Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

Postby locky801 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:58 pm

Brodlach wrote:Agreed!

Midfielders are not the only players on the ground

One of our sides played a game early in the year and we only had 18 players, it was arranged that some from a younger side (within the rules) would come and play after their game had concluded. Due to different game times the two lads didnt get there until 3/4 time hence only spent less than a 1/4 of the game on the field.

Result one gets 3 votes, the other gets 2, i can only presume that the lad that had over 30 possessions and 20 marks must have got the 1 vote :oops:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3695 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:05 pm

locky801 wrote:

One of our sides played a game early in the year and we only had 18 players, it was arranged that some from a younger side (within the rules) would come and play after their game had concluded. Due to different game times the two lads didnt get there until 3/4 time hence only spent less than a 1/4 of the game on the field.

Result one gets 3 votes, the other gets 2, i can only presume that the lad that had over 30 possessions and 20 marks must have got the 1 vote :oops:

Haha that is crazy!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:45 pm

locky801 wrote:

We had a kid that had two kicks all season poll a vote while another one who may have had 5 kicks for the season poll 2
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:44 pm

Lucky kids :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Dear Kenilworth Football Club Community

IMPORTANT NOTICE regarding CHANNEL 7 NEWS article

Yesterday Channel 7 news ran an article pertaining to suspected fraudulent activity within the senior official ranks of the Metro South Junior Football League. This is the league we were part of prior to joining the SANFL Juniors in 2016.

We would like to reassure all our members that the Kenilworth Football Club or any member of the club ARE NOT involved in any way but unfortunately our club was included in filming of the story without the clubs knowledge or authority.

As part of the transition to the SANFL Juniors competition we have be working with the other clubs of the Metro South Junior Football League to finalise all matters pertaining to the leagues operations. The equitable resolution of these matters including the reconciliation and audit of financial accounts has been paramount. As part of this process clubs were made aware two weeks ago of potential irregularities in the financial accounts. Upon notification of these irregularities the clubs agreed that the matter should be referred to the SANFL and Police. Until a full investigation is complete and findings are communicated any reference to fraudulent activities are yet to be proven. The SANFL is handling all enquiries and overseeing the investigations and are handling any media enquiries. We are confident that with the SANFL's support and the Police that this matter will be resolved and dealt with appropriately.

The Kenilworth Football Club and all clubs affiliated with MSJFL are fully cooperating and assisting the investigation as required. No members of the Kenilworth Football Club are involved in this investigation and we are extremely disappointed with the implication of our club in the story. As a club we are committed to ensuring that a resolution to this matter is found and we will communicate any updates as appropriate. Unless you hear it from the Club you can assume that any information you hear is unsubstantiated.

We request that if any member has any concerns or queries please contact Football Director John Schulz.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby wassprinttospace » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:24 pm

Brodlach wrote:Anyone know if in finals you can play the whole squad or just 22? I know the Grand Final is 25

I don't know what the rule is on this Brodlach, I went looking on the SANFL site but it did not say a number specifically, but it does say this -

8.8 GRAND FINAL SQUAD SIZES
8.8.1 Under 12 to 14 Competitions, clubs must declare qualified and registered player
numbers by Tuesday midday of the week of the Grand Final. Once notified SANFL
Juniors will advise all clubs of the numbers to play on Grand Final day.

My son played in an under 13 GF on Sunday for a club with 27 qualified players. The opposition club had 27 players who had played at least 1 game for the year. They had 24 that had played the required 6 games under rule 8.7.1, the other 3 played one game only according to the official team numbers. My sons team had 27 who played the required 6 games. I can find nothing in the rules that states the maximum squad size.

The upshot of it all is that 3 players from my sons team had to miss the GF on Sunday so that both teams had an equal number of players. The boys were rotated fairly all year to give them all 12 or 13 games in a 16 game season and then come GF day 3 miss out.

IMHO this must be addressed. How do we expect to keep boys and girls playing our great game when that happens. From under 15's or 16's on then play equal team sizes or limit it to 22, they are older and more mature to understand but it would still be very disappointing none the less to miss out.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby Brodlach » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:59 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Dear Kenilworth Football Club Community

Yesterday Channel 7 news ran an article pertaining to suspected fraudulent activity within the senior official ranks of the Metro South Junior Football League. This is the league we were part of prior to joining the SANFL Juniors in 2016.

We would like to reassure all our members that the Kenilworth Football Club or any member of the club ARE NOT involved in any way but unfortunately our club was included in filming of the story without the clubs knowledge or authority.

As part of the transition to the SANFL Juniors competition we have be working with the other clubs of the Metro South Junior Football League to finalise all matters pertaining to the leagues operations. The equitable resolution of these matters including the reconciliation and audit of financial accounts has been paramount. As part of this process clubs were made aware two weeks ago of potential irregularities in the financial accounts. Upon notification of these irregularities the clubs agreed that the matter should be referred to the SANFL and Police. Until a full investigation is complete and findings are communicated any reference to fraudulent activities are yet to be proven. The SANFL is handling all enquiries and overseeing the investigations and are handling any media enquiries. We are confident that with the SANFL's support and the Police that this matter will be resolved and dealt with appropriately.

The Kenilworth Football Club and all clubs affiliated with MSJFL are fully cooperating and assisting the investigation as required. No members of the Kenilworth Football Club are involved in this investigation and we are extremely disappointed with the implication of our club in the story. As a club we are committed to ensuring that a resolution to this matter is found and we will communicate any updates as appropriate. Unless you hear it from the Club you can assume that any information you hear is unsubstantiated.

We request that if any member has any concerns or queries please contact Football Director John Schulz.

Saw the same sort of email from Plympton football club too
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby locky801 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:19 pm

wassprinttospace wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Anyone know if in finals you can play the whole squad or just 22? I know the Grand Final is 25

I don't know what the rule is on this Brodlach, I went looking on the SANFL site but it did not say a number specifically, but it does say this -

8.8.1 Under 12 to 14 Competitions, clubs must declare qualified and registered player

My son played in an under 13 GF on Sunday for a club with 27 qualified players. The opposition club had 27 players who had played at least 1 game for the year. They had 24 that had played the required 6 games under rule 8.7.1, the other 3 played one game only according to the official team numbers. My sons team had 27 who played the required 6 games. I can find nothing in the rules that states the maximum squad size.

The upshot of it all is that 3 players from my sons team had to miss the GF on Sunday so that both teams had an equal number of players. The boys were rotated fairly all year to give them all 12 or 13 games in a 16 game season and then come GF day 3 miss out.

IMHO this must be addressed. How do we expect to keep boys and girls playing our great game when that happens. From under 15's or 16's on then play equal team sizes or limit it to 22, they are older and more mature to understand but it would still be very disappointing none the less to miss out.

Pretty well the same rule all over for Junior footy in Grand finals from what i can remember from my Junior Pres days. There is a select number that can play only, from memory think it was 22 and the rest were permitted to be in the environs in Club polos but not playing, that was in the NEMJFA, just not certain about the actual numbers
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3695 times
Been liked: 1165 times

MSJFL

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:42 pm

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:34 am

locky801 wrote:
wassprinttospace wrote:

Pretty well the same rule all over for Junior footy in Grand finals from what i can remember from my Junior Pres days. There is a select number that can play only, from memory think it was 22 and the rest were permitted to be in the environs in Club polos but not playing, that was in the NEMJFA, just not certain about the actual numbers

3 extra can sit on the bench in full gear, warm up, go out to coaches quarter time address but not play. That was in 2010 unless it's changed.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby wassprinttospace » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:11 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
locky801 wrote:
wassprinttospace wrote:

3 extra can sit on the bench in full gear, warm up, go out to coaches quarter time address but not play. That was in 2010 unless it's changed.

Just what every junior footballer wants to be doing on grand final day :roll:

Set the maximum squad size, and let them play irrespective of whether the opposition can match that squad size. Once they get to 15's or 16's then they start playing 22 of the squad in preparation for senior footy.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:22 pm

From u13's upwards it should be a maximum of 22, they are playing in a GF so Im sure they understand by that age it is a competitive environment and you have to earn your spot.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Mr Onions » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:22 am

If you can't make the first 22 on grand final day maybe start looking for another club. I know there are a number of clubs out there that are happy to take your subs and then string you along by telling you to keep training but you never really get a whole lot of game time. Even when you do get selected most of your game will be on the bench. There are plenty of clubs who will give you plenty of game time and are great clubs to be involved with. Sometimes parents won't take their kids to a certain club because of certain reputations of the seniors. I think in many cases the juniors is run by people who are fairly separate from the senior side and do a great job. Reputation is something that hangs with your club for a very long time even after you make many changes and it becomes a great environment for juniors. At the end of the day all your kid wants to do is play footy so take the time to look into the clubs around you. You will find that many great people are running these junior clubs.
Mr Onions
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby wassprinttospace » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:45 am

Mr Onions wrote:If you can't make the first 22 on grand final day maybe start looking for another club. I know there are a number of clubs out there that are happy to take your subs and then string you along by telling you to keep training but you never really get a whole lot of game time. Even when you do get selected most of your game will be on the bench. There are plenty of clubs who will give you plenty of game time and are great clubs to be involved with. Sometimes parents won't take their kids to a certain club because of certain reputations of the seniors. I think in many cases the juniors is run by people who are fairly separate from the senior side and do a great job. Reputation is something that hangs with your club for a very long time even after you make many changes and it becomes a great environment for juniors. At the end of the day all your kid wants to do is play footy so take the time to look into the clubs around you. You will find that many great people are running these junior clubs.

So every club should just have a list of 22 - not sure that would work. Our under 13's all got equal games and equal game time during the season with a squad of 27. That's down to excellent management by the coaches and team manager and not just focusing on the scoreboard. They lost 4 of their 13 minor round games.

In the end this squad won the GF and all were awarded a medal including the 3 who did not get to play. Credit to them and their parents for ensuring they were still there on the day when they could have said stuff this i'm not really part of it. I've seen that in senior footy on GF day which is is ordinary.

These are 12/13 year olds. I am as competitive as the next person but what i saw on Sunday made me think is this the way it should be. My son played and i was so pleased for him and all his team mates - all 26 of them!
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:30 pm

Nothing in the news article mentioned Kenilworth?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby S Demon » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:31 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Nothing in the news article mentioned Kenilworth?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:49 pm

They used their ground to film it? Is that it?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby heater31 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:They used their ground to film it? Is that it?

It's the classic 2+2=5 scenario.....vision of their club has been used and obviously uneducated folk have made a connection that is unsubstantiated.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:42 pm

Old file vision by the looks of it
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:53 pm

Don't think it's old file footage
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League