2016 SANFL Grand Final - Sunday Sep 25 (Adelaide Oval)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final - Sunday Sep 25 (Adelaide Oval)

Postby Panther Pack » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:58 pm

another grub wrote:
Booney wrote:Go Blues. Much prefer seeing them get up.

So did the umps $$$$'

For a bloke who wasn't gonna watch the game and had no interest in it you do whinge a lot.

Might be time for you to find a new hobby........
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:59 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:Say what you want about Wundke but he has been the one truly good player in the two GFs.
Boyd got a lot of the ball but often didnt seem that effective with it, not sure if that is his fault or game plan, thought Rowntree and Poole and maybe Allmond tried hard but were ineffective, and not much after that. Chris Hall needs to be offered the captaincy if the twos.
With all due respect to Kirkwood, was good to see Steven get the medal and not the high profile, easy choice.

Ineffective? I thought he hit most if not all of his targets.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby another grub » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:01 pm

I gotta go..... Kylie Gillies is on the big music quiz
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 410 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:02 pm

Well done Sturt, ironically that takes them to 14 flags, one more than North to make them the 2nd most successful current SANFL club behind Norwood in the SANFL but every North supporter I know including myself was barracking for Sturt today as it was a win for a real club. Well done, be proud you Double Blues fans, I know you are. North had a head start on you by a few years too which makes the achievement even greater.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby carey » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:03 pm

another grub wrote:I gotta go..... Kylie Gillies is on the big music quiz

That is the worst show I've ever seen.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby FlyingHigh » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:08 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
FlyingHigh wrote:Say what you want about Wundke but he has been the one truly good player in the two GFs.
Boyd got a lot of the ball but often didnt seem that effective with it, not sure if that is his fault or game plan, thought Rowntree and Poole and maybe Allmond tried hard but were ineffective, and not much after that. Chris Hall needs to be offered the captaincy if the twos.
With all due respect to Kirkwood, was good to see Steven get the medal and not the high profile, easy choice.

Ineffective? I thought he hit most if not all of his targets.

Just meant he did okay but didn't grab the game by the scruff like some sturt players
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby saintal » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:26 pm

Well done Sturt, huge turn-around in 12 months.

Were very hard at it today, and even though the scores were tight for 3 terms they appeared to have a bit more run and spread than the eagles.

Wundke a one-man forward line. WWT with too many passengers, again.

Good atmosphere at the ground.
Last edited by saintal on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby RB » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:26 pm

Wedgie wrote:Well done Sturt, ironically that takes them to 14 flags, one more than North to make them the 2nd most successful current SANFL club behind Norwood in the SANFL but every North supporter I know including myself was barracking for Sturt today as it was a win for a real club.

There are only two 'real' clubs in the SANFL, South and Central.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Grenville » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:32 pm

saintal wrote:Well done Sturt, huge turn-around in 12 months.

Were very hard at it today, and even though the scores were tight for 3 terms they appeared to have a bit more run and spread than the eagles.

Wundke a one-man forward line. WWT with too many passengers, again.

Good atmosphere at the ground.

Of course Wundke is a one-man forward line, noone else can fit down there besides the fat c**t.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:34 pm

RB wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Well done Sturt, ironically that takes them to 14 flags, one more than North to make them the 2nd most successful current SANFL club behind Norwood in the SANFL but every North supporter I know including myself was barracking for Sturt today as it was a win for a real club.

There are only two 'real' clubs in the SANFL, South and Central.

There's 8 real clubs but two of them don't have sell outs as their League directors.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby The Jack » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:36 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:
The Jack wrote:Maybe the Eagles' injuries last year weren't the reason they lost?? As has been suggested ad bloody nauseum since!! :lol:

Last year was like 2011, the hunters were bulking up nicely and the rub of the green went against the hunted. Still doesn't excuse the way we played or how good west were, centrals in ithe same situation were able to get within a kick
This year, well the last 40 minutes can be considered a choke because up till then i thought both teams were in the contest. As mattner said he thought this was earlier than their planning expected.

Appreciate all that, was more a crack at the media constantly referring to how unlucky they were last year blah, blah, blah. Even with all the late setbacks the Eagles faced last year, they were still the hot favourites, and deservedly so. While on the media, do you think they could fit any more AFL references in to the commentary today?? Seriously, between Casey and Soders at least a hundred I reckon. Flogs.
The Jack
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Pseudo » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:45 pm

another grub wrote:Is Alana Smith looking hot or have i just jad a few too many?

Schwing!
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Itchy Tiger » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:46 pm

Well played Sturt. Eagles back to back for all the wrong reasons. Different umpiring in finals and they struggle. When the umps largely put away the whistle, it doesn't matter how much the Eagles players bleat. Eagles were arguably the best side all year but that doesn't always equate to ultimate success. Mind you, from watching only Bays games, the Roosters were the best opposition side I saw this year.
Itchy Tiger
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brown's Well

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:06 pm

Well its taken 41/42 years but I've finally seen my side win a GF in person. 2002 I was best man at my mates wedding. This year I got to go. And far out that was amazing.

I took my 7yo and he was rapt. He really got into it. I really hope that he engages with the SANFL now and continues on the tradition of us 70s and 80s kids who followed one team in the local comp and one in the VFL/national comp.

I also wonder if he realises how lucky he is. His second game of SANFL and he sees his team win a flag!

Go Blues. ******* fantastic!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:11 pm

carey wrote:
another grub wrote:I gotta go..... Kylie Gillies is on the big music quiz

That is the worst show I've ever seen.

And the adjudicators a fckn cheats :D
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:18 pm

gadj1976 wrote:Well its taken 41/42 years but I've finally seen my side win a GF in person. 2002 I was best man at my mates wedding. This year I got to go. And far out that was amazing.

I took my 7yo and he was rapt. He really got into it. I really hope that he engages with the SANFL now and continues on the tradition of us 70s and 80s kids who followed one team in the local comp and one in the VFL/national comp.

That can happen if only the SANFL offers a real alternative. But it can happen.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:31 pm

gadj1976 wrote:Well its taken 41/42 years but I've finally seen my side win a GF in person. 2002 I was best man at my mates wedding. This year I got to go. And far out that was amazing.

I also wonder if he realises how lucky he is. His second game of SANFL and he sees his team win a flag!

Go Blues. ******* fantastic!

It's easy for you, the poor bugger has a choice between Sturt and Carlton, no choice! ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Brendan M » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Great crowd, Mentals in good touch, Sturt fab. WWT pay the price for opting for slow and steady rather than the young runners, two of whom were dropped. Despite all the jibes thrown at him Wundke delivers, while Poole was our best. Will be a lock out at the Arkaba tonight !
Brendan M
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Aerie » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:48 pm

Those two goals to Sturt just before 3/4 time were the killer. Eagles threw everything at Sturt for that first 20 minutes of the 3rd, but Sturt held, steadied and then broke away. The better team won.

All the avenues to the forward line were through Ainger and he was beaten. All the avenues to goal were through Wundke, who played a lone hand. The Eagles midfield and runners could not bust through at any stage. Sturt defence was immense.

Well done Sturt. A great crowd and good day for SANFL footy. Grand Final monkey well and truly back on the Eagles back.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:49 pm

Where does this leave Godden?[/quote]

He was thoroughly out - coached by Mattner today. Just did absolutely nothing in response to the spare Sturt defender in our backline all day that mopped up all the loose kicks forward and caused so much indecisiveness amongst our players causing us to hold it up and chip it sideways.

Then again, our players weren't prepared to push up fast when we had the ball in our possession and @%#!%# Ainger just couldn't be bothered presenting himself and making a contest.

But no, Godden is safe as houses, generally a good coach. Of course he will probably be doubting his own ability after 2 dismal losses so I guess the question will lie with him.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL