The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby therisingblues » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:08 pm

Still haven't seen the replay, and I watched it live with half my attention on TRB junior, but I didn't notice any howlers. That could easily be my bias coupled with inattention, so I'll reserve my opinion until I've actually had a chance to see a replay, but I think you cannot say a game was rigged based just on distribution of frees. I think it's just as possible that the Ravens went back in to training mode because their AFL side got knocked out of the finals race, and hence became sloppy with their infringing. That is one thing I did pick up on watching the game live, the Ravens were very sloppy in their approach to the contest. If they are playing the game just to hone their skills and practice strategy they could be overlooking the need to please the man in green. Rucci, wrote an article describing how they consistently were awarded less frees all season. He's put it down to everyone picking on the Crows. I think it's far more plausible to say that they just don't give a shit, it's just practice to them, and that's why they consistently give away more than they get.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby southee » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:31 pm

another grub wrote:A few questions lurking?

There should be a royal enquiry into what happened on sunday. F##ken cheats

I agree with you AG.

Completely staged !!!
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby goddy11 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:45 pm

southee wrote:

I agree with you AG.

Completely staged !!!

Agree a few questions need asking but if we go back to the previous 2 weeks, SA was poor. They did not play anywhere to previous weeks and deserved the big loss.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:55 am

Any inquiry will involve the league asking the Crows whether they played to the line or not. You know what their answer will be already.

Anyway, they must've been 100% dinkum, the coach stayed at the game for all four quarters, right?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby another grub » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:08 am

If nothing is done then the Sanfl, the AFC and the umpires all get away with cheating.

How can you all sit back and accept this?
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 434 times
Been liked: 404 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:10 am

another grub wrote:Had a packet on the ravens...

Ahhhh that feels better. ...

Yet from the preview thread -

another grub wrote:All points to the ravens getting beat.

They are rooted.

another grub wrote:Just put my house on sturt +28.5

Free money

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby another grub » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:11 am

Lol......

Dutchy you know me better than that.......
another grub
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:32 am

another grub wrote:If nothing is done then the Sanfl, the AFC and the umpires all get away with cheating.

How can you all sit back and accept this?

The shambles of Sunday (and the previous two weeks of the finals) was something three years in the making. Just be thankful that kind of apathy wasn't served up in a Grand Final. It's only a matter of time before it is.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:09 am

The West Australian understands several high-ranking WA football administrators have voiced concerns that the crowd at Domain Stadium could fall under 10,000 for the first time since 1944, a result that would deliver a costly financial hit for the WA Football Commission.

However, WAFC chief executive Gavin Taylor said he was hopeful 15,000 fans would witness the first grand final appearance in Peel’s 20-year history. The Thunder have fielded 17 AFL-listed players in each of their three finals wins in concessions that have sparked a backlash from rival clubs.

Other variables have fuelled doubts over the potential crowd.

Possible showers are forecast, while the grand final coincides with the opening weekend of the Perth Royal Show and WA’s first long weekend in three months.

The WAFC has made a determined push to swell numbers.

Free entry has been introduced for children 15 and under, and buses will be available to transport Peel supporters from their Mandurah base to Subiaco.

Fremantle are using social media and their club website to flood their membership base of more than 50,000 ticket holders with game-day information.

Subiaco chief executive Peter Capes predicted poor weather would hurt attendances.

“People are talking about if they get 10,000, they’ll be happy,” Capes said.

“It’s a difficult concept and untried. We don’t know what Peel Thunder bring to the table.

“Hopefully there’ll be a lot of purple people there and it (the AFL alignment) will bring this unexpected draw to the game.”

South Fremantle president Haydn Raitt said he hoped neutral WAFL followers would attend the grand final. “I’m concerned about the crowd that they may get,” he said.

Only 11,987 saw Subiaco defeat East Perth in the 2014 grand final in a contest marred at stages by torrential rain.

The lowest attendance for a WAFL grand final was 5308 for West Perth’s 1942 premiership win over Claremont.

Taylor predicted the likelihood of a tight contest would boost interest, with an average margin of three points in their three meetings this year.

“I would encourage everyone in the Peel region and all of the Subiaco supporters to make sure they get to the game and support both teams as they aim to create their own pieces of history,” Taylor said.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:10 am

Fremantle are using social media and their club website to flood their membership base of more than 50,000 ticket holders with game-day information.

At least Freo do a bit more than the clubs here who have their own teams!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:15 am

Wedgie wrote:

At least Freo do a bit more than the clubs here who have their own teams!

the adelaide teams dont exactly set a very high bar to beat though
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:20 am

Interesting to note WA had over 20K to their 2013 GF the year before Peel became Freos reserves side and now three years later they're expecting half of that.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:34 am

The WA equivalent of SAFooty is interesting reading, very similar thoughts to here such as this one:

Can anyone say that the WAFC is at all interested in the WAFL competition, clubs, players, embers and supporters?

In my opinion the answer is an unambiguous NO.

One of the most important reasons the bottom has fallen out of the WAFL crowds in the past two seasons is the host club alignment. If the WAFC was really interested in the WAFL competition it would be scrapped for the 2017 season.

http://ozfooty.net/joomla16/forum/wafl-general-chat
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby another grub » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:38 am

17 afl players doesnt mean sh't if the league/umpires/club itself is manipulationg the results.
another grub
Coach

Postby another grub » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:39 am

Sounds like the same issues over there. Get rid of the cancer
another grub
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:50 am

another grub wrote:17 afl players doesnt mean sh't if the league/umpires/club itself is manipulationg the results.
Attachments
broken record.png
broken record.png (144.81 KiB) Viewed 1292 times
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby another grub » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:58 am

I might go down to AO and protest. Make up some signs and start chanting...."f##ken cheaTs"

Let the news services and rooch know...Might draw some attention to this appauling event that took place
another grub
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:04 pm

another grub wrote:I might go down to AO and protest. Make up some signs and start chanting...."f##ken cheaTs"

Let the news services and rooch know...Might draw some attention to this appauling event that took place

Do it, anything that stops you boring us to death instead I fully support.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:30 pm

I walked into the work kitchen to hear two Collingwood supporters with no affilation to the SANFL clubs saying how vindicated they felt after Adelaide lost to Sturt because it proved that despite them having no injuries, they weren't good enough to beat an SANFL club outright. One said "hopefully it puts that conversation to bed".

I let them continue....

Then one said "we got flogged by the Bulldogs in the VFL, but that's more so because we rested Cox and a few others and sent a lad off for surgery because the season is over".

That's when I interjected.

In my eyes, both conversations contradict each other. Collingwood didn't have anything to play for, but the Bulldogs did. Adelaide didn't have anything to play for but the Bulldogs did. Yep, the Adelaide mob didn't send guys off for surgery but the results were the same.

Sturts only hope of beating Adelaide in my eyes, was for Adelaide to get beaten on the Saturday night.

Just my opinion of course!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:35 pm

Magellan wrote:
DoublebluTiger wrote:Interesting to note he stated Sturt's president used the phrase "A club beat a team" in after match presentations.

Hang on, doesn't the Sturt president support the notion of the Crows playing in the Essayeneffell?

Not sure if he supported it or not, but if it presented a financial boost for our club, then he would've turned a blind eye to it and accepted the deal.

Not the right thing to do of course, but I would think he did it in the financial interests of the club.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL