Marriage equality.

Anything!

Re: Marriage equality.

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:30 pm

The reason I got married wasn't to have kids (however I am a very proud dad of 2), it was to spend the rest of my life with the person I love....
Why should we deny that privilege to anyone?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby inside word » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:32 pm

Magellan wrote:
inside word wrote:Here come the haters, the point of Marriage is to procreate, I don't think you can do that if you don't have a man and a woman? Or have I been wrong all this time?

If that's the case then you would agree with the proposition that the Marriage Act should compel married people to have kids, and make it a criminal offense to get married and not have children, no?

Of course not, there are factors as why people don't want to, I guess I should've worded it better, Marriage should give you an option to procreate, same sex people can't...
inside word
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby inside word » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:33 pm

Guys, I'm clearly not the only one who disagrees with this, clearly more than half the federal parliament don't agree with it either.
inside word
Rookie

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:34 pm

inside word wrote:
Magellan wrote:
inside word wrote:Here come the haters, the point of Marriage is to procreate, I don't think you can do that if you don't have a man and a woman? Or have I been wrong all this time?

If that's the case then you would agree with the proposition that the Marriage Act should compel married people to have kids, and make it a criminal offense to get married and not have children, no?

Of course not, there are factors as why people don't want to, I guess I should've worded it better, Marriage should give you an option to procreate, same sex people can't...

as i said before, there are already same sex couples raising kids. that isnt anything new.

and lots of people procreate without getting married. marriage is completely unrelated to having kids.

at least come up with something that isnt so easily refuted if you want to argue against it please. go on, be creative.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:36 pm

I got married once because I felt as though that I had to and it seemed like the right thing to do.

I will probably get married again, this time because I want to though.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:37 pm

Can we stop Crows supporters from procreating? Surely Federal Parliament would agree to that!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:37 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I got married once because I felt as though that I had to and it seemed like the right thing to do.

I will probably get married again, this time because I want to though.

whats his name ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby inside word » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:38 pm

Tipper can I have the view that it's not normal and a little disgusting? Why am I not allowed to think that?
inside word
Rookie

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:38 pm

Wedgie wrote:Can we stop Crows supporters from procreating? Surely Federal Parliament would agree to that!

ill be the first to sign that petition :lol:
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:38 pm

inside word wrote:
Magellan wrote:

People already have the option to procreate, irrespective of marriage and the legal standing of their relationship. Hence sexual orientation ought not be a barrier to people being married.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:43 pm

inside word wrote:Tipper can I have the view that it's not normal and a little disgusting? Why am I not allowed to think that?

then dont yourself get gay married. it isnt that hard to understand.

just because you dont want to marry someone of the same sex as yourself , you think no one should be able to marry someone of the same sex as yourself?

i tend to be attracted to blondes with big boobs, doesnt meant that i think no one should be able to marry a brunette. (stop them marrying redheads though, they are crazy ;) )
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:43 pm

inside word wrote:Tipper can I have the view that it's not normal and a little disgusting? Why am I not allowed to think that?

I think people eating snails at a fancy French restaurant is not normal and a little disgusting, but they should nevertheless have the right to enjoy it if they wish.

It's not about whether you want to be gay and married, it's whether those who are gay should be allowed to marry.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:44 pm

inside word wrote:One thing that really irritates me about this debate is, if you're against it you're chastised for it! it's people's right to not like it, I for one am in that camp. Don't like it, so I should be allowed to think that, after all, the minority is causing this issue, since when do we give into the minority?

You can have an opinion, but ultimately it's none of your business.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:45 pm

inside word wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Lesbian couple I know had triplets last year. Pretty sure they can
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:47 pm

You can think that. That's your choice mate.

What gives you the right to tell someone what they can and cant do though?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby inside word » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:47 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
inside word wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Lesbian couple I know had triplets last year. Pretty sure they can

So they did it without the help of science? That's amazing!
inside word
Rookie

Postby inside word » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:48 pm

Booney wrote:

Free speech? Or do we live in Iraq?
inside word
Rookie

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:48 pm

inside word wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Lesbian couple I know had triplets last year. Pretty sure they can

So they did it without the help of science? That's amazing!

Mary had a word to them.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:49 pm

Nothing wrong with discriminating against religious groups, since they've they pretty much devolved into minorities now these days, right? ;)
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:50 pm

inside word wrote:
Booney wrote:

Free speech? Or do we live in Iraq?

Free speech, absolutely.

But tell me why you can tell ( or vote on ) others what they can and can't do. You've yet to tell me why.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion