Crows 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2016

Postby Grahaml » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:07 pm

If a player decides he wants to end his career I have no issue with him making that public whenever he chooses. But if it's a club making the decision to draw a line through a player then that decision should be announced after the season has finished.

Having said that, I don't think it was North's fault. Harvey went to them and demanded an answer. The fact he did so when there was a finals series looming suggests to me he had lost belief in North's ability to compete. It's a shame, because Harvey always seemed to come across like a club man who gave selflessly. Turns out he felt more important than the club.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:09 pm

True, Graham, he could have easily said "No problems, let's win some finals then we'll talk". Although I'm sure at 38 no news would be bad news.

At 38 it's not like he had to discuss other offers with his manager.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:47 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Brent Harvey was interviewed on the Footy Show last Thursday night and was adamant it was him who approached the club for an answer before the season had finished. He added that he would've been filthy if he was told after the Adelaide loss that he was no longer required.

Don't talk sense :lol: apparently being honest and upfront with players, sponsors, members and supporters isn't good for anyone....you need to keep things behind closed doors, except please tell the Captain not to say anything to the media, whoops too late!!!!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby MW » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:48 pm

Is this a piss poor troll attempt or are you serious and don't understand the difference?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:50 pm

Dutchy wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Brent Harvey was interviewed on the Footy Show last Thursday night and was adamant it was him who approached the club for an answer before the season had finished. He added that he would've been filthy if he was told after the Adelaide loss that he was no longer required.

Don't talk sense :lol: apparently being honest and upfront with players, sponsors, members and supporters isn't good for anyone....you need to keep things behind closed doors, except please tell the Captain not to say anything to the media, whoops too late!!!!

So Harvey put himself before the club then?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:54 pm

He wanted to know where he stood, the club respected his wishes and not to bullshit a club legend, told him....if you don't do this you get the circus that is Scott Thompson situation currently.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby MW » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:56 pm

I'm going to attempt to explain this again to you....

Adelaide and Thommo have not agreed on a way moving forward.

Thommo wants a one year deal.

Adelaide are concentrating on CEY and Lyons contracts first.

If CEY and Lyons contracts fall through, Thommo will likely be resigned.

If CEY and Lyons sign a new contract, Thommo will likely be told no more.

There is nothing to announce right now.

Clear?

Consider myself trolled?
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:57 pm

Circus? :lol:

Ok mate, I can see it's hard to swallow to we'll play along. North did it perfectly, in fact, they did it so well that if they had their time over I'm sure they'd do it all exactly the same again.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:01 pm

My lawns getting long, any chance you guys could mow it for me? I'm busy on the weekend watching footy.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby MW » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:04 pm

I'm not cutting your grass...
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:06 pm

Wedgie wrote:My lawns getting long, any chance you guys could mow it for me? I'm busy on the weekend watching footy.

Me too! I've got two AFL prelims and 2 NRL prelims to watch. Should be good weekend of viewing!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:42 pm

MW wrote:I'm going to attempt to explain this again to you....

Adelaide and Thommo have not agreed on a way moving forward.

Thommo wants a one year deal.

Adelaide are concentrating on CEY and Lyons contracts first.

If CEY and Lyons contracts fall through, Thommo will likely be resigned.

If CEY and Lyons sign a new contract, Thommo will likely be told no more.

There is nothing to announce right now.

Clear?

Consider myself trolled?

Hmm I think there maybe an infinite loop in the code. CEY could be waiting until he knows if Thompson will be there which is dependant on him and Lyons signing.

If Adelaide are saying with CEY there no more Thompson. Yep would go through fairly well. But Lyons may hold this all up.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Gozu » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:02 pm

Grahaml wrote:It's a shame, because Harvey always seemed to come across like a club man who gave selflessly. Turns out he felt more important than the club.

I never liked Harvey and always felt he just kept playing on and on to break the all-time games record. The writing was on the wall when he had that brouha with Scott about possibly being dropped last year or the year before with all the trying to get the public on his side and did the same thing again when told he was going to be delisted. It was all Brent Harvey first, NM finals campaign second.

The guy is still refusing to retire and supposedly considering playing on at another club next year. Yeah good luck with that.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Gozu wrote:
Grahaml wrote:It's a shame, because Harvey always seemed to come across like a club man who gave selflessly. Turns out he felt more important than the club.

I never liked Harvey and always felt he just kept playing on and on to break the all-time games record. The writing was on the wall when he had that brouha with Scott about possibly being dropped last year or the year before with all the trying to get the public on his side and did the same thing again when told he was going to be delisted. It was all Brent Harvey first, NM finals campaign second.

The guy is still refusing to retire and supposedly considering playing on at another club next year. Yeah good luck with that.

Carlton, with so many under 23's on their list could afford to carry a bloke for one year. He'd sure as hell be better than their 40th player on the list.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:11 pm

Richmond is the the one
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Gozu » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:13 pm

Booney wrote:Carlton, with so many under 23's on their list could afford to carry a bloke for one year. He'd sure as hell be better than their 40th player on the list.

But what's the point though? An act of charity for a favourite son from a rival club?

I've got no doubt he's better than some spuds on some other lists but his value at this point would be his footy brain which you can get if you hire him as an assistant coach rather than wasting a spot on the list on him.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:16 pm

Brodlach wrote:Richmond is the the one

:lol: No doubt, prize recruit.
Gozu
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:17 pm

Gozu wrote:
Booney wrote:Carlton, with so many under 23's on their list could afford to carry a bloke for one year. He'd sure as hell be better than their 40th player on the list.

But what's the point though? An act of charity for a favourite son from a rival club?

I've got no doubt he's better than some spuds on some other lists but his value at this point would be his footy brain which you can get if you hire him as an assistant coach rather than wasting a spot on the list on him.

Is he a coach in waiting though? Never heard of him spoken of in that way. Always hear people talk of "He'll be a coach one day", but not about him.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby carey » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:22 pm

Ami missing something here? Surly Thompson gets a 1year deal?

Even if it's just to teach Matt Crouch how to kick.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby heater31 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:24 pm

carey wrote:Ami missing something here? Surly Thompson gets a 1year deal?

Even if it's just to teach Matt Crouch how to kick.

If either or both of Lyons & CEY go he goes 1 more year.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL