Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby zipzap » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:07 pm

Thanks guys...bro has booked us into something called Ludlows. Hmmm
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:09 am

zipzap wrote:Thanks guys...bro has booked us into something called Ludlows. Hmmm

Had a schnitty in there when Port beat the Kangaroos with @valleys07 IIRC, valleys?

Was a pretty packed little joint.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7488 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby valleys07 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:27 pm

Booney wrote:
zipzap wrote:Thanks guys...bro has booked us into something called Ludlows. Hmmm

Had a schnitty in there when Port beat the Kangaroos with @valleys07 IIRC, valleys?

Was a pretty packed little joint.

Memory on point, Boon.

Nice little bar. Stones throw from Crown, and there were no complaints over the quality of food for the price you pay.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby JK » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:55 am

Hit up the Curious Squire yesterday, pretty good place. Felt more like a joint you'd get in Melbourne than Adelaide (or maybe thats just cause I don't go to trendy places anymore), good vibe, and the place was packed for both lunch and dinner. $0.50 Wing Day might have had something to do with it.

Food was tasty as ****, great selection, and the wings (which I can usually take or leave) were amazeballs!

Only downside was that they didn't have any Jamesons or Port.

Highly recommend the place.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:21 am

Alberton Hotel -

Not sure why the place is never busy, with it's new Tandoori Oven menu and the best salad/veg bar in the area I'm not sure why the place is dead at 7pm on a week night.

$22 for Mr Boons Tommy ruff's. 2 nice sized butterflys on a good bed of good chips. Fish was fresh, tasty tommys in a light crumb and well cooked. The veg bar with cauli/cheese, mixed bake/cheese, spuds, carrots, peas, spuds/cheese, brocc/cheese was all fresh as a daisy and the bain marie was all full.

$20 for Mrs Boons honey chicken and rice. Standard delivery of honey chicken in "finger" style size, would have been 15 or more "fingers" on the plate and whilst proclaiming to be starving she got nowhere near finishing it. She too went the mixed veg/cheesey bake as it was full of brussel sprouts. ( It's not just living with me that she needs to be questioned over :D )

With a current deal on $20 for schnitty with a pint of James Squire ( and salad/veg bar ) it's one of the better feeds in the Port area and I really can't see why it's so quiet when I head there. Last night at 6:45 there were two chicks having dinner, me and Mrs Boon and one miserable looking bloke on his own. Waited less than 10 minutes for the feed.

8.5/10 if you're working on the pub grub scale. Would have got 9 if the Dolphin didn't eat my $20. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:37 am

Booney wrote:Alberton Hotel -

Not sure why the place is never busy, with it's new Tandoori Oven menu and the best salad/veg bar in the area I'm not sure why the place is dead at 7pm on a week night.

$22 for Mr Boons Tommy ruff's. 2 nice sized butterflys on a good bed of good chips. Fish was fresh, tasty tommys in a light crumb and well cooked. The veg bar with cauli/cheese, mixed bake/cheese, spuds, carrots, peas, spuds/cheese, brocc/cheese was all fresh as a daisy and the bain marie was all full.

$20 for Mrs Boons honey chicken and rice. Standard delivery of honey chicken in "finger" style size, would have been 15 or more "fingers" on the plate and whilst proclaiming to be starving she got nowhere near finishing it. She too went the mixed veg/cheesey bake as it was full of brussel sprouts. ( It's not just living with me that she needs to be questioned over :D )

With a current deal on $20 for schnitty with a pint of James Squire ( and salad/veg bar ) it's one of the better feeds in the Port area and I really can't see why it's so quiet when I head there. Last night at 6:45 there were two chicks having dinner, me and Mrs Boon and one miserable looking bloke on his own. Waited less than 10 minutes for the feed.

8.5/10 if you're working on the pub grub scale. Would have got 9 if the Dolphin didn't eat my $20. :lol:

it's in Port Adelaide

;) ;)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:47 am

Wrong, it's in Alberton. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:15 pm

Booney wrote:Wrong, it's in Alberton. ;)

Same thing :)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:20 pm

Booney wrote:Alberton Hotel -

25% off with your Rosewater FC membership card...
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby am Bays » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:36 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:Wrong, it's in Alberton. ;)

Same thing :)

My passport is expired and and can't be bothered applying for a visa to go to that foreign country....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:52 pm

Could be the Prince of Wales $9 schnittys drawing people across the road.

Me and the Mrs go there all the time. $30 gets us both a schnitty, a drink each and the salad/veg bar. Always full of old people. My kinda shithole.

I'm pretty sure you're the one that told me about the place.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:43 pm

HH3 wrote:Could be the Prince of Wales $9 schnittys drawing people across the road.

Me and the Mrs go there all the time. $30 gets us both a schnitty, a drink each and the salad/veg bar. Always full of old people. My kinda shithole.

I'm pretty sure you're the one that told me about the place.

It was indeed. For cost the Prince is pretty good value. The Alberton is nicer I think but so is the price.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:46 pm

Has anyone on here been to Low and Slow American BBQ at Port Adelaide? I've seen some pics of the food on their Facebook page and it looks pretty damn tasty. Just want to know if it tastes as good as it looks and if so, I'll be giving it a go next time I'm in town.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby HH3 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:52 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Has anyone on here been to Low and Slow American BBQ at Port Adelaide? I've seen some pics of the food on their Facebook page and it looks pretty damn tasty. Just want to know if it tastes as good as it looks and if so, I'll be giving it a go next time I'm in town.

Yeah a guy I play gridiron with owns it with his two mates.

I go in a fair bit. Awesome food.

It's more of a sometimes thing, because it does get pricey, but I recommend trying it.

The brisket is ridiculously good, and the kransky is like biting into a block of cheese, with a little bit of meat around it.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:38 pm

I think @Booney did a review of the low and slow?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:39 pm

You have to book too. Walk ins are very lucky to get a table

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:55 am

Bum Crack wrote:Has anyone on here been to Low and Slow American BBQ at Port Adelaide? I've seen some pics of the food on their Facebook page and it looks pretty damn tasty. Just want to know if it tastes as good as it looks and if so, I'll be giving it a go next time I'm in town.

Ribs, brisket and pulled pork all excellent. However, one hungry bloke could drop $50+ on a big feed. And yes, you need to book.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:30 am

Walked past it last Saturday night having eaten at the Lighthouse Inn (which was not bad, I might add), and it was full which must say something about its quality.

Mind you, it was also chock full of hipsters, so consult your fashion doctor before you book. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Feenix » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:00 pm

Its awesome. If you like BBQ give Sneaky Pickle@Goodwood a go, also awesome
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:49 pm

Earl of Aberdeen
Last Sunday lunch
Thought service was a little poor given it was quiet when we got there.
Food was ok, nothing fantastic like I have had previously.
6/10
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion