Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:27 am

Be careful with that - it's only alleged. The club also says it was unaware of the 'payment' situation. The then coach was also told he wouldn't be reappointed before all of this came out.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby jo172 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:37 am

Where's the column in the TPPS for the ice given away to pay players?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby thejuddernaught » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:36 am

human_torpedo wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:In 2037, Rumbles will be about 50.

I'm not convinced he'll be wanting to re-apply ;)

He will love you for saying that..

Shaved a cutla cheeky years off his age.
Nothing a few JD's won't fix to square his age up again.
thejuddernaught
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Southern Eagles

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:19 pm

heard a port districts player got done once for thumping an umpire, long time ago, but also got 20 years

a mr. shepperton

edit: got not gone
Last edited by marbles on Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby finn » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:04 pm

marbles wrote:heard a port districts player gone done once for thumping an umpire, long time ago, but also got 20 years

a mr. shepperton

A Fitzroy player in 1990 (if I remember rightly) got 9 years for striking an umpire.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby citycoaster17 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:10 am

I remember a bloke in Port Lincoln getting 25 yeas for head-butting a boundary umpire. He got his case turned over about 10 years later after it came out the umpire provoked him with a racial slur.....
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby carey » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:54 pm

I can 100% see why that umpire got punched, I don't condone it but can see why it happened.

Today in the 2nd 1/4 a bloke hip and shouldered an opposition player in the motion of kicking absolutely nothing in it. The same umpire then sprinted and I mean sprinted 60-70m got in the players face and said 'Any more and you'll be off the rest of the day and better not have plans Wednesday night' :shock:

All this was said about 30cm from the players face.

Disgrace. Power trip of the highest order. Like I said I don't condone umpire contact at all but, We as players are at times that pumped for the contest and to have a power trip happen 30cm from your face he is asking for trouble.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Eagles2014 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:48 pm

carey wrote:I can 100% see why that umpire got punched, I don't condone it but can see why it happened.

Today in the 2nd 1/4 a bloke hip and shouldered an opposition player in the motion of kicking absolutely nothing in it. The same umpire then sprinted and I mean sprinted 60-70m got in the players face and said 'Any more and you'll be off the rest of the day and better not have plans Wednesday night' :shock:

All this was said about 30cm from the players face.

Disgrace. Power trip of the highest order. Like I said I don't condone umpire contact at all but, We as players are at times that pumped for the contest and to have a power trip happen 30cm from your face he is asking for trouble.

Totally get where you are coming from. Did hear after the Rumbles incident, the umpire admitted he said/did some things wrong in the way it was handled, whatever that means. Think the above story explains a bit, and that he has not changed at all how he goes about it.

Heard from someone at the Rosewater game (not from Rosewater), that in the first five minutes of game, umpire asked Rumbles to come back two metres on the mark, he then took two massive steps back, the umpire then said, no back here, another metre or so, Rumbles then said, "I came back two effin metres", then got yellow carded. He then went off at him again which resulted in the red card, then the rest is history. I can imagine Rumbles would have been that worked up over his 300th and to be sent off so early in game he just snapped.

Agree totally with Carey, the umpire should never be touched or hit, and there is no excuse for what happens, but maybe the umpire involved needs to slightly modify his actions, especially after what happened a few weeks ago.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:03 pm

Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:18 pm

Hmmmmm....

It's funny how you hear stories and then years down the track they come back to you.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

Postby Dols » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:53 pm

Whoops, this can't help Rosies [emoji15]

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 9c8184cc1f

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:51 am

Dols wrote:Whoops, this can't help Rosies [emoji15]

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 9c8184cc1f

"Premium" article so can't read it. Can you copy/paste it in?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dols » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:00 am

POLICE were called to a junior football grand final at Woodville Oval on Sunday after a player was allegedly kicked in the head during the U16 clash between Rosewater and Seaton.

Umpires called off the game with five minutes to go until the final siren after a Rosewater player allegedly kicked a 15-year-old Seaton player during a scuffle in the northwest pocket of the ground.

The Seaton player was taken by ambulance to the Royal Adelaide Hospital with head injuries.

His condition is not believed to be life-threatening.

The SANFL is investigating the incident and will review video footage of the incident.

It comes after Rosewater Football Club’s senior teams were deregistered from the SA Amateur Football League in July after a series of incidents and abuse directed at umpires.

The senior club’s long-time captain Adam Rumbelow pleaded guilty at a tribunal hearing to attacking central umpire Craig Trewartha. He received a record 20-year ban.

It is believed umpires reported the Rosewater player.

Police were called to the oval on Sunday but are yet to decide if they will take any further action.

A police spokesman said they would remain in contact with the league over the incident.

Officers remained at the oval after the game to monitor crowd behaviour.

Rosewater Junior Football Club president Roslyn Coles declined to comment when contacted by The Advertiser.

Seaton Football Club secretary Terry Annett said the club was leaving it to authorities to handle the incident.

“It’s a disappointing way for the game to finish. And it’s a disappointing incident,” he said.

“We just want to move on.”

An SANFL spokesman said officials decided to abandon the game “in the interest of player welfare and the game was awarded to Seaton”.

The final score was Seaton 12, 5 (77) to Rosewater 6, 10 (46).

“Our primary concern is for player welfare and we have been in contact with the family of the player who was injured in the alleged incident,” the spokesman said.

“We will review the incident as per our normal procedures and will liaise with SAPOL as to any further actions.”

Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby heater31 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:15 am

Not going to do the senior sides any favours with the kids behaving like this :shock:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:26 am

Oh deary me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:45 am

I have no words, just feel for the 99% of the Rosie people who do the right thing.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby SATCHEL » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:29 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I have no words, just feel for the 99% of the Rosie people who do the right thing.

Thanks LM, what we need to be really mindful of is that fact these are kids we are talking about now. Not condoning anything, its just we need to be a little bit more mindful of ALL the kids involved. Not like it was earlier where everyone that weren't there stated they knew everything. The drums are beating and the warriors of keyboard land can pot shot on anything or anyone whilst they are down. Just keep the kids out of it for now and let those governing bodies do their thing as i'm sure they will do everything possible to support both clubs and ensure a speedy resolution. If you need to get your dose of forum warrior ship you are more than welcome to have a go at me if you like. I am 35, married with two kids, ive worn women's clothing in the past, ive humiliated myself whilst intoxicated, ive ended up in hospital when i blew up at the playing group as their coach a few years back, ive been in hospital for 23 surgeries and yep a few of those on my right hand (wrist) so make as many assumptions as you can on that one. Throw your ill informed or suggested gibes at me, not my club and not the kids. Go for it i'm a big girl now and i can handle a bit of banter. don't mind getting banned if someone really gets me pi$$ed off.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:33 am

SATCHEL wrote:[ ive been in hospital for 23 surgeries and yep a few of those on my right hand (wrist) so make as many assumptions as you can on that one. T.

You just pot shotted yourself there my friend :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:48 am

Footy Chick wrote:
SATCHEL wrote: ive been in hospital for 23 surgeries and yep a few of those on my right hand (wrist) so make as many assumptions as you can on that one. T.

Must have wanking down to a fine art, sorry, I'll see myself out.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby SATCHEL » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:51 am

Footy Chick wrote:
SATCHEL wrote:[ ive been in hospital for 23 surgeries and yep a few of those on my right hand (wrist) so make as many assumptions as you can on that one. T.

Correct, if you cant laugh or have a crack at yourself then whats the point.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League