Salary Cap Investigations

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

Postby Executive Member » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:50 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:The SAAFL quite happy to have all the young blokes from the country who move to the city for education/work come into their clubs but the minute they want to go the other way they throw a tanty and want to ban them and the CFL will allow it, the sooner this dictatorship that only benefits the SAAFL and SANFL is wound up the better off the rest of the state will be
As someone said earlier far more players transferring into the SAAFL than out so whats the issue??
Maybe if you got more than Mum and Dad along to watch the amateur hour you wouldnt be so jealous of what the country clubs are offering. Why dont you start charging a gate fee and you to might be able to afford the big dollars the country clubs can

The current situation is the CFL caved in to 2 leagues on the PROMISED salary cap level this year, but PROMISED the salary cap would be reduced next year. They have now broken that written PROMISE for the second time.
The SAAFL have been trying to get the CFL change the APPS rules to allow bona fide city/country transfers worth zero points since I have been involved with it but the country leagues don't want a bar of it.

Talk about tanties

And who willll that benefit, the saafl of course so you can get all the lads moving to the city for nothing. Good on the country clubs for telling them to stick it. Again it would only work one way. As I said, why don't you lift your standards instead of dragging the well run country comps down to your level.

when did Goodwood leave the SAAFL :shock:
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Pag » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:16 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:The SAAFL quite happy to have all the young blokes from the country who move to the city for education/work come into their clubs but the minute they want to go the other way they throw a tanty and want to ban them and the CFL will allow it, the sooner this dictatorship that only benefits the SAAFL and SANFL is wound up the better off the rest of the state will be
As someone said earlier far more players transferring into the SAAFL than out so whats the issue??
Maybe if you got more than Mum and Dad along to watch the amateur hour you wouldnt be so jealous of what the country clubs are offering. Why dont you start charging a gate fee and you to might be able to afford the big dollars the country clubs can

The current situation is the CFL caved in to 2 leagues on the PROMISED salary cap level this year, but PROMISED the salary cap would be reduced next year. They have now broken that written PROMISE for the second time.
The SAAFL have been trying to get the CFL change the APPS rules to allow bona fide city/country transfers worth zero points since I have been involved with it but the country leagues don't want a bar of it.

Talk about tanties

And who willll that benefit, the saafl of course so you can get all the lads moving to the city for nothing. Good on the country clubs for telling them to stick it. Again it would only work one way. As I said, why don't you lift your standards instead of dragging the well run country comps down to your level.

I believe it was also for teachers/police officers etc posted to the country would be worth 0 points to their new country club.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:31 am

Pag wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Talk about tanties

I believe it was also for teachers/police officers etc posted to the country would be worth 0 points to their new country club.

As i said heavily weighted towards the city clubs, no thanks. Probably no more than a dozen get posted to the country in this fashion each year, how many go to the city for work/education?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:32 am

Any news on the investigations, shut down any country towns yet?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Oval Ball » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:02 am

daysofourlives wrote:Any news on the investigations, shut down any country towns yet?

How are they going to investigate Gawler Centrals when all involved are jumping ship and if found guilty do the new committee cop all the penalties also see Barossa Districts so called coach has retired. If the CFB are serious about the salary cap that's one big loop hole they need to fix ASAP.
Oval Ball
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby jo172 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:08 am

Oval Ball wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Any news on the investigations, shut down any country towns yet?

How are they going to investigate Gawler Centrals when all involved are jumping ship and if found guilty do the new committee cop all the penalties also see Barossa Districts so called coach has retired. If the CFB are serious about the salary cap that's one big loop hole they need to fix ASAP.

The Club itself cops the penalties and the individuals involved.

The Club starts 2017 with - x premiership point/less APPS etc.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:13 am

Oval Ball wrote:

Centrals were thoroughly investigated and cleared [emoji3]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby marbles » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:42 pm

Do these salary cap restrictions apply to country leagues too? ie: luke harder
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Oval Ball » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:12 pm

marbles wrote:Do these salary cap restrictions apply to country leagues too? ie: luke harder

They sure do - No sign on fees ,1 marquee player per team, total payments $3500 plus $600 incentives, so if he was there marquee player he can be paid $1000 per game.
Oval Ball
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby marbles » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:23 pm

Oval Ball wrote:
marbles wrote:Do these salary cap restrictions apply to country leagues too? ie: luke harder

They sure do - No sign on fees ,1 marquee player per team, total payments $3500 plus $600 incentives, so if he was there marquee player he can be paid $1000 per game.

Thanks

Incentives means best player awards?

And so is the C9afl as follows... no marquee player & maximum $400 per player per game. $3000 total per team per game?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby sponsor » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:17 pm

From what I'm hearing there will a number of quality players leaving SAAFL this year searching for a sensible remuneration for the time and effort they put. Seems impossible to believe in 2017 that CPI has gone backwards. I would have thought a slight increase each year would be the norm. Players who have been given a talent and not being able to benefit from it. The last report I heard was that the Vic Country AFL have set salary caps at a much higher level.
So it probably fair to say that the inclusion of teams into the SAAFL is a sign that the APPS and Salary Cap are working well for them at the expense of all other country football teams but if their blue chip players start leaving it may have the reverse effect.
sponsor
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:55 pm

sponsor wrote:From what I'm hearing there will a number of quality players leaving SAAFL this year searching for a sensible remuneration for the time and effort they put. Seems impossible to believe in 2017 that CPI has gone backwards. I would have thought a slight increase each year would be the norm. Players who have been given a talent and not being able to benefit from it. The last report I heard was that the Vic Country AFL have set salary caps at a much higher level.
So it probably fair to say that the inclusion of teams into the SAAFL is a sign that the APPS and Salary Cap are working well for them at the expense of all other country football teams but if their blue chip players start leaving it may have the reverse effect.

Amateur level footballers 'searching for sensible remuneration for the time and effort they put in' and 'players who have been given a talent and not being able to benefit from it'.. Their is a competition run annually called the 'Australian Football League' which (overly) sensibly remunerates players who have been given the talent and thus allows them to benefit from it.

The type of player you seem to be referring to are either players who don't want to put the required time and effort into playing SANFL (the league locally below the above mentioned AFL) or players who never made the cut at SANFL level for one reason or another, so to say they are missing out on sensible remuneration for the talent they have been given seems somewhat rich imo
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby morell » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:13 pm

sponsor wrote:From what I'm hearing there will a number of quality players leaving SAAFL this year searching for a sensible remuneration for the time and effort they put. Seems impossible to believe in 2017 that CPI has gone backwards. I would have thought a slight increase each year would be the norm. Players who have been given a talent and not being able to benefit from it. The last report I heard was that the Vic Country AFL have set salary caps at a much higher level.

morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Q. » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:14 pm

The sense of entitlement from some people is ******* astounding
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby bird of prey » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:28 pm

Ha! These "blue chip" players you're talking about have been poached to the country leagues for years. I don't think this current salary cap is going to play any bigger part in it.
And this rubbish about benefiting from this talent they have been blessed with. Please :roll:
It's probably more about the ego of the player than the actual ability. Most of the time they're living off the pre season they did with a league club, or the season of ressies they played, and never live up to the hype.
Also, we lost 2 guys from our side 5 years ago to a country league that paid them $1200/game. And these 2 guys couldn't even crack our best 21 at the time. They weren't exactly "blue chip" players.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 40 times

Postby Killa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:23 am

Oval Ball wrote:

If you are talking about Obst. there is a strong chance he is moving to Melbourne next year for work hence retirement. Next year you cannot have co coaches that play, but only 1 coach that can play. Barossa signed 2 playing coaches on a loophole and then Myles got his mate from Hamley Bridge to help out.
Killa
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby jo172 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:57 am

Whispers that one Grand Finalist is definitely in the gun.

CFL just waiting for the 31 October submissions to see if they self-report.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:08 am

jo172 wrote:Whispers that one Grand Finalist is definitely in the gun.

Div 1?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:25 am

Dutchy wrote:
jo172 wrote:Whispers that one Grand Finalist is definitely in the gun.

Div 1?

Wouldn't tell me which affiliated league sadly.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:42 pm

SFL
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts