ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby helicopterking » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:53 am

Ok I'll bite. Who is it?[/quote]
We're playing them tomorrow so I'll let everyone else know when I see the team sheet.

No. I was hoping the team sheet would be at least listed today.....but I forgot that is not a requirement of the ATCA and this is Grange we are talking about.[/quote]
If it's, TK he played for them last year.
Suspense is killing me.[/quote]

Wasn't TK, he played for West Torrens.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:56 am

In fact who I'm referring to didn't play on the weekend. Maybe next round....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby helicopterking » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:02 pm

heater31 wrote:In fact who I'm referring to didn't play on the weekend. Maybe next round....

Putland?
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby tigerpie » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:19 pm

heater31 wrote:In fact who I'm referring to didn't play on the weekend. Maybe next round....

D.C?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:48 pm

Pitch prep could be interesting this week.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:00 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Pitch prep could be interesting this week.

26 degrees on Thursday and 50% chance of 0-2mm on Friday.....shouldn't be an issue
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby No kidding » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:10 pm

Fair effort by a lad by the name of Sandercock for Ingle Farm A2s on Saturday..
7 for 6 !!!!
Must have a good bowling coach ;)
No kidding

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:19 pm

No kidding wrote:Fair effort by a lad by the name of Sandercock for Ingle Farm A2s on Saturday..
7 for 6 !!!!

Must be the new baby arrival that has him up and about :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4005 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:36 pm

No kidding wrote:Fair effort by a lad by the name of Sandercock for Ingle Farm A2s on Saturday..
7 for 6 !!!!

Also took the wicket in the second innings, so 8 for 7 for the day. Pitch looked pretty flat although a little dry. Played OK, but 21 wickets for 198 runs for the day. Big question mark on the batting. Last year the overall standard of cricket in A2 was pretty poor. I've seen nothing to change my thinking in the first two games of this season. I watched the A1 final last year between Pooraka and PAOC. That was a seriously good standard of cricket and there is no A2 side that is even close to that level.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:00 pm

Did anyone see flinders park on the weekend hit 394! Big day
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:10 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
7 for 6 !!!!

Also took the wicket in the second innings, so 8 for 7 for the day. Pitch looked pretty flat although a little dry. Played OK, but 21 wickets for 198 runs for the day. Big question mark on the batting. Last year the overall standard of cricket in A2 was pretty poor. I've seen nothing to change my thinking in the first two games of this season. I watched the A1 final last year between Pooraka and PAOC. That was a seriously good standard of cricket and there is no A2 side that is even close to that level.

No A2 side close to the A1 Grand finalists? No sh!t Sherlock..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:24 am

human_torpedo wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
7 for 6 !!!!

No A2 side close to the A1 Grand finalists? No sh!t Sherlock..

There is an unhealthy gap developing between A1 and A2 which is probably the main reason Woody South elected to stay in A2. Contrast this with SAAFL where the A2 premiers have gone into A1 and competed in the Grand Final for the last two seasons.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:14 pm

Isn't that a good thing and how it should be. We want the best players that aren't playing Grade cricket to filter to the A1 clubs so that the premier comp in ATCA is the showcase. APPS and salary cap is why the SAAFL has tightened up between grades. Plus you can't tag a gun batter or bowler!!
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:19 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Isn't that a good thing and how it should be. We want the best players that aren't playing Grade cricket to filter to the A1 clubs so that the premier comp in ATCA is the showcase. APPS and salary cap is why the SAAFL has tightened up between grades. Plus you can't tag a gun batter or bowler!!

I agree that A1 should be the showcase of ATCA....and it is. I disagree that we would want all of the best players that aren't playing Grade to filter to A1. Do we really want Fulhams best player to go to Grange or Modbury's best player to go to Hope Vally. Don't we want all A grade sides to be strong. Again, it is not healthy when an A2 premier opts to stay in A2. It is also not healthy to have so many B grade sides being atronger than A grade teams.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:14 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:Isn't that a good thing and how it should be. We want the best players that aren't playing Grade cricket to filter to the A1 clubs so that the premier comp in ATCA is the showcase. APPS and salary cap is why the SAAFL has tightened up between grades. Plus you can't tag a gun batter or bowler!!

I agree that A1 should be the showcase of ATCA....and it is. I disagree that we would want all of the best players that aren't playing Grade to filter to A1. Do we really want Fulhams best player to go to Grange or Modbury's best player to go to Hope Vally. Don't we want all A grade sides to be strong. Again, it is not healthy when an A2 premier opts to stay in A2. It is also not healthy to have so many B grade sides being atronger than A grade teams.

When was the last time an A2 premier opted to stay down? Woodville South lost by 10 wickets on within the first day of last years GF.. It would surprise me if they even manage to play finals in A2 this year.. Which I think would justify their reasoning to not go up if you ask me..

You cant compare ATCA to the SAAFL either, different beasts.

I do agree that we don't want players leaving clubs in A2 just to be playing A1
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:40 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

When was the last time an A2 premier opted to stay down? Woodville South lost by 10 wickets on within the first day of last years GF.. It would surprise me if they even manage to play finals in A2 this year.. Which I think would justify their reasoning to not go up if you ask me..

Apologies....I'll correct that to A2 Grand Finalist and throw the question back at you. When was the last time an A2 Grand Finalist opted out of being promoted to A1. Highlights there is an unhealthy gap between A1 and A2. Your assessment of Woody South is probably on the money - yes, they would have struggled big time in A1, yes, from their perspective, they probably made the right call, yes, they will probably struggle to make finals in A2.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby WellLeft » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:11 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Apologies....I'll correct that to A2 Grand Finalist and throw the question back at you. When was the last time an A2 Grand Finalist opted out of being promoted to A1. Highlights there is an unhealthy gap between A1 and A2. Your assessment of Woody South is probably on the money - yes, they would have struggled big time in A1, yes, from their perspective, they probably made the right call, yes, they will probably struggle to make finals in A2.

I don't think using one particular instance is enough to justify the notion that there is an 'unhealthy' gap between the two divisions.

The Season before Walkerville and Reynella were promoted and they finished 4th and 5th which is far from showing they are of low standard.

Hope Valley will surprise you this year.

Good teams only get better going from A2 to A1 by picking up a couple of high standard players due to the appeal of the grade if they get any at all.
WellLeft
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:26 am

Given that summation, I would have Woody South as a more unique case, than the norm.. If it happens this season again, and it becomes a trend, then yes most certainly would become a cause for concern..

Having a side come up who is weaker than they were in A2 and would basically be non competitive in A1 would be detriment to the competition.. Its not as if they were the dominant team in A2 and romped it in comfortably..

Overall, without going into massive depths of research, I reckon you'll find sides normally hold themselves well coming from A2 to A1..

But, having said that, your initial comparison was to Pooraka and PAOC, and I also watched that game, and they were far superior to most of A1, let alone A2..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby tigerpie » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:42 am

Geez we got some rain last night. 25mm in the gauge. Gonna be a nightmare today.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:32 am

tigerpie wrote:Geez we got some rain last night. 25mm in the gauge. Gonna be a nightmare today.

Yes, so much for the 0-2mm forecast earlier in the week. I'm sure you'll get the pitch up tigerpie
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps