HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby herewegoagain » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:28 pm

Way off the mark duck. Hahndorf are within the salary cap. Smart sensible distribution of finance including incentive payments. A sensible balance of junior development and selective recruiting.
herewegoagain
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Cummins-Kapinnie

Postby footytragic001971 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:31 pm

Well said wazz and herewegoagain. Too many people seem to work on the theory that good players only play
for teams if their is large sums of money in it for them. And this is just not true!!!
I am certain there is lots of outstanding footballers who just want to enjoy playing at their local club and to play in successful teams.

The blanket statement that Hahdorf have put this squad together on the back of a huge pile of money is just plain wrong.
No doubt they have guys who are being payed well for their services, but it is primarily made up of guys who played junior footy at the club
and have come back. Torrens Valley on the other hand struggle to get juniors through so they have to buy more talent. I say go for it, because
most of the guys they have brought in have stayed for a long time and become good contributors to the club.
There is more than one way to be successful!

It is probably fair to say that the two best teams made the grand final, and it should be an excellent contest.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby batmanbegins » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:46 pm

I was just reading the courier. Does hahndorf only have 13 players in their A grade side this week that have played juniors for the club? Not saying its a bad number but i always thought it was more then that.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby cracka » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:19 pm

herewegoagain wrote:Way off the mark duck. Hahndorf are within the salary cap. Smart sensible distribution of finance including incentive payments. A sensible balance of junior development and selective recruiting.

How would someone from Cummins-Kapinnie know what Hahndorf are doing with their money?
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby herewegoagain » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:53 pm

Ex club Cracka. Thought you were one of the smarter constructive ones on this forum!!!!
herewegoagain
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Cummins-Kapinnie

Postby cracka » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:01 am

herewegoagain wrote:Ex club Cracka. Thought you were one of the smarter constructive ones on this forum!!!!

No such thing on here :D
Even still unless you're on the inner sanctum at a club none of us would have any idea if our clubs are playing under the salary cap or not.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Grumpy Old B » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:59 pm

batmanbegins wrote:I was just reading the courier. Does hahndorf only have 13 players in their A grade side this week that have played juniors for the club? Not saying its a bad number but i always thought it was more then that.

That's number is spot on BTM. it would be interesting to know the numbers of ex juniors playing in each A grade team in the Hills.
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:48 pm

Grumpy Old B wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:I was just reading the courier. Does hahndorf only have 13 players in their A grade side this week that have played juniors for the club? Not saying its a bad number but i always thought it was more then that.

That's number is spot on BTM. it would be interesting to know the numbers of ex juniors playing in each A grade team in the Hills.

I suppose a lot of the recruits have been there a while so I assumed they were locals. We had 16 locals in round 18 and 14 in round 1 and it varied between that amount all year. I reckon without looking at the teams Lobethal would have the most local side from memory.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:28 pm

Out of interest, how many ex-Juniors do Torrens valley have in their team - I'm guessing the number would be very low.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:33 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:

Out of interest, how many ex-Juniors do Torrens valley have in their team - I'm guessing the number would be very low.

From the prelim there would be walkely, hill, waterman, jack and matt press, burgyone and rowe. There may be one or two more.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby Archer11 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:48 pm

Just wondering how the Lobethal ground is holding up after all of the flooding in the Hills areas?? This may help to even out the teams played in boggy conditions!!
Archer11

Postby batmanbegins » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:54 pm

Archer11 wrote:Just wondering how the Lobethal ground is holding up after all of the flooding in the Hills areas?? This may help to even out the teams played in boggy conditions!!

Will be a bit boggy as there has been so much rain. If it rains like it is meant to tomorrow also it will really suit TV as they are a big strong side and it will be easier to stop hourigan in the wet. On a sunny day Hahndorf would be to good as they move the ball incredibly well but in the wet and bog im going to tip an upset and forTV to win by 2 goals.

Also good luck to all teams playing tomorrow and in particular our under 15s who after losing their first 3 games of the year have made the GF in an incredible effort, plus the wet weather will suit them :)
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:30 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
Archer11 wrote:Just wondering how the Lobethal ground is holding up after all of the flooding in the Hills areas?? This may help to even out the teams played in boggy conditions!!

Will be a bit boggy as there has been so much rain. If it rains like it is meant to tomorrow also it will really suit TV as they are a big strong side and it will be easier to stop hourigan in the wet. On a sunny day Hahndorf would be to good as they move the ball incredibly well but in the wet and bog im going to tip an upset and forTV to win by 2 goals.

Also good luck to all teams playing tomorrow and in particular our under 15s who after losing their first 3 games of the year have made the GF in an incredible effort, plus the wet weather will suit them :)

Am sure it will be muddy/boggy. Not so sure about TV being too strong in heavy conditions though, the last game of minor round at Hahndorf was very slippery and Hahndorf won by 10 goal, with Hourigan kicking 7 in the last half. Agree that it should even things up - and Grand finals are completely different pressure. Maybe the heavy conditions will take on a toll on fitness - and TV have had some hard weeks leading up and Hahndorf have had some rest. Who knows! We will know tomorrow late arvo though! Lets hope the rain stays away.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Yellow & Black » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:49 pm

The oval's ok at this point, that's what investment in drainage does to an oval. The lack of traffic has helped with regrowth over the last month. Rain tomorrow means it'll get chewed up fairly quickly but I doubt it'll be a mud bath, unless it pours all day. It's being mowed as we speak so the grass coverage will be nice and even, in racing terms a soft 7 at the moment. Let's pray the weather gods are kind.

Notice some cars parked around the oval, They'll have a prime view of the back of a marquee. Idiots! Least they're close to the bar!
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Grumpy Old B » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:53 pm

The weather may be coming late in the day. That is if I understand the BOM site and the rain will come when the winds change. It might be an important toss to win. "Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers. Winds northwest to northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h tending west to northwesterly 20 to 25 km/h in the early afternoon then turning south to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h in the late afternoon." .
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:03 pm

weather.jpg
weather.jpg (208.61 KiB) Viewed 5093 times

this gives a bit more detail of expected weather from the BOM, appears rain at lunchtime and for the game little rain. But when is the forecast ever right?
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby footytragic001971 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:17 pm

A lot of speculation about how the weather will effect result, and maybe it will.
Torrens Valley have strong bodies, but Hahndorf's midfield of Paul, Matsen, Tripodi, Leake and Handby is strong also.
Not mention three Roberts' to work around the ball.

I am tipping Hahndorf by 5 goals.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby The new bloke » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:01 am

It's amazing what big fish in a small pond can achieve
The new bloke
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby wazzal77 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:51 am

What a Grand Final day. You have to love local footy. A big crowd, well behaved even! Well done to Lobey in hosting, what a great ground to view the game. And it wasn't as boggy as I thought it would be. As for the result wow what a last Qtr! I thought it was going to be nail biter in the last Qtr. It probably goes to show how good Hahndorf are, a dominating last Qtr performance. They had quality all over the ground and when some of TV quality players went missing they didn't have the answers. Congrats TV on a good effort and well done Hahndorf on a great effort. They also win the Bs, 17s and 15s. Gee what a day for them..
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby batmanbegins » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:13 am

Hats off to Hahndorf, they have quality all over the ground and that was evident in their incredible last quarter. Congrats to TV on a fantastic year also, just lacked a little depth compared to Hahndorf.

To win 5 out of 6 flags is an amazing effort and Hahndorf deserve a lot of praise for how they run their club. I believe Their 15s have now won 8 or 9 in a row which is a testament to their junior program.
batmanbegins
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy