Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:07 pm

Slots It Through wrote:
mickey wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:In other news, Congratulations to former North Haven player Matty Eagles - just won "The Recruit" and will sign with Brisbane.

Former Seaton Rambler you mean [WINKING FACE]

And former Port Magpies player

How many reserves games did he play at the Magpies Slots? I believe he played a few coming up from the U/19s?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10292 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:50 pm

whufc wrote:Heard some interesting rumors.

Doesn't involve the council i live in (playford)but apparently one of the councils is unhappy with its local club in regards to paying players.

Supposedly this council is angered by the increase in junior football fees, the drop in participation numbers in its council and the fact the clubs are paying decent amounts to a grade footballers.

While the council understand it is not the clubs paying the players per say they are looking at potentially restricting funding and renegotiating the contracts to make clubs make the clubs more accountable for keeping junior sport at a reasonable cost if clubs continue to raise junior fees while paying a grade footballers.

Admittedly this is only at discussion level apparently but it does come from a very reliable source.

Junior footy subs are pretty good compared to soccer, from my understanding.
This sort of argument, about the cost of junior subs compared to the cost of paying senior players, is one I've heard bouncing around local soccer clubs in the past.
So it's no surprise, to me, that it may be rearing it's head in Aussie rules.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:57 pm

Try playing / paying to play Div 6 or 7 baseball and knowing it's going to the import in the 1's.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:09 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
whufc wrote:Heard some interesting rumors.

Doesn't involve the council i live in (playford)but apparently one of the councils is unhappy with its local club in regards to paying players.

Supposedly this council is angered by the increase in junior football fees, the drop in participation numbers in its council and the fact the clubs are paying decent amounts to a grade footballers.

While the council understand it is not the clubs paying the players per say they are looking at potentially restricting funding and renegotiating the contracts to make clubs make the clubs more accountable for keeping junior sport at a reasonable cost if clubs continue to raise junior fees while paying a grade footballers.

Admittedly this is only at discussion level apparently but it does come from a very reliable source.

Junior footy subs are pretty good compared to soccer, from my understanding.
This sort of argument, about the cost of junior subs compared to the cost of paying senior players, is one I've heard bouncing around local soccer clubs in the past.
So it's no surprise, to me, that it may be rearing it's head in Aussie rules.

Yeah I think the person I was talking to referenced local clubs and by that I think he meant all sports and amateur clubs but I wasn't sure where to put what I had heard

I think what also hasn't helped this case was that a few of these clubs have been slow to pay certain bills as well
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Slots It Through » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:26 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Slots It Through wrote:
mickey wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:In other news, Congratulations to former North Haven player Matty Eagles - just won "The Recruit" and will sign with Brisbane.

Former Seaton Rambler you mean [WINKING FACE]

And former Port Magpies player

How many reserves games did he play at the Magpies Slots? I believe he played a few coming up from the U/19s?

Not entirely sure mate, it wasn't many. Would be under 10
Slots It Through
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Danky$$ » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:43 pm

Who changed the SportingPulse page so it's impossible to use?
Danky$$
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:22 pm

SA News
Young Rosewater footballer ruled out for 22 games after pleading guilty to kicking Seaton player during grand final
The Advertiser
September 28, 2016 7:53am

THE SANFL juniors tribunal suspended a Rosewater Football Club Under 16 player on Tuesday night for 22 games after he pleaded guilty to kicking an opponent.

The boy admitted kicking a 15-year-old Seaton player and misconduct during a melee late in the Metro West Junior Football League under 16 grand final on September 18.

The sanction means the player is deregistration under the AFL’s National Deregistration Policy, which enforces automatic deregistration when a player has accumulated suspensions totalling 16 games or more.

The player can apply for re-registration after serving the suspension, SANFL Game Development Manager Ben Hopkins said.

“We have said from the outset that our primary focus is for the welfare of all who participate in SANFL juniors,’’ he said.

Officials will offer support to the suspended player and his family as he comes to terms with the consequences of his actions, Mr Hopkins said.

“We have also been in constant contact with the family of the Seaton player involved in the incident and will continue to provide support wherever we can,” he said.

The SANFL requested the media respect the privacy of those involved because they were minors.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby bubba love » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:07 pm

if the SANFL's primary focus was player welfare they would have acted when a complaint was made by rosewater the last time these two sides met, turn it up SANFL
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:40 am

bubba love wrote:if the SANFL's primary focus was player welfare they would have acted when a complaint was made by rosewater the last time these two sides met, turn it up SANFL

What was the complaint about?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 243 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:59 am

bubba love wrote:if the SANFL's primary focus was player welfare they would have acted when a complaint was made by rosewater the last time these two sides met, turn it up SANFL

Deferring the blame, seems a good course of action for the RFC from here....
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby sharks » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:06 am

You know there is a problem when someone is quoted from the Club in the paper with this beauty

" Should have been a red card "!!!! Thats all!
sharks
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby jo172 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:18 am

Dutchy wrote:

I suppose it's a step forward from outright hostility following the Rumbleow incident?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby SATCHEL » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:55 am

Once again, warrior-ship of keyboard land is back on. I don't k now how many reply's ive written and then deleted. Simple version, You're not in the club, you don't know. Cant ever understand why people think deferring the blame is what we are actually doing. The seniors and juniors are separate entities but we are one club in the eye of the public and form within. Make no mistake there is no deferring of blame. I will say that when you ask for help and not get it or are ignored. You cant do much more than that. Yes this is a forum and yes people can have their opinion. However, if you don't know the full story you have no idea. One thing i will say is this, go and have a look at the ridiculous and disgraceful attempt of a story on Tyson Edwards regarding women's football. That's what journo's do.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:27 pm

Appreciate your position, however you need to accept that the public;s view is formed via articles like this, and Im sure the kid wasn't suspended for 22 weeks for a love tap.

What action has the RFC taken against the kid?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby SATCHEL » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:08 pm

Dutchy wrote:Appreciate your position, however you need to accept that the public;s view is formed via articles like this, and Im sure the kid wasn't suspended for 22 weeks for a love tap.

What action has the RFC taken against the kid?

We wont be going over any sanctions that the club will/may be putting in place. Unlike others we will reserve the right to keep the inside workings of our club within those walls and respect the privacy of the parents and kids involved. That's the most important thing. Make sure the kids are OK and recover. No kid should be outcasted for anything or be swamped whilst recovering. You deserve to play footy without reservation. You also deserve the right to help and support when something like this happens.
The RFC will not be making any further comment on this whilst advice is being sought. Its up to those if they would like to take the disappointing path of innuendo and bull$shit statements. BUT, i will make it very clear this is not what our club is about , we are a good club and wont be beaten down. We will remember those that tried to sink the boot in and when they need help, don't bother coming down Newcastle street.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Postby MW » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:15 pm

Evidence on this year alone is against you mate.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Interesting approach
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby SATCHEL » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:03 pm

Dutchy wrote:Interesting approach

What would you like me to put up. One option would be to blame everyone else and walk away from it. Or we work through the issues and have concrete resolutions for an outcome that would best suit all involved and importantly our club. To come out with half assed responses or things being said off the cuff then we will continue to be ridiculed for not accepting responsibility. Having it all sorted and working with the bodies that run our associations is key. If we want to be accepted back into the community club arena and to be providing a safe, fun environment for kids, parents and seniors to come to our club and just play football and enjoy the bloody place like it used to be. That is our main priority along with a cohesive club that runs to a profit and is accepted for who we are and what we want to be. Take what you will from it. We know what we need to do and where we need to go to turn this around.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Postby cracka » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:43 pm

SATCHEL wrote:Once again, warrior-ship of keyboard land is back on. I don't k now how many reply's ive written and then deleted. Simple version, You're not in the club, you don't know. Cant ever understand why people think deferring the blame is what we are actually doing. The seniors and juniors are separate entities but we are one club in the eye of the public and form within. Make no mistake there is no deferring of blame. I will say that when you ask for help and not get it or are ignored. You cant do much more than that. Yes this is a forum and yes people can have their opinion. However, if you don't know the full story you have no idea. One thing i will say is this, go and have a look at the ridiculous and disgraceful attempt of a story on Tyson Edwards regarding women's football. That's what journo's do.

the video of the incident is pretty damning.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Slots It Through » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:

I think there was a suggestion of racial comments made previously.
Slots It Through
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League