GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

Talk on the national game

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

Postby heater31 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:36 pm

Dutchy wrote:One thing I found curious was Bob Murphy out at the 3/4 time huddle, my understanding was they while injured players can be in the coaches box they cannot go onto the field during the breaks, anyone know if this has changed?

Strange all other levels of football you can do that...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:15 pm

heater31 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:One thing I found curious was Bob Murphy out at the 3/4 time huddle, my understanding was they while injured players can be in the coaches box they cannot go onto the field during the breaks, anyone know if this has changed?

Quote regularly you would see pics of injured players sitting in the box by themselves during breaks, makes sense otherwise the whole squad could go out at each break.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:16 pm

*chuckle*
Attachments
aflchuckle.jpg
aflchuckle.jpg (30.21 KiB) Viewed 2917 times
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:17 pm

Dutchy wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Quote regularly you would see pics of injured players sitting in the box by themselves during breaks, makes sense otherwise the whole squad could go out at each break.

Simple, he was on the team sheet.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

???
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:02 pm

am Bays wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Simple, he was on the team sheet.

The way people are carrying on....... you'd think he was! ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:02 pm

Dutchy wrote:???

He would've been listed as a coach/selector/official at the appropriate place on the team sheet so he could be on the ground at breaks, simple.
am Bays
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:59 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:INTERESTING FACT:

1996: NM 17.17.131 def SYD 13.10.88
2006 WCE 12.13.85 def SYD 12.12.84
2016 SYD 10.7.67 def by WB 13.11.89

10 YEAR VOODOO FOR SWANS!!!

:(

No chance of posting that before I put a heap on the Swans?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:40 pm

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank those who encouraged me to go across to the GF. It was a truly amazing experience. They apparently have reduced the amount of people they allocate into each of the Standing Room areas, resulting in the view being fine. The camaraderie of the 'Sons of the West' I was with was wonderful. We became instant friends with one another. They would save your spot if you needed to go anywhere, allow you to part the 'Red White and Blue' sea to easily get back to your spot and, on the couple of occasions I stumbled, helped ensure I did not fall fully to the ground. Standing room actually ended up being really good as we were constantly hugging, high-fiving and 'praying' with one another for the miracle to occur. So much Bulldog love was present everywhere! A day I will never forget, one worth the 62 year wait! My only problem was getting the flu on my return to Adelaide, resulting in me being house-bound for a while. A very small price I will happily pay for being at the 'G on the day we finally captured the Holy Grail! Overall feeling: Nirvana!!
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:49 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
whufc wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:First of all let me say Sydneys mids Kennedy aside are flat track bullies, thats a flogging in 14 and 16 now. Struggling to justify the salary cap they take. The recruiting of Franklin has been an out and out failure, 3 years no flags, reportedly just moving into the biggest pay packet of his contract which will see Mitchell become a Hawk. How awesome 2 flags, no Buddy and now we get one of your best mids, lol lol lol. Sydney cant win a flag with the current list, ive never been surer of that, the list will get pulled apart more and more for the last 6 years of Lances contract, lol lol lol
Congrats to the Dogs, took full advantage of the system presented to them. Lets not get too carried away, only way they survive 1st week of the finals is because of the bye. Its a disgrace and Gillon should be sacked over it, absolutely no advantage to the teams that bust their guts to finish top 4. Huge asterisk *****
Fantastic coaching effort from Bevo, obviously has the players 120% playing for him....... but...... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese...... Bob Murphy isnt the 1st to miss a Grand Final through injury and wont be the last, **** he's not even the 1st captain to miss. Lets keep the day for the ones that earn it ffs or should we make it a participation medal like the U10s, why not just give a medal to everyone who played AFL this year. Murphy should be embarrassed to accept it and I hope Beveridge never gets another win, they arnt something to throw away willy nilly.
And lastly Sydney were carrying about $300 of my hard earned and i couldnt be happier to lose it all. I like to think I contributed in a small way.

Agree with most of that except the Bob Murphy thing

Premierships are won with more than 22 players, I'm not sure rewarding the players who also played throughout that season would be turning it into an u/10 participation award, I think if anything the current set up of giving it only to 22 who play rewards mediocrity when it separates players who may be playing their second game of the year in the gf to an injured bloke who may have played 15 games that year

Where do you draw the line, why doesnt Suckling Jong and Wallis get one? Far more deserving than Murphy who played 4 games. Why stop there, lets give Chris Grant, Brad Johnson and Doug Hawkins one too

The big difference is that Bob was the inspiration for the players pretty much all season. I am confident that anyone behind the scenes (and even in front of them) in Doggie Land will tell you that we would not have won the flag without him. Bob seems to be widely liked by the whole football community but at Doggie Land he is adored! When asked late in the last quarter who should get the Norm Smith medal, I (only half tongue-in-cheek) stated I would give it to Bob. To me, he and Bevo were the two who were most behind the performance on the day (and the weeks leading in). The rest of the team put in what could very much be deemed as an 'excellent team effort'. We are not a team of stars (as exemplified by the Rucc only selecting 1 of our players in the top 33) but we are a TEAM, and Bob is a HUGE reason behind that.
Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:58 pm

MW wrote:Doggies apparently charging $150 for a photo with the cup and not even allowed to touch it, but they print a copy for you lol

As one who was there, I can put this rumour to bed - CARP!
The club is also touring the Premiership Cup around - and NO CHARGE will be applied anywhere.
Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:07 pm

bulldogproud wrote:I wanted to take this opportunity to thank those who encouraged me to go across to the GF. It was a truly amazing experience. They apparently have reduced the amount of people they allocate into each of the Standing Room areas, resulting in the view being fine. The camaraderie of the 'Sons of the West' I was with was wonderful. We became instant friends with one another. They would save your spot if you needed to go anywhere, allow you to part the 'Red White and Blue' sea to easily get back to your spot and, on the couple of occasions I stumbled, helped ensure I did not fall fully to the ground. Standing room actually ended up being really good as we were constantly hugging, high-fiving and 'praying' with one another for the miracle to occur. So much Bulldog love was present everywhere! A day I will never forget, one worth the 62 year wait! My only problem was getting the flu on my return to Adelaide, resulting in me being house-bound for a while. A very small price I will happily pay for being at the 'G on the day we finally captured the Holy Grail! Overall feeling: Nirvana!!
Cheers

Glad it all worked out well and you enjoyed it mate. I'm glad they've improved the standing room experience since my horrid experience in 08!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:11 pm

Wedgie wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:I wanted to take this opportunity to thank those who encouraged me to go across to the GF. It was a truly amazing experience. They apparently have reduced the amount of people they allocate into each of the Standing Room areas, resulting in the view being fine. The camaraderie of the 'Sons of the West' I was with was wonderful. We became instant friends with one another. They would save your spot if you needed to go anywhere, allow you to part the 'Red White and Blue' sea to easily get back to your spot and, on the couple of occasions I stumbled, helped ensure I did not fall fully to the ground. Standing room actually ended up being really good as we were constantly hugging, high-fiving and 'praying' with one another for the miracle to occur. So much Bulldog love was present everywhere! A day I will never forget, one worth the 62 year wait! My only problem was getting the flu on my return to Adelaide, resulting in me being house-bound for a while. A very small price I will happily pay for being at the 'G on the day we finally captured the Holy Grail! Overall feeling: Nirvana!!
Cheers

Glad it all worked out well and you enjoyed it mate. I'm glad they've improved the standing room experience since my horrid experience in 08!

Thanks, Wedgie, and thanks for being one who helped me think things through re going. Good news for you is that if you get Standing Room for the Cats next flag, you will love the experience (and I don't think that flag is too far away - although, as stated in a 'totally unexpected' supporter interview with 3AW, it is Melbourne and St. Kilda's turns next).
Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:59 pm

am Bays wrote:

He would've been listed as a coach/selector/official at the appropriate place on the team sheet so he could be on the ground at breaks, simple.

So anyone could be then? Why isn;t it done more often if this is the case?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby RB » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:37 pm

That's it. Disqualify the Bulldogs, Sydney are premiers. :lol:
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Dutchy wrote:
am Bays wrote:

So anyone could be then? Why isn;t it done more often if this is the case?

Hadnt Brett Montgomery already left?, That wouldve opened up a position on the team sheet, so not just anybody
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL