2016 grand final crowd prediction

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2016 grand final crowd prediction

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:17 pm

Cambridge Clarrie wrote:Looked every bit of 30,000 from where I was sitting. The hill hold a lot more standing than you'd think... SANFL should be very happy with that crowd. Well done to all of the Eagles fans who turned up, but if a Norwood (or god forbid) Port had made it, they would have topped 40k.

Port has dropped off CC. I went to the 2014 GF Norwood v Port, and there was very little support for Port there. Perhaps their presence galvanised the neutrals to turn up and support Norwood against them? I know I yelled my throat out for the Legs that day.
I reckon Sturt/ Norwood/ Glenelg and perhaps North would push or surpass 40,000. I think Glenelg especially would draw a huge crowd. They always get a massive turn out for big games, no matter how starved of success they are, or maybe because of it?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Aerie » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:06 pm

Would need either Sturt vs Glenelg or Norwood vs Glenelg for a big crowd. Sturt and Norwood supporters are one and the same aren't they? A redleg and double blue scarf either side of their Crows scarf in the wardrobe?
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:26 pm

South would pack the place out. Last GF they played in got over 50K on a shitty day and their last GF at Adelaide Oval had over 56k!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Panther Pack » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:03 pm

Wedgie wrote:South would pack the place out. Last GF they played in got over 50K on a shitty day and their last GF at Adelaide Oval had over 56k!

Couldn't agree more Wedgie, we are a sleeping giant of the league and in fact are in the top 4 on the premiership tally behind Norwood, Sturt and North.

Now we just need to get you signed up as a member next season :D
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:31 pm

Cambridge Clarrie wrote:Looked every bit of 30,000 from where I was sitting. The hill hold a lot more standing than you'd think... SANFL should be very happy with that crowd. Well done to all of the Eagles fans who turned up, but if a Norwood (or god forbid) Port had made it, they would have topped 40k.

@Cambridge Clarrie, did you get the table at the Presidents Lunch this year?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby robranisgod » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:49 pm

Aerie wrote:Would need either Sturt vs Glenelg or Norwood vs Glenelg for a big crowd. Sturt and Norwood supporters are one and the same aren't they? A redleg and double blue scarf either side of their Crows scarf in the wardrobe?

Norwood vs North drew over 36,000 at the despised Football Park. I know of a number of people who drove to the ground that day and then drove home again because they didn't want to have to park on Tapleys Hill Road.

Norwood vs Port drew over 38,000 and that was with the Power playing a preliminary final the night before at the MCG which must have impacted upon their support at the SANFL Grand Final.

Therefore think that there would be a chance of Norwood vs Port or Norwood vs North drawing 40,000 at Adelaide Oval. It actually would depend on how many free tickets the league gave out. Then again the way that those three clubs are travelling and for that matter Glenelg as well the chance of them meeting in a Grand Final looks unlikely in the foreseeable future, but I guess West and Sturt have shown that things can change quickly.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 227 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Cambridge Clarrie » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:19 am

Footy Chick wrote:

@Cambridge Clarrie, did you get the table at the Presidents Lunch this year?

Was offered but I declined. Could never watch my team play for a premiership in such an environment...
"They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head"
Cambridge Clarrie
League - Best 21

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:45 am

Panther Pack wrote:
Wedgie wrote:South would pack the place out. Last GF they played in got over 50K on a shitty day and their last GF at Adelaide Oval had over 56k!

Couldn't agree more Wedgie, we are a sleeping giant of the league and in fact are in the top 4 on the premiership tally behind Norwood, Sturt and North.

Now we just need to get you signed up as a member next season :D

Could happen again mate, my daughter even bought me a Panthers polo to match my cap for my birthday, she's trying! ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL