Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:28 pm

fathersonsfl wrote:
Dutchy wrote:You FALCON Beauty!

Gee they look excited......well done Flagstaff, but possibly the worst after GF photo I have ever seen!!

Geez I agree. Whats with the strength from 91 banner?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:35 pm

To be fair they had already received the cup/flag/shield up in the grandstand, this was the obligatory on field photo opportunity.

The banner relates to Sam Willoughby, who is in a pretty bad way ATM, has many mates in the team and his family are involved in the club.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:36 pm

Dutchy wrote:To be fair they had already received the cup/flag/shield up in the grandstand, this was the obligatory on field photo opportunity.

The banner relates to Sam Willoughby, who is in a pretty bad way ATM, has many mates in the team and his family are involved in the club.

Did he have a footy accident? It's not the BMX rider is it?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:37 pm

qwerty wrote:Disagree a bit there Dutchy, might have been busy then before the B-grade started but once the B-grade was done the hill was pretty empty (partly because of the FH crew on the outer wing and agree the weather made things difficult). My point was more can you ever see it returning to one of the local grounds, the place is just devoid of atmosphere as most people will go to watch their junior sides, B-grade etc and then leave. Also saw Morphie parks had a BBQ/boozer at the ground, nice parting gift from the SFL surely that money would have been better invested into a club that was staying in the league.

I think you could only hold it at Bice or Noarlunga. Agree I'd prefer to see it at a local ground or at least let cars in, its OK for SANFL so why not SFL?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:38 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Dutchy wrote:To be fair they had already received the cup/flag/shield up in the grandstand, this was the obligatory on field photo opportunity.

Yep BMX rider. He was here for the Qualifying final 3 weeks back, he won a junior flag and his brother plays B grade.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby footy1992 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:46 pm

Dutchy wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Yep BMX rider. He was here for the Qualifying final 3 weeks back, he won a junior flag and his brother plays B grade.

http://www.bmxaustralia.com.au/News/New ... ughby.aspx
footy1992
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:06 pm

Dutchy wrote:
qwerty wrote:Congratulations to FHFC.

I know some people will shoot me down but the atmosphere at that grand final was terrible and really draws away from the day. Yeah the playing surface is great, the changeroomes a bit nicer but with the rain on the weekend the hill was bare for the A-Grade and it really lacks the atmosphere of what grandfinal day should be all about. Most of the finals these days have security and are almost 'closed venues' and I don't think there have been any incidents in the last few years. Is it time to give it a chance and move it back to a local venue or should they start to look at letting cars park around then oval?

Hill was pretty full untilt he rain hit, then the grandstand/shed was full, I thought the crowd was pretty good considering everyone knew the rain was coming.

A lot of that hill was Christies Beach supporters, once the B-Grade was done the majority headed to Bice.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby petoe » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:55 pm

Shoeboy, how did flaggies soft underbelly go on the weekend?....

Congratulations to Flagstaff Hill on the A grade flag. Much deserved and has been building for years.

Well done to premiers in all grades.
petoe
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby oneuponedown » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:04 pm

Well done to all grade winners, Flaggies well deserved in the A's.

Will the dynamic duo of Mitchell and Charlesworth be going round again in 2017??
Was some "discussion" around this at the bar Sat?
oneuponedown
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby liverpool kiss » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:23 pm

yes, very bland atmosphere and seems to be getting worse each year,
local oval would trump that 10 times over, mabye not in numbers but atmosphere and a viewing spectacle.

that size ground and atmosphere is alien to all the SFL players and is tricky to play at the best of times, No excuses though, goals at each end and so on...

unlikley things will change though,

will be difficult to leave all the top rivalries in the SFL, hoping to see the SFL build itself back up fast rather than decline slowly from this point....

as we all know.... has potential to be great once again.

good luck with the future to steve Macklin

well done flaggies and congrats to wisey (sfl legend and gunn bloke) and CHB for getting the choc's over us in the two's.

will be keeping a keen eye on next years season from a far.
liverpool kiss

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Thumbs Up » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:51 am

qwerty wrote:Disagree a bit there Dutchy, might have been busy then before the B-grade started but once the B-grade was done the hill was pretty empty (partly because of the FH crew on the outer wing and agree the weather made things difficult). My point was more can you ever see it returning to one of the local grounds, the place is just devoid of atmosphere as most people will go to watch their junior sides, B-grade etc and then leave. Also saw Morphie parks had a BBQ/boozer at the ground, nice parting gift from the SFL surely that money would have been better invested into a club that was staying in the league.

I spent the afternoon down at the GSFL GF which i had never done before. It was played at encounter bay which does not hold many cars really but there was tents set up every where and the atmosphere was excellent as was the game. I got there at about 1.30pm after watching some junior footy at South Adelaide and tried my luck to drive in and get a park. At the entrance i was greeted by the gate keepers with no security asked for my $10 and drove in. I was not cavity searched in case i snuck in a couple of cold beers. Inside you could buy beers for $5which you could walk around the ground with, i saw the odd esky and i definately did not see security (who were there) interrogating people over a suspect beer they might have brought in under the seat of their car.
It seriously is time for the SFL to understand the people in our league and deliver a grand final atmosphere that we all are after. If security is a problem hire more.
Thumbs Up
Mini-League

Postby banterfordays » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:24 pm

Another good grand final day by the SFL.

The 18's was a real close game until the final quarter with Brighton lifting another gear.
B's was an entertaining game to watch and the A grade was a sweet dessert. Didn't choke on it either.

Seemed like a huge mistake to play Corrie, felt sorry for Morphetvale's 22nd player watching on as Corrie couldn't get out of 3rd gear.

Agree on lack of atmosphere, why not just rotate between grounds that are deemed suitable for Saturday finals?

oneuponedown wrote:Well done to all grade winners, Flaggies well deserved in the A's.

Will the dynamic duo of Mitchell and Charlesworth be going round again in 2017??
Was some "discussion" around this at the bar Sat?

Unsure, couldn't see any reason why not? What did you hear?
banterfordays

Has liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby MatteeG » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:21 am

Thumbs Up wrote:I spent the afternoon down at the GSFL GF which i had never done before. It was played at encounter bay which does not hold many cars really but there was tents set up every where and the atmosphere was excellent as was the game. I got there at about 1.30pm after watching some junior footy at South Adelaide and tried my luck to drive in and get a park. At the entrance i was greeted by the gate keepers with no security asked for my $10 and drove in. I was not cavity searched in case i snuck in a couple of cold beers. Inside you could buy beers for $5which you could walk around the ground with, i saw the odd esky and i definately did not see security (who were there) interrogating people over a suspect beer they might have brought in under the seat of their car.
It seriously is time for the SFL to understand the people in our league and deliver a grand final atmosphere that we all are after. If security is a problem hire more.

Blame the dickheads a few years ago that had the all in in the crowd which spilt onto the ground. Ruined it for everyone.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times

Postby shoe boy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:45 am

Any truth regarding sacking of coaches at Flagstaff?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Front & Centre » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:06 pm

Congratulations Flagstaff on your first A grade flag and to former HV Alumni Rod Mitchell
Impressed with our 18s performance who took it right up to Brighton who had been the best team all year. No one outside the club probably appreciates the issues and difficulties this team has faced over the season. For Shaun to get them to a GF and get that performance out of them on the day was outstanding and bears well for us as these boys become seniors.
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby petoe » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:08 pm

How did this stupid statement end up?

Aren't you a Marion supporter/person?
petoe
Under 16s

Postby fathersonsfl » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:13 pm

MatteeG wrote:
Thumbs Up wrote:I spent the afternoon down at the GSFL GF which i had never done before. It was played at encounter bay which does not hold many cars really but there was tents set up every where and the atmosphere was excellent as was the game. I got there at about 1.30pm after watching some junior footy at South Adelaide and tried my luck to drive in and get a park. At the entrance i was greeted by the gate keepers with no security asked for my $10 and drove in. I was not cavity searched in case i snuck in a couple of cold beers. Inside you could buy beers for $5which you could walk around the ground with, i saw the odd esky and i definately did not see security (who were there) interrogating people over a suspect beer they might have brought in under the seat of their car.

Blame the dickheads a few years ago that had the all in in the crowd which spilt onto the ground. Ruined it for everyone.

A few years ago? It was 13 years ago. Bloody time flies.....
fathersonsfl
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:30 pm

Advert.png
Brighton Bombers
Advert.png (95.66 KiB) Viewed 4359 times
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby MatteeG » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:31 pm

fathersonsfl wrote:
MatteeG wrote:

A few years ago? It was 13 years ago. Bloody time flies.....

13? Bloody hell. I'm washed up!
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:31 pm

Down the Hill wrote:
Advert.png

Wrong forum :)
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21