Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

Postby Computer Crashed » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:24 am

marbles wrote:Yep its a nursery down here - its a place to heal and mend and find stability before being released back into the wild

However if they manage to get say 15 of their div 5 premiership team back then....

That's what they are attempting to do.
There is no other alternative, no other club at this stage is interested in swapping and why would they.
It's a fruitless argument.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby marbles » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:50 am

Computer Crashed wrote:
marbles wrote:Yep its a nursery down here - its a place to heal and mend and find stability before being released back into the wild

However if they manage to get say 15 of their div 5 premiership team back then....

That's what they are attempting to do.
There is no other alternative, no other club at this stage is interested in swapping and why would they.
It's a fruitless argument.

well i wouldnt lock in div 7 just yet :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby twobob » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:30 pm

I wonder just who will be calling the shots down at Roo park next year. The club won't want to upset the players because they already have form that if they aren't happy they all will get up and go. i would have thought PH would of been better off trying to recruit some good honest footballers rather than bringing back the people who left them in this situation in the first place. Committee might want buy up on chapsticks as there could be a fair bit of ass kissing going on trying to keep all these blokes happy.
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby scottroo » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:14 pm

Especially with the old coach returning as a player
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby marbles » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:33 am

well they have one just one Div 5 premiership player cleared so far, quick quick lets put em in div 6!!!!

10 P.Cree
40 P.Bradtke
8 S.Maher
31 T.Sleep
11 S.Buss
29 N.Lynch
2 S.Hanson
3 J.Westover
17 M.Travis
36 S.Evans
14 L.Power CLEARED
37 S.Faulkner
21 D.Prior
47 W.Thach
26 J.Bailey
18 T.Chenoweth
15 G.Chau
44 S.Goodwin
4 ..VanMeNguyen
28 I.Pryor
41 D.Sykes
25 D.Smith
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby BZB27 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:25 pm

marbles wrote:well they have one just one Div 5 premiership player cleared so far, quick quick lets put em in div 6!!!!

10 P.Cree
40 P.Bradtke
8 S.Maher
31 T.Sleep
11 S.Buss
29 N.Lynch
2 S.Hanson (Cleared)
3 J.Westover
17 M.Travis
36 S.Evans
14 L.Power CLEARED
37 S.Faulkner
21 D.Prior
47 W.Thach
26 J.Bailey
18 T.Chenoweth
15 G.Chau
44 S.Goodwin
4 ..VanMeNguyen
28 I.Pryor
41 D.Sykes
25 D.Smith

2 now Plus Bamford back lol maybe put them up to 5 now ;)
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby morell » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:42 am

Smithy played for us - that's another one. Nguyen, Thach and Buss. Plus Nuske and Van Den Brink who didn't play in the GF but are both very capable of playing at that level - especially Nuske. Bourke potentially as well.

So say it's 9? Nearly 50% of a D4 side and it's the 7th of November. As I said - if they stopped now and rounded out their side with oldies and reasonable B Graders and they'd still be the team to beat IMO. If they keep adding recruits it'll be Smithfield '14, Salisbury West '16 levels of dominance.

Which would be fine if they got relegated from D6 last year or maybe played with one side for a year ...

But nahh, the last game they played was them winning D5 Grand Final!

The logic is inescapable. Only people with blinkers or an agenda can ignore it.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:13 am

Computer Crashed wrote:Your gunna have to move on mate.
Am I now? You're* going to* have to learn how to spell but you don't see me telling you what to do.

Computer Crashed wrote:PH are in a rebuilding mode, they never had a side at all last year, that is what Div 7 is to A grade sides isn't it ?

The point is, which you keep missing, Para Hills will be rebuilding at a standard which is much better than the division they've been placed in - which results in a detrimental effect on the other competing clubs in D7. If Para Hills need to rebuild, they should be doing it at the appropriate standard, otherwise it's yet another false economy.

I would agree that they shouldn't just be whacked back in D4, they need to be able to win games. D6 is the perfect balance. To quote two Para Hills people: "based on what we saw of D6 last year, the side we have would play finals".

Computer Crashed wrote:They will need 50 plus players to cover injuries etc etc.
Last I heard, it was now close to 70.

Computer Crashed wrote:Why you think they are a walk up start to dominate I don't know,
Probably because I have been playing, administrating or coaching at or around this level for 16 years.

Computer Crashed wrote:As for suggesting Mawson Lakes should look at swapping Divvies with them, Mawsons have earnt the right to stay in Div 6 by finishing higher than 2 other clubs over the years, I stand to be corrected but I haven't seen anyone from there asking for a cop out by going to Div 7 because it maybe easier.
So wait, Mawson Lakes going to D7 is a cop out ... even though they've won 3, 3 and 4 games in the last three years....

But Para Hills who last won a flag just two seasons ago, at a level two divisions higher than where they are now is "rebuilding".

You're off your chops.

Computer Crashed wrote:Only one represent from one club has bothered bashing the situation to a high level.
SA Footy is a high level? hahah pulease.

and Mitchell Park leadership and management couldn't give a toss. Which is why I keep saying this isn't about the MPFC - despite the minion minded muppets above.

Computer Crashed wrote:Even if they were to dominate, this happens in many divisions as is, West Croyden never lost a game until the GF last year, that's a domination. Under your mantra of picking and choosing who goes where, what Div should they have been in the season just gone ?
We all knew they would be strong.
They will probably dominate again next season but know one from Div 6 is complaining.
How can you keep missing the point when it is so clearly and specifically put in front of you?

West Croydon didn't fold for a year.
West Croydon didn't drop two divisions.
West Croydon have spent years in D6.
West Croydon have adhered to the promotion/relegation system
West Croydon aren't going to unfairly prevent clubs from winning a GF / gaining promotion through their own mismanagement.

You comparing Para Hills to West Croydon is the best example yet of how little comprehension you have about the arguments being made.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:43 am

morell wrote:Smithy played for us - that's another one. Nguyen, Thach and Buss. Plus Nuske and Van Den Brink who didn't play in the GF but are both very capable of playing at that level - especially Nuske. Bourke potentially as well.

So say it's 9? Nearly 50% of a D4 side and it's the 7th of November. As I said - if they stopped now and rounded out their side with oldies and reasonable B Graders and they'd still be the team to beat IMO. If they keep adding recruits it'll be Smithfield '14, Salisbury West '16 levels of dominance.

only 2 players cleared, they only have 2 grand final players so far, not 9, mitchell park probably have more players than them right now who would be "capable" of playing div 4

why arent you pushing houghton back to div 7. I wouldnt blow anymore than a $1.50 of mine on a bet that they would ever make div 6 finals over next 3 years. isnt their position on the far isolated edge of town more advantageous for them to be in div 7 to enjoy more victorious saturdays than ongoing div 6 defeats

mawsons got themselves to div 6 and have NEVER been relegated in recent times unlike u other nuffies :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:13 am

I'll take your money for 2017
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby marbles » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:30 am

Q. wrote:I'll take your money for 2017

I will take the risk but i will need u to throw in a famous houghton chocolate doughtnut :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:35 am

marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:I'll take your money for 2017

I will take the risk but i will need u to throw in a famous houghton chocolate doughtnut :)

Deal!
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby morell » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:11 pm

marbles wrote:only 2 players cleared, they only have 2 grand final players so far, not 9, mitchell park probably have more players than them right now who would be "capable" of playing div 4
marbles. pls. stahp.

marbles wrote:why arent you pushing houghton back to div 7.
Why would I? They've had one down year in D6 after copping a lot of injuries and bad luck. I wouldn't put money on them making the 5 next year but they deserve to be there and would be a sneaky chance.

If they have 3 wins this year and then 3 again the year after then yeah, they'd be comparable with ML.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:48 pm

When para hills get pushed to div 6 and by round 10 be forfeiting every second game it will be your head on the chopping block :D

With every other club in the div hunting u down too lol
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Barry » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:02 pm

morell wrote:
marbles wrote:only 2 players cleared, they only have 2 grand final players so far, not 9, mitchell park probably have more players than them right now who would be "capable" of playing div 4
marbles. pls. stahp.

marbles wrote:why arent you pushing houghton back to div 7.
Why would I? They've had one down year in D6 after copping a lot of injuries and bad luck. I wouldn't put money on them making the 5 next year but they deserve to be there and would be a sneaky chance.

If they have 3 wins this year and then 3 again the year after then yeah, they'd be comparable with ML.

Mawsons have had injuries as well, this is far from a valid excuse in football as every team gets injuries. 3 wins has been enough to see them not relegated. Forcing them to take a backwards step would be the most ridiculous decision made.

End of the day if Para Hills are in div 7, get used to it, get better and beat them. After all Mawsons during one of those 4 win seasons did beat Grand Finalist Lockleys at Lockleys who only lost 2 games that year. Can't be that bad.
Barry
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby morell » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:16 pm

Three years of injuries?
morell
Coach

Postby Bigshow82 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:47 pm

I have heard young Daniel Weetra is heading out to Para Hills from Salisbury North.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Trader » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:44 pm

morell, if a new club had 10 former Div 5 players on its list, and 70 in total, would you want them to start in Div 7, or Div 6?

{I am trying to work out if you are more upset with Para Hills dropping a couple of grades, or if you are upset that they will win the D7 flag}

Also, after correcting Computer Crashed's "your gunna", I can't believe you then used "stahp".
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:34 am

Trader wrote:morell, if a new club had 10 former Div 5 players on its list, and 70 in total, would you want them to start in Div 7, or Div 6?

{I am trying to work out if you are more upset with Para Hills dropping a couple of grades, or if you are upset that they will win the D7 flag}

Also, after correcting Computer Crashed's "your gunna", I can't believe you then used "stahp".

Beat me to it.
Thanks.
He's always very upset.
I have a very stubborn person in my house too, it's a woman.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby adr107 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:06 am

Computer Crashed wrote:
Trader wrote:morell, if a new club had 10 former Div 5 players on its list, and 70 in total, would you want them to start in Div 7, or Div 6?

Beat me to it.
Thanks.
He's always very upset.
I have a very stubborn person in my house too, it's a woman.

But just remember guys.....This. Doesn't. Affect. Mitchell. Park.

hahahahahaha.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League