Dat D7 tho
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

Postby Computer Crashed » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:55 pm

marbles wrote:Wouldnt u just sit back n say 'oh well this div 7 we are all the scragglers clubs just trying to stay alive in the saafl and what a beautiful thing it is to see when a club graduates back to the big smoke of div 6 and excels. Unlike mitchell park who likely hav been relegated more than anyone in these divisions.

MP are back in the intensive care 'div 7 nursery' for their owns reasons, para hills need to be there too for their own reasons unique to them

At least youll all get at least one cgrader side (10th team) to maul twice a year, and youll all have wonderful nights at your club cheering 'yay we smashed cgraders today' #pnu2016 #rosewater2017

Totally agree.
If your A grade is shit enough to play Div 7 footy against C grade sides then so be it, fix your house or put up with it.
As for PH playing in that grade, it's a long long season, without depth they may struggle to cover injuries.
Geez there are some Lar Lars getting around.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby morell » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:57 am

This argument about PH being in D7 has nothing to do with playing C grade sides, it's about the existing sides that have busted their arse, taken some licks, and are now (potentially) being robbed of the opportunity to get promoted/win a flag. Wouldn't matter if it was a D2 side that won a flag and folded and came back into D5 with the same D2 team... the argument is the same.

Reading comprehension game is not strong. Geez there are some utter muppets getting around.
morell
Coach

Postby The Informer » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 am

IMO i say good luck to PH, if they can get there house in order off field to attract these players back to the club and new players to join them then i dont see a issue.
A lot of people have busted there arses off field to get the club back on there feet and the players coming back can see that.
The league has put them in 7 so be it, we talk about clubs busting there arses, taken some licks and all that and being robbed off a chance to win a flag but where are PH to go?
Was mentioned about Mawson Lakes getting booted out of Div6 but why? Havent they busted there arses and taken some licks to play in that grade but you wont to boot them out to suit your agenda.
Do they hard work, attract the right players to your club and get out off Div7 if it is a issue.
In relation tot he clearances, i think you are very lucky you can only see the approved and denied clearances at this stage and not all that have been put in!
Well done to PH.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:27 am

Principally I agree The_Informer, think PH deserve all the rewards they can get and have absolutely done a lot of work for them, as I have said countless times, this is almost out of their hands, I don't blame them in any way! Still hold many of their guys in highest of esteem. Particularly, Bangers, Lynt, Elbows and Smithy.

... but its not hard to see the logic in what I am saying. They're in all likelihood going to be far too strong for D7 and will be much better than the bottom end of D6. After having folded for a year, is a bit harsh on the teams that were already in D7. Try if you can and put yourself in St Pauls shoes ... or Flinders Uni? Or Central United....?

Mawson Lakes have not had any success in D6. Have won a pretty dismal amount of games for three years in a row. I would cut them some slack and offer them the choice to drop to D7. If they don't recruit well and/or lose a few, I would go as far as making that choice for them.

If we weren't all so stuck in this hierarchical, disciplined, military, binary type thinking which is so rife in football we would probably be able to do what many other sports do at the amateur level and actually have grading reviews in the early pre-season, then again in round 2, then again in round 5.

And for the fifteenth ******* time - this isn't Mitchell Park's agenda - its not even on our guys radars. They could not care less. This. Doesn't. Affect. Mitchell. Park.
morell
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:57 am

holdy2323 wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Given he hasn't signed anywhere yet I cant confirm. But I would be very surprised if it was Para Hills

I have heard the same rumour.....from someone who is tied up with Para Hills.......I hope its not true though :shock: :shock:

I've heard he might be signing tonight. I think OB coached him at Fitzroy as well.
Hanson and Bourke in the forward line will dominate from 4 down.

OB certainly didn't have the look of a div 7 coach who had just signed a 75 goal div 5 forward when he walked out of Chad's office at work yesterday..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:46 am

human_torpedo wrote:
holdy2323 wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Given he hasn't signed anywhere yet I cant confirm. But I would be very surprised if it was Para Hills

I have heard the same rumour.....from someone who is tied up with Para Hills.......I hope its not true though :shock: :shock:

I've heard he might be signing tonight. I think OB coached him at Fitzroy as well.
Hanson and Bourke in the forward line will dominate from 4 down.

OB certainly didn't have the look of a div 7 coach who had just signed a 75 goal div 5 forward when he walked out of Chad's office at work yesterday..

OB is known for having a great poker face though :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Q. » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:47 am

morell wrote:And for the fifteenth ******* time - this isn't Mitchell Park's agenda - its not even on our guys radars. They could not care less. This. Doesn't. Affect. Mitchell. Park.

Speaking of radars, will you famously be going under them next season?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby morell » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:57 am

Famously?

We're like giant squid atm, so far under the radar people are questioning whether we exist.
morell
Coach

Postby zedman » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:39 am

morell wrote:And for the fifteenth ******* time - this isn't Mitchell Park's agenda - its not even on our guys radars. They could not care less. This. Doesn't. Affect. Mitchell. Park.

zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:45 pm

morell wrote:This argument about PH being in D7 has nothing to do with playing C grade sides, it's about the existing sides that have busted their arse, taken some licks, and are now (potentially) being robbed of the opportunity to get promoted/win a flag. Wouldn't matter if it was a D2 side that won a flag and folded and came back into D5 with the same D2 team... the argument is the same.

Reading comprehension game is not strong. Geez there are some utter muppets getting around.

All your doing is speculating, potentially you say, there you have it.
You've just shot your own argument down.
Your right, there are some muppets on here.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby morell » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:08 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:
morell wrote:This argument about PH being in D7 has nothing to do with playing C grade sides, it's about the existing sides that have busted their arse, taken some licks, and are now (potentially) being robbed of the opportunity to get promoted/win a flag. Wouldn't matter if it was a D2 side that won a flag and folded and came back into D5 with the same D2 team... the argument is the same.

its not speculation you utter Pelican. Mitchell Park have cleared 7 people to PH FFS.
morell
Coach

Postby Computer Crashed » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:18 pm

morell wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

its not speculation you utter Pelican. Mitchell Park have cleared 7 people to PH FFS.

And ?
You blokes got relegated with them.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby morell » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:39 pm

We would've been bottom and barely won a game without them.

You don't have to be Pirot to look at the players they have, the quality therein, and comprehend their relative strength.

Unless you're not quite all there .
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:14 pm

Mitchell park should instead go to southern league and play morphett vale & flaggies

If PH had so called champs in 2015/100 gamers etc etc or whoever, and these players went to another club in 2016, are these particular players now regarded as 2 pointers. Or will all these returning players be zero pointers
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby BZB27 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:32 pm

marbles wrote:Mitchell park should instead go to southern league and play morphett vale & flaggies

If PH had so called champs in 2015/100 gamers etc etc or whoever, and these players went to another club in 2016, are these particular players now regarded as 2 pointers. Or will all these returning players be zero pointers

They will be 0 if they played over 25 games for the club.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:06 pm

I must say I'm looking forward to going to the Den next year for the first time ever
Mind you, a lot of clubs would cringe at that prospect
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Computer Crashed » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:30 am

morell wrote:We would've been bottom and barely won a game without them.

You don't have to be Pirot to look at the players they have, the quality therein, and comprehend their relative strength.

Unless you're not quite all there .

Your gunna have to move on mate.
PH are in a rebuilding mode, they never had a side at all last year, that is what Div 7 is to A grade sides isn't it ?
They will need 50 plus players to cover injuries etc etc.
Why you think they are a walk up start to dominate I don't know, sure they have a few good ones returning but that doesn't give them a free ride.
As for suggesting Mawson Lakes should look at swapping Divvies with them, Mawsons have earnt the right to stay in Div 6 by finishing higher than 2 other clubs over the years, I stand to be corrected but I haven't seen anyone from there asking for a cop out by going to Div 7 because it maybe easier.
Only one represent from one club has bothered bashing the situation to a high level.
Even if they were to dominate, this happens in many divisions as is, West Croyden never lost a game until the GF last year, that's a domination.
Under your mantra of picking and choosing who goes where, what Div should they have been in the season just gone ?
We all knew they would be strong.
They will probably dominate again next season but know one from Div 6 is complaining.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby The Informer » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:04 am

Great post mate, I know my club in Div6 is looking forward to the challenge of matching the likes of WC and the other couple of clubs coming down from 5. We were one loss away from going down I think it was and no way did we want to go down to maybe have a easier year!
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby marbles » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:56 am

Yep its a nursery down here - its a place to heal and mend and find stability before being released back into the wild

However if they manage to get say 15 of their div 5 premiership team back then....
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League