.

Surely a couple that had 0 or 2 dicks between them can't make it worse :)

I think a dude I know has two dicks, surely he couldn't be that stupid by just playing with one.

Two dicks? Pull the other one.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:46 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:The sanctity of marriage in a Christian sense was ruined long ago when weddings could be conducted outside a church and annulled days later.

I think a dude I know has two dicks, surely he couldn't be that stupid by just playing with one.

i think that is an aussie thing. koalas and wombats and maybe platypi (spelling?) have 2 dicks. echidnas have four!!
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby JK » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:48 am

tipper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

i think that is an aussie thing. koalas and wombats and maybe platypi (spelling?) have 2 dicks. echidnas have four!!

Thats rather Emu sing
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby inside word » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm

One thing that really irritates me about this debate is, if you're against it you're chastised for it! it's people's right to not like it, I for one am in that camp. Don't like it, so I should be allowed to think that, after all, the minority is causing this issue, since when do we give into the minority?
inside word
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby JK » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:10 pm

inside word wrote:One thing that really irritates me about this debate is, if you're against it you're chastised for it! it's people's right to not like it, I for one am in that camp. Don't like it, so I should be allowed to think that, after all, the minority is causing this issue, since when do we give into the minority?

Reckon you have every right to think however you choose. Wouldn't think this is a minority issue though.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby inside word » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:12 pm

JK wrote:
inside word wrote:One thing that really irritates me about this debate is, if you're against it you're chastised for it! it's people's right to not like it, I for one am in that camp. Don't like it, so I should be allowed to think that, after all, the minority is causing this issue, since when do we give into the minority?

Reckon you have every right to think however you choose. Wouldn't think this is a minority issue though.

What I mean by the minority is, the amount of gay people in Australia is under 10% I think.
inside word
Rookie

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:17 pm

So "minority groups" should be discriminated against?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 1213 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:18 pm

inside word wrote:
JK wrote:

What I mean by the minority is, the amount of gay people in Australia is under 10% I think.

True, but the majority are for gay marriage, which is the proposition up for debate. That's democracy. The same democracy that once upon a time declared homosexuality as a criminal offense. Time's change, and how society conducts itself accordingly must follows suit.

You're certainly allowed to be against it, IW. It's when the debate becomes skewed with falsities and desperate scare mongering is when people should be deservedly put back in line.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby inside word » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:19 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:So "minority groups" should be discriminated against?

yes.
inside word
Rookie

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:22 pm

inside word wrote:
JK wrote:

were you also against giving aboriginals the right to vote because there isnt very many of them? or for keeping slavery a thing because white folk outnumbered teh slaves?
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:22 pm

inside word wrote:

yes.

really? glad you arent in charge then
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:23 pm

People preach the sanctity of marriage, but happily sit and watch "married at first sight" or read a gossip mag and see a celeb get divorced after 2 days...

The people against it, need to ask themselves how does Steve and bob getting married actually affect them!?!? I'll answer it for you, it doesn't... The sun still comes up and a Hawks supporter still ends a sentence on social media saying fourthorn
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:23 pm

inside word wrote:

yes.

Is it easy to type and read your screen whilst wearing your white hood?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 1213 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby inside word » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:24 pm

tipper wrote:
inside word wrote:
JK wrote:

were you also against giving aboriginals the right to vote because there isnt very many of them? or for keeping slavery a thing because white folk outnumbered teh slaves?

Here come the haters, the point of Marriage is to procreate, I don't think you can do that if you don't have a man and a woman? Or have I been wrong all this time?
inside word
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:24 pm

JK wrote:
Thats rather Emu sing

I shall leave this alone and see how dis ding goes.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby inside word » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:25 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
inside word wrote:

yes.

So now I'm racist? See this is my point, just cause you think it's wrong you get ridiculed for it, carry on looking at your rainbow wallpaper!
inside word
Rookie

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:26 pm

inside word wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
inside word wrote:

yes.

So now I'm racist? See this is my point, just cause you think it's wrong you get ridiculed for it, carry on looking at your rainbow wallpaper!

So now we like rainbows because we want people to be equal?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:27 pm

inside word wrote:Here come the haters, the point of Marriage is to procreate, I don't think you can do that if you don't have a man and a woman? Or have I been wrong all this time?

no it isnt. there are many many married couples that dont have kids, and have no intention of ever having kids. how were they allowed to get married then?

and yes you are wrong. i know gay couples that are already raising kids. i know single people raising kids. these arent new ideas.

and personally, i would have thought the hater would be the person advocating discrimination against a minority group......
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby inside word » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:28 pm

tipper wrote:
inside word wrote:Here come the haters, the point of Marriage is to procreate, I don't think you can do that if you don't have a man and a woman? Or have I been wrong all this time?

no it isnt. there are many many married couples that dont have kids, and have no intention of ever having kids. how were they allowed to get married then?

and yes you are wrong. i know gay couples that are already raising kids. i know single people raising kids. these arent new ideas.

and personally, i would have thought the hater would be the person advocating discrimination against a minority group......

I feel you're discriminating against me now, you are hurting my feeling by not agreeing with me :D
inside word
Rookie

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:30 pm

If that's the case then you would agree with the proposition that the Marriage Act should compel married people to have kids, and make it a criminal offense to get married and not have children, no?
Magellan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion